Mark My Word 2015

DaddyBoyAU

This will be Spurrier's final season of coaching College football.

Thank you and good night.

Let's see...that's one out of about 100 otherwise inaccurate predictions.....not a very good year for the "experts".....and it's barely just half over.

That one was really going out on a limb too, lol.

Yeah because SO many people had the opportunity to predict it in this thread, YET didn't.

Only one other person mentioned Spurrier in this thread (and it was after me) and he said "Spurrier "resigns" after this season," which is inaccurate.

Mine was 100% accurate, regardless if Spurrier (quit, retired, was fired, died) before, during or after the season, which is why I worded it the way I did.

Plus he retired, which means he will not coach a different team, thus it was his "final season of coaching College football."

Touchy much? Maybe people didn't predict it because it has nothing to do with Auburn. I could've predicted "Alabama will be good...yet again." But didn't feel the need to. It has nothing to do with Auburn and isn't exactly mind blowing information.

I normally love your posts but you're a little off here, viper.

You mean like when 86 bazillion Auburn fans predict every single year, "THIS will be Saban's last season at Alabama"?

Did not realize the rules were ONLY for Auburn-related predictions.

Many people predicted in pre-season that Spurrier would coach several more years because he loves College Football too much.

I made two simple predictions in this thread and the first one, I knocked out of the park.

'Little off," my azz.

The 2nd one is well on its way. And since it matters so much, it indeed was Auburn-related.

Good job predicting a 70 year old coach coming off a 7-6 season and lackluster recruiting class would decide to hang it up. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY could've possibly seen this coming. You are a prognosticator equalled only by the great Nostradamus. Women will throw themselves upon you and we will sing songs of your glory.

Bobby Bowden (Age 80) & JoePa (Age 84) believed they were just getting started at 70.

Every indication was that Spurrier would coach several more years. Said he was healthy and loved to coach.

There was ZERO indication of his retirement. NONE.

But of course, mock the one who nailed it and say it was inaccurate and a little off.

Zero, huh? Lol.

link

He had more than one talk with the AD in the off season about wanting to retire, but was talked out of it. Not to mention that a large portion of the fanbase is ready to move on. He had planned on coaching longer, but is burnt like toast. Wouldn't be shocked to see him pop somewhere, probably not coaching, but who knows.

But hey, keep patting yourself on the back if that works for you.

"I think everybody knows now that I've still got four or five more years in me."

barry-horowitz.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Spurrier said he was resigning, not retiring. He said he doubted he'd be a head coach again, but he couldn't say what the future would bring. He said he couldn't envison himself being a collegiate head coach again."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/10/live_updates_as_steve_spurrier.html#incart_std

"Spurrier said he was resigning, not retiring. He said he doubted he'd be a head coach again, but he couldn't say what the future would bring. He said he couldn't envison himself being a collegiate head coach again."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/10/live_updates_as_steve_spurrier.html#incart_std

Send him a blank check to be our OC/QB coach.

VipersStrike1,

Congrats, you were right about a prediction you made on a message board!!!

However, you are acting like you just won the frickin lottery and being rude about it in the process. Nobody is going to be as impressed with your prediction as you are. No need to boast about it and then act rude to others when they are not impressed by it.

Its kind of like a Fantasy Football team...the only person who cares about your team is you and MAYBE the person you are going against.

and if AUinTloosa's link is accurate then your prediction can't be 100% accurate if the HBC himself is leaving the door open to come back at a later time by saying he is resigning.

Let's see...that's one out of about 100 otherwise inaccurate predictions.....not a very good year for the "experts".....and it's barely just half over.

Yeah because SO many people had the opportunity to predict it in this thread, YET didn't.

Only one other person mentioned Spurrier in this thread (and it was after me) and he said "Spurrier "resigns" after this season," which is inaccurate.

Mine was 100% accurate, regardless if Spurrier (quit, retired, was fired, died) before, during or after the season, which is why I worded it the way I did.

Plus he retired, which means he will not coach a different team, thus it was his "final season of coaching College football."

Touchy much? Maybe people didn't predict it because it has nothing to do with Auburn. I could've predicted "Alabama will be good...yet again." But didn't feel the need to. It has nothing to do with Auburn and isn't exactly mind blowing information.

You mean like when 86 bazillion Auburn fans predict every single year, "THIS will be Saban's last season at Alabama"?

Many people predicted in pre-season that Spurrier would coach several more years because he loves College Football too much.

I made two simple predictions in this thread and the first one, I knocked out of the park.

'Little off," my azz.

The 2nd one is well on its way. And since it matters so much, it indeed was Auburn-related.

Good job predicting a 70 year old coach coming off a 7-6 season and lackluster recruiting class would decide to hang it up. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY could've possibly seen this coming. You are a prognosticator equalled only by the great Nostradamus. Women will throw themselves upon you and we will sing songs of your glory.

Bobby Bowden (Age 80) & JoePa (Age 84) believed they were just getting started at 70.

Every indication was that Spurrier would coach several more years. Said he was healthy and loved to coach.

But of course, mock the one who nailed it and say it was inaccurate and a little off.

Reading comprehension struggles... I said " I normally love your posts but you're a little off here, viper" in response to your defensive reply to tiger88. Not the accuracy or inaccuracy of your savant prediction.

So I was a "little off" because you didn't love my post, NOT because it was inaccurate.

Got it.

Is there something wrong with you?

'Little off," my azz.

You did good.

There you go.

While you're joking, I think, it would be pretty cool to have the HBC be on on our staff. I see Spurrier going the high school route though.

While you're joking, I think, it would be pretty cool to have the HBC be on on our staff. I see Spurrier going the high school route though.

Mostly joking with some wishful thinking tossed in.

Gus should send Lashlee packing and hire Steve to take over as OC/QB coach.

My money on Bobby Bentley to take over as OC/QB coach if Kirby Smart to HC at USCe.

People do realize we're discussing the possibility of someone becoming our OC, or any OC for that matter, who has been his own boss and run a program his own way since 87 right? 28 years. No way even in an alternate universe he drops to a coordinator role at this level. MAYBE he coaches HS athletes, but my guess is he either ends up at Carolina or Florida as a "consultant to the Athletic Director" or "consultant to the Football Program" - something like that. HC Emeritus.

People do realize we're discussing the possibility of someone becoming our OC, or any OC for that matter, who has been his own boss and run a program his own way since 87 right? 28 years. No way even in an alternate universe he drops to a coordinator role at this level. MAYBE he coaches HS athletes, but my guess is he either ends up at Carolina or Florida as a "consultant to the Athletic Director" or "consultant to the Football Program" - something like that. HC Emeritus.

While I completely agree that the odds are completely against him joining our staff, it is far from unprecedented for someone who's been at the top for 20-30 years to choose to step into a lesser role where you can do the parts of the job he loves without the pressure of being the boss. If he does choose to do that, it will most likely be at a school he really loves, however.

He stays in the SEC, doesn't have to give a damn about the defense, and has the most talent on offense he's had in a couple of years. Plus, Gus is probably Spurrier's favorite coach that isn't related to him. It isn't as far fetched as you're making it seem. Spurrier is either going to high school or taking a lesser college job somewhere, don't see why Auburn couldn't accommodate him.

He stays in the SEC, doesn't have to give a damn about the defense, and has the most talent on offense he's had in a couple of years. Plus, Gus is probably Spurrier's favorite coach that isn't related to him. It isn't as far fetched as you're making it seem. Spurrier is either going to high school or taking a lesser college job somewhere, don't see why Auburn couldn't accommodate him.

At this point, I'll be shocked if we don't get him.

At this point, I'll be shocked if we don't get him.

I definitely don't expect us to get him for the simple fact that Gus would have to A. Sign off on the dismissal of Rhett Lashlee, which would mean Gus admitting he's wrong or B. The BOT going over his head, which would require interference which never goes well in Auburn (it couldn't possibly go wrong here though).

Mark my words:

• Auburn blows LSU out in Baton Rouge

• Alabama's offense will look like Auburn's circa 2012... anemic

• Jim McElwain will be the SEC coach of the year

1) blew that one out the water...

2) so far they are... okay

3) remains to be seen, we'll how well Florida does without a quarterback.

C. He's burnt like a piece of toast at the moment. He's about about as fresh as Hugh Nall was when he got his walking papers.

He was burnt out because he had to deal with arguably the least talented team in the SEC for the past two years and somehow manage his own nearly impossible expectations

That would burn anyone out. After a few weeks off, he'll be fresh as a bird. BTW him burnt out is still 4000000x the OC of Lashlee

'Little off," my azz.

You did good.

There you go.

News flash... Stud Dud - Steve Spurrier didn't retire. He didn't resign. He quit on his team.

Archived