Mark My Word 2015

DaddyBoyAU

We will finish the year with a top 25 defense.

At least 6 players from the defense will be drafted.

CWM will be here no less than 3 seasons.

While I do not disagreee with your first two projections, I am curious why you predict the third. Would you explain please?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words: Melvin Ray establishes himself as the Ying to Duke's Yang.

Mark my words: Roc Thomas will be the feature back this year.

Mark my words: Jeremy Johnson will throw for 2,200 yards and run for 750 yards - because as a team Auburn rushes for 4,800 yards.

Mark my words: Auburn will win the SEC and lose the National Championship again.

if Jeremy only has 2000 yards this year is a failure

While I do not disagreee with your first two projections, I am curious why you predict the third. Would you explain please?

Probably because if Muschamp could suddenly turn Auburn back into a program with top 25 defenses, he's going to get a head coaching gig?

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.

* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

Mark my words: Baylor will lose 3 games

Mark my words: Tennessee will win the East

Mark my words: Louisville will play Miami in the ACC championship game

Mark my words: Kansas St will be the first team left out of the playoffs

Mark my words:

+Alabama loses to; Georgia, Wisconsin, Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi State

+Roc is our leading rusher by a lot

+The SEC East will be won by South Carolina

Mark my words:

• Auburn blows LSU out in Baton Rouge

• Alabama's offense will look like Auburn's circa 2012... anemic

• Jim McElwain will be the SEC coach of the year

I'm a little late to the party, but mark my words:

A healthy Garrett will be first team all SEC at the end of the season.

We will have two 1,000+ yard rushers and a 1,000+ yard receiver.

Texas will fire Strong by the end of the season and saban to Texas finally comes to fruition.

• 1 month later...

This will be Spurrier's final season of coaching College football.

Thank you and good night.

Let's see...that's one out of about 100 otherwise inaccurate predictions.....not a very good year for the "experts".....and it's barely just half over.

Let's see...that's one out of about 100 otherwise inaccurate predictions.....not a very good year for the "experts".....and it's barely just half over.

That one was really going out on a limb too, lol.

Let's see...Spurrier retired last night, but he will coach College Football again.

Got it.

Yeah because SO many people had the opportunity to predict it in this thread, YET didn't.

Only one other person mentioned Spurrier in this thread (and it was after me) and he said "Spurrier "resigns" after this season," which is inaccurate.

Mine was 100% accurate, regardless if Spurrier (quit, retired, was fired, died) before, during or after the season, which is why I worded it the way I did.

Plus he retired, which means he will not coach a different team, thus it was his "final season of coaching College football."

Yeah because SO many people had the opportunity to predict it in this thread, YET didn't.

Only one other person mentioned Spurrier in this thread (and it was after me) and he said "Spurrier "resigns" after this season," which is inaccurate.

Mine was 100% accurate, regardless if Spurrier (quit, retired, was fired, died) before, during or after the season, which is why I worded it the way I did.

Plus he retired, which means he will not coach a different team, thus it was his "final season of coaching College football."

Touchy much? Maybe people didn't predict it because it has nothing to do with Auburn. I could've predicted "Alabama will be good...yet again." But didn't feel the need to. It has nothing to do with Auburn and isn't exactly mind blowing information.

I normally love your posts but you're a little off here, viper.

Touchy much? Maybe people didn't predict it because it has nothing to do with Auburn. I could've predicted "Alabama will be good...yet again." But didn't feel the need to. It has nothing to do with Auburn and isn't exactly mind blowing information.

You mean like when 86 bazillion Auburn fans predict every single year, "THIS will be Saban's last season at Alabama"?

Did not realize the rules were ONLY for Auburn-related predictions.

Many people predicted in pre-season that Spurrier would coach several more years because he loves College Football too much.

I made two simple predictions in this thread and the first one, I knocked out of the park.

'Little off," my azz.

The 2nd one is well on its way. And since it matters so much, it indeed was Auburn-related.

You mean like when 86 bazillion Auburn fans predict every single year, "THIS will be Saban's last season at Alabama"?

Many people predicted in pre-season that Spurrier would coach several more years because he loves College Football too much.

I made two simple predictions in this thread and the first one, I knocked out of the park.

'Little off," my azz.

The 2nd one is well on its way. And since it matters so much, it indeed was Auburn-related.

Good job predicting a 70 year old coach coming off a 7-6 season and lackluster recruiting class would decide to hang it up. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY could've possibly seen this coming. You are a prognosticator equalled only by the great Nostradamus. Women will throw themselves upon you and we will sing songs of your glory.

'Little off," my azz.

Good job predicting a 70 year old coach coming off a 7-6 season and lackluster recruiting class would decide to hang it up. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY could've possibly seen this coming. You are a prognosticator equalled only by the great Nostradamus. Women will throw themselves upon you and we will sing songs of your glory.

Bobby Bowden (Age 80) & JoePa (Age 84) believed they were just getting started at 70.

Every indication was that Spurrier would coach several more years. Said he was healthy and loved to coach.

There was ZERO indication of his retirement. NONE.

But of course, mock the one who nailed it and say it was inaccurate and a little off.

'Little off," my azz.

Bobby Bowden (Age 80) & JoePa (Age 84) believed they were just getting started at 70.

Every indication was that Spurrier would coach several more years. Said he was healthy and loved to coach.

But of course, mock the one who nailed it and say it was inaccurate and a little off.

Reading comprehension struggles... I said " I normally love your posts but you're a little off here, viper" in response to your defensive reply to tiger88. Not the accuracy or inaccuracy of your savant prediction.

'Little off," my azz.

Zero, huh? Lol.

link

He had more than one talk with the AD in the off season about wanting to retire, but was talked out of it. Not to mention that a large portion of the fanbase is ready to move on. He had planned on coaching longer, but is burnt like toast. Wouldn't be shocked to see him pop somewhere, probably not coaching, but who knows.

But hey, keep patting yourself on the back if that works for you.

'Little off," my azz.

Reading comprehension struggles... I said " I normally love your posts but you're a little off here, viper" in response to your defensive reply to tiger88. Not the accuracy or inaccuracy of your savant prediction.

So I was a "little off" because you didn't love my post, NOT because it was inaccurate.

Got it.

Archived