Week 2 SEC Schedule

RunInRed

LSU-Miss St for me. On another note, with all the TV money floating around, can't the networks encourage teams to spread the OOC pitiful matchups around so there is something decent for them to show every Saturday?

SC and KY, mostly because we play KY later in the year.

Tenn and Oklahoma is an intriguing matchup.

And, of course, our next 2 opponents: LSU @MSU.

Same for me. I'd rank it as follows, with most interesting first:

1. LSU @ Miss State

2. UK @ USC

3. OU @ UTk

LSU-Miss St for me. On another note, with all the TV money floating around, can't the networks encourage teams to spread the OOC pitiful matchups around so there is something decent for them to show every Saturday?

THIS.

LSU miss st. Miss st has two starters from my home town and I watch them every chance I get. Also okl and ut. Let's see who's legit and who's not

Most of these games are real stinkers, so the only matchups outside of AU I'm interested in are Oklahoma@Tennessee, LSU@MSU and Kentucky@USCe. Of those, I guess I'm most interested in LSU@MSU because it's an SEC West game.

I'm interested in the Sooners@Vols mostly because I think UT is getting better and because of Stoops' reputation for not meeting pre-season expectations. (Chokelahoma, man!) And UK@USCe I'm interested in because I've really come to like Spurrier and I want to see if the Gamecocks look better in game two than they did in game one. Hope so, 'cause I want Spurrier to go out on a winning season and despite what he says, I'm not so sure he'll decide to come back for another year.

The LSU/Miss St game for me. Both of these teams came into the season as question marks. LSU is predicted by some to be a darkhorse National Championship contender and Miss State is predicted to fall flat. I am curious if either of these two will fit the predictions given to them or if they will both be somewhere in between. Add in the added mystery with LSU not playing a tune-up game due to weather while Miss state has provided some film to LSU with their win last week. Intriguing!

LSU/Miss State is the correct answer here. An important SEC West matchup and Auburn's next two opponents.

Spoken like a true Pythagorean. Some of us might allow that there could be more than one correct answer to the question in the OP.

:poke:

LSU/Miss State is the correct answer here. An important SEC West matchup and Auburn's next two opponents.

Spoken like a true Pythagorean. Some of us might allow that there could be more than one correct answer to the question in the OP.

It is the only game that has a direct and immediate impact on Auburn. There are certainly other intriguing matchups, but I don't see how they could trump this one. :dunno:

It is the only game that has a direct and immediate impact on Auburn. There are certainly other intriguing matchups, but I don't see how they could trump this one. :dunno:

LOL. I agree -- it's the one that interests me most, too.

But I could imagine someone being more interested in other games for various reasons (e.g., I'm buddies with Jake Coker; my wife is a Kentucky grad, and I follow them as my second team since there's no real conflict with Auburn; I went to UTk for grad school; etc.).

The question in the OP just asks which one interests you most, not which one has the most bearing on Auburn. The two overlap for me. But I could imagine others might have their own reasons for being interested in other games more. So, I wouldn't go so far as to say there is such a thing as "the correct answer" here ... unless I were a true Pythagorean.

ETA: I could've given golf, with his Lobos loyalty, as another example.

LSU miss st. Miss st has two starters from my home town and I watch them every chance I get. Also okl and ut. Let's see who's legit and who's not

Cole, who do you see getting the W?

I really don't know. I wish I could have seen LSU play. But miss st didn't look good at all so I'm going to go with LSU

Agree. State lost a ton of starters. Not sure D Prescott will have enough help on the offense. IF lsWHO can form a passing game, they could win big.

Oregon and Michigan State will get the dominoes rolling. Michigan State can't afford to lose....definitely with their team having to play Ohio State later on in the year.

I really don't know. I wish I could have seen LSU play. But miss st didn't look good at all so I'm going to go with LSU

Agree. State lost a ton of starters. Not sure D Prescott will have enough help on the offense. IF lsWHO can form a passing game, they could win big.

Yep. The hard part about this game is not having seen LSU play, yet. I went to the LSU game last season, so that is the image of them with Harris starting that is very vivid in my mind. I still went with LSU on TD Auburn Bowl, though.

Archived