2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

If Evans take an official visit to AU I think he get's an AU offer. And I think AU will get Bentley.

Are we deliberately trying to scare off Narcisse?

No. AU has just one QB now and has to sure up the position. And these kids see what can happen. LSU has not given up on Narcisse but Narcisse is close to the AU staff and will most likely be the only QB taken in 2017.

But you just said that you think we will get Bentley. And I was more so talking about us raiding the Juco colleges for QBs rather than sticking with our high school players.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One in the hand, two in the bush, yadda yadda. Also, I don't see how a 2016 juco guy affects a 2017 high school guy.

I don't even want to know what you're talking about.

If Evans take an official visit to AU I think he get's an AU offer. And I think AU will get Bentley.

No. AU has just one QB now and has to sure up the position. And these kids see what can happen. LSU has not given up on Narcisse but Narcisse is close to the AU staff and will most likely be the only QB taken in 2017.

But you just said that you think we will get Bentley. And I was more so talking about us raiding the Juco colleges for QBs rather than sticking with our high school players.

I don't know if AU is going to offer Evans but I do think AU will land Bentley. IF Evans is brought in for an official then I think he will get an offer. And if AU does bring Evans in for an official it will be late January. Didn't mean to be confusing.

I am one of the ones who has been in the SW camp but that does not mean I don't recognize the potential that JJ has. For now SW has earned the right to be the starter but the light could still come on for JJ. With the Queen surgery we do need to look at other QB's including Juco but please don't discount JJ. I don't see JJ becoming starter again this year unless SW is hurt or suddenly forgets how to play QB (I don't expect him to forget how to play QB) but every player on the field can be hurt so you need depth.

No one knows what will come from TQs injury. If JJ never regains starting spot, he may elect to transfer. Too many variables in QB recruiting to not get the right numbers.

I don't know if AU is going to offer Evans but I do think AU will land Bentley. IF Evans is brought in for an official then I think he will get an offer. And if AU does bring Evans in for an official it will be late January. Didn't mean to be confusing.

So just to clarify, you believe Narcisse is the only qb we take next year, but you also believe that we more than likely land Bentley? Do I have that right?

So just to clarify, you believe Narcisse is the only qb we take next year, but you also believe that we more than likely land Bentley? Do I have that right?

Yes, I am confused too. Narcisse and Bentley are both QBs in the '17 class.

Yes, I am confused too. Narcisse and Bentley are both QBs in the '17 class.

That is where I was getting at earlier...

I really hope we get Bentley...

I'm not trying to talk negatively about any of our commits, but we have Barrett and Narcisse committed. Neither one of them are very polished passing the ball. And this year proves, you have to be able to throw it in this league.

Sean White is more than capable of running this offense. He can run the read, and he also has enough escapability to make things happen with his legs. But obviously, his strength is throwing the football.

I just don't want to load up on a bunch of athletes at the QB spot... that can't throw the ball.

Nick Marshall was very undervalued as a passer, and Cam was a great passer. My point is, you can't just be a one trick pony. Those guys were unbelievable athletes, but they could get it done through the air.

Now, Bentley is very athletic himself, but his strength is his arm. I think he would be more valuable than the two we have committed.

Jared Evans... different story. This kid is crazy good. His pluses are - he's already developed, would be an instant impact guy, can throw it, and can run it. If the staff wants him, sign him up!

I really hope we get Bentley...

I'm not trying to talk negatively about any of our commits, but we have Barrett and Narcisse committed. Neither one of them are very polished passing the ball. And this year proves, you have to be able to throw it in this league.

Sean White is more than capable of running this offense. He can run the read, and he also has enough escapability to make things happen with his legs. But obviously, his strength is throwing the football.

I just don't want to load up on a bunch of athletes at the QB spot... that can't throw the ball.

Nick Marshall was very undervalued as a passer, and Cam was a great passer. My point is, you can't just be a one trick pony. Those guys were unbelievable athletes, but they could get it done through the air.

Now, Bentley is very athletic himself, but his strength is his arm. I think he would be more valuable than the two we have committed.

Jared Evans... different story. This kid is crazy good. His pluses are - he's already developed, would be an instant impact guy, can throw it, and can run it. If the staff wants him, sign him up!

Is it even possible to have too many QB recruit commits? That position is so important and unpredictable that I would think it would be best practice to have at least 4 on a roster at any given point in time.

With the way Sean has been performing, I can't see the coaches getting serious about a JuCo QB. As has been stated many times in the past, you don't recruit a JuCo QB for them to ride the bench. If they are good enough to make a difference, they come because they know they are going to get to play. I can see AU going for a pair of solid high school QBs, to shore up depth with Queen's injury and JJs issues, but I think Sean will be too far along, by the end of the season, to even consider replacing him.

With the way Sean has been performing, I can't see the coaches getting serious about a JuCo QB. As has been stated many times in the past, you don't recruit a JuCo QB for them to ride the bench. If they are good enough to make a difference, they come because they know they are going to get to play. I can see AU going for a pair of solid high school QBs, to shore up depth with Queen's injury and JJs issues, but I think Sean will be too far along, by the end of the season, to even consider replacing him.

Did you also think we were in good hands with Barrett Trotter before the 2010 season when Cam was out there? Seriously though, with our situation at QB and if you want to win Championships now, we need a game changer at QB, and Jerod Evans looks special. Offer him and see what he can do in this offense. SW has heart and determination, but is limited athletically. I would say a little better than Barrett Trotter. But, I think the staff is highly interested in Jerod Evans, and it's not for him to ride the bench next year if he comes here...

Did you also think we were in good hands with Barrett Trotter before the 2010 season when Cam was out there? Seriously though, with our situation at QB and if you want to win Championships now, we need a game changer at QB, and Jerod Evans looks special. Offer him and see what he can do in this offense. SW has heart and determination, but is limited athletically. I would say a little better than Barrett Trotter. But, I think the staff is highly interested in Jerod Evans, and it's not for him to ride the bench next year if he comes here...

Seriously? You're going to compare Sean to Trotter? Oh, wait, I forgot that you were the one of the delusional ones who think we can't win without a Dual-Threat QB and are blind to what Sean has done on the field as a Red Shirt Freshman with only 3 starts under his belt. No point in arguing with someone who has already made a decision despite any evidence to the contrary.

Seriously? You're going to compare Sean to Trotter? Oh, wait, I forgot that you were the one of the delusional ones who think we can't win without a Dual-Threat QB and are blind to what Sean has done on the field as a Red Shirt Freshman with only 3 starts under his belt. No point in arguing with someone who has already made a decision despite any evidence to the contrary.

Yep. No point in discussing facts with people who are set on certain QBs. I'll take the QBs that have won us championships in the past 5 years, ahem Cam and Nick, and you can take your serviceable QBs. Again, if SW was the man for the next three years, why look at juco QBs in the first place? Again, I'll take the dual-threat QBs who have won us championships, you take your game-managers....

Also, reading comprehension should be a requirement for some of you. I said SW was a little better than Barrett Trotter. I didn't say SW was worse or even to Barrett Trotter. And yes, I watch SW, he's a serviceable QB, nothing wrong with that, but he's not a game-changer, but I guess I am blind to that as well...

Yep. No point in discussing facts with people who are set on certain QBs. I'll take the QBs that have won us championships in the past 5 years, ahem Cam and Nick, and you can take your serviceable QBs. Again, if SW was the man for the next three years, why look at juco QBs in the first place? Again, I'll take the dual-threat QBs who have won us championships, you take your game-managers....

You are fallaciously assuming that the next dual threat QB we sign will send us to the NC. On top of that, we have one committed in Woody Barrett. Is he not good enough? Secondly, you are assuming that only DT qbs will send us to the NC game. And that is more absurd than your first statement. Third, there are more than two types of QBs, and those two types are not necessarily exclusive. I suppose there could be an elusive game manager just as well as a statue game manager. Edit- And I don't think we really need a "game changer" to win. We need a qb that can move the sticks and that will put points on the board, either directly, or indirectly.

I think anyone would take another Cam if there was one... but there isn't, and if there is, there's a great chance he didn't end up in JuCo. He would more likely be developed in a program that is willing to play a guy for 3-4 years.

As for Nick. He didn't take us to a National Championship, Greg Robinson and Tre Mason did. How could that be, you say? Look at our numbers between 2013 and 2014. See the extra 1200 yards rushing we had... the difference... no Robinson or Mason. Nick was there both seasons. Robinson gets most of the credit because both Nick and Grant had over 300 more yards a piece in 2013 than they did in 2014. That's the value of better line play. Nick was a game manager with solid feet and a serviceable arm. (Jeff's "elusive game manager")

As for White being a game changer... he's started THREE GAMES in college.... THREE. Cam wasn't a game changer at Auburn until his fourth game, and he had won a JoCo National Championship. If you were the coach when Cam was here, you would have started looking for his replacement before he had a chance to show what he could really do.

You are fallaciously assuming that the next dual threat QB we sign will send us to the NC. On top of that, we have one committed in Woody Barrett. Is he not good enough? Secondly, you are assuming that only DT QBS will send us to the NC game. And that is more absurd than your first statement. Third, there are more than two types of QBs, and those two types are not necessarily exclusive. I suppose there could be an elusive game manager just as well as a statue game manager.

First of all, I am going off from Gus' offense since he's been with Auburn, which is 6 seasons now, good enough to start making assumptions and predicting what kind of QB can make his offense go from good to nearly unstoppable. Secondly, I know we have a dual-threat QB signed out of high school right now, but he won't be ready until a couple of years, hence why a DT Juco QB is being sought after by our staff. And third, I know there are more than two types of QBs, but thanks for the reminder (sarcasm). I am basing the QBs off of what kind of Gus runs and what has won us championships in the past. And it is also obvious that our QB needs to be a DT to make us competitive in the big games, such as UAT, LSU, UGA, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, etc. Sorry that facts get in the way with you, and also stop putting words into my mouth. I know there are a bunch of types of QBs that can win championships in a lot of places. However, our defense is still porous, and our offense is average at best. So, yes, here at AUBURN and watching Gus' offenses over the past 6 years, his offense becomes potent with a DT QB, especially with the zone-read. I ask again. Put SW in 2010 or 2013, do we win the SEC? Or even last year, do we go head to head with UAT? Last year, only 2 games were the offenses fault, MSU and UGA, other than that, having no defense is what lost us those games, where we scored over 30 in those 3 losses. But, I digress. I look at facts and see how much our offense changes and how successful we are with a DT QB running our offense...

Also, reading comprehension should be a requirement for some of you. I said SW was a little better than Barrett Trotter. I didn't say SW was worse or even to Barrett Trotter. And yes, I watch SW, he's a serviceable QB, nothing wrong with that, but he's not a game-changer, but I guess I am blind to that as well...

Just remember he is a redshirt freshman. The ceiling for SW is huge and by the time he leaves AU he will own many passing records. He's the smartest QB we have had at AU in many years. Understands the total offense and does not get you beat with turnovers.

You are fallaciously assuming that the next dual threat QB we sign will send us to the NC. On top of that, we have one committed in Woody Barrett. Is he not good enough? Secondly, you are assuming that only DT QBS will send us to the NC game. And that is more absurd than your first statement. Third, there are more than two types of QBs, and those two types are not necessarily exclusive. I suppose there could be an elusive game manager just as well as a statue game manager.

First of all, I am going off from Gus' offense since he's been with Auburn, which is 6 seasons now, good enough to start making assumptions and predicting what kind of QB can make his offense go from good to nearly unstoppable. Secondly, I know we have a dual-threat QB signed out of high school right now, but he won't be ready until a couple of years, hence why a DT Juco QB is being sought after by our staff. And third, I know there are more than two types of QBs, but thanks for the reminder (sarcasm). I am basing the QBs off of what kind of Gus runs and what has won us championships in the past. And it is also obvious that our QB needs to be a DT to make us competitive in the big games, such as UAT, LSU, UGA, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, etc. Sorry that facts get in the way with you, and also stop putting words into my mouth. I know there are a bunch of types of QBs that can win championships in a lot of places. However, our defense is still porous, and our offense is average at best. So, yes, here at AUBURN and watching Gus' offenses over the past 6 years, his offense becomes potent with a DT QB, especially with the zone-read. I ask again. Put SW in 2010 or 2013, do we win the SEC? Or even last year, do we go head to head with UAT? Last year, only 2 games were the offenses fault, MSU and UGA, other than that, having no defense is what lost us those games, where we scored over 30 in those 3 losses. But, I digress. I look at facts and see how much our offense changes and how successful we are with a DT QB running our offense...

1.No you can't. Because there is always that Kiehl Frazier out there that will fail even though he can run fast in a straight line....

2. No it is not. There is nothing at all obvious about it.

You are basing all these judgements of off two freaking years man. No thanks for breaking the internet.

Just remember he is a redshirt freshman. The ceiling for SW is huge and by the time he leaves AU he will own many passing records. He's the smartest QB we have had at AU in many years. Understands the total offense and does not get you beat with turnovers.

Sean White is heads and shoulders better than Barrett Trotter ever was. Trotter was not very good. Sean was the freaking Elite 11 MVP. He was heavily recruited for good reason. If my memory serves me, Trotters only other D1 offer besides Auburn, was UAB! That's right, we stole Barrett Trotter from UAB! He had no business being a QB at AU...

JMO but I think an offer to a JUCO is a waste of a scholly. We have a young QB that has barely seen playing time but appears to have a good upside and someone is thinking of putting him (and JJ) on the bench for a year or two....basically writing off SW before we even see what he can do. We have a good commit now and two good HS prospects for 2017....just makes no sense to muddy the water with a JUCO and best I know, Queen is still in the picture after his surgery.

Bring in a Juco and IMO you can forget about Bentley and Narcisse.......basically would be sending a message that AU coaches don't have patience to develop their young players.....just do a Kansas State and shop the Juco's every year and have a mercenary squad of one and two year players.

And as for Cam comparisons...Cam was a 5* and UF player so there was never a question about his ability. Why is Evans playing at some nowhere-ville JUCO and what had he done before he got there that caused him to end up in purgatory?

Whoa Tonto, Sean has shown a lot to impress but that includes a loss to Miss St and beating San Jose St at home and squeaking out a win against UK. To say we shouldn't look at JUCOs because he looks like he might become real good would be a disservice to the fans and the team. If he's that good, let him fight it out and win the position. And that applies to JUCOs too.

Archived