2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

I don't know if AU is going to offer Evans but I do think AU will land Bentley. IF Evans is brought in for an official then I think he will get an offer. And if AU does bring Evans in for an official it will be late January. Didn't mean to be confusing.

So just to clarify, you believe Narcisse is the only qb we take next year, but you also believe that we more than likely land Bentley? Do I have that right?

Yes, I am confused too. Narcisse and Bentley are both QBs in the '17 class.

I got confused. Sorry. But I do think Bentley will be AU.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BREAKING: Cal is the first P5 offer 4 TVCC QB Jérod Evans. More will follow. Game is real.

@GPowers79

It was only a matter of time, but it now looks like the offer floodgates are about to open for Trinity Valley quarterback Jérod Evans. The first P5 offer came in today from Cal...

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1601469-cal-first-p5-offer-qb-jrod-evans

Cal must like his passing enough to run their Air Raid. I could be wrong, but I feel like they pass it wayyyy more than they run

Also, reading comprehension should be a requirement for some of you. I said SW was a little better than Barrett Trotter. I didn't say SW was worse or even to Barrett Trotter. And yes, I watch SW, he's a serviceable QB, nothing wrong with that, but he's not a game-changer, but I guess I am blind to that as well...

Just remember he is a redshirt freshman. The ceiling for SW is huge and by the time he leaves AU he will own many passing records. He's the smartest QB we have had at AU in many years. Understands the total offense and does not get you beat with turnovers.

Man where do you guys get this stuff?

Just repeating what Tom Luginbill of ESPN said on the radio 2 weeks ago. He is high on Sean and thinks he can become a tremendous QB because of his intelligence, accuracy and arm strength.

Tinman, I agree about his potential, but its a bit early to say that he will own many passing records when he has only played two collegiate games. Maybe pause that thought until the end of the season.

You're right, but as depressed as I've been over this football season I have to find something to feel good about! :Sing:

I'm just saying smartest qb we've had in years....passing records....don't turn the ball over...He has to show and earn stuff

I'm just saying smartest qb we've had in years....passing records....don't turn the ball over...He has to show and earn stuff

Agree. But he has 3 1/2 more years to do it. And Gus has said he understands and can handle the entire playbook. JJ, Nick, and even Cam weren't able do that. I'm being extremely optimistic but I like what I see so far.

Where do you get they couldn't handle the playbook? And yes Gus said that then the very game he played said he has to manage how much to give SW to handle then the very next game he only let's him pass ten times and even the game after that took the ball out of his hands in the redzone after SW threw the ball that should have been picked off. He may turn out to be great but you should let him throw a td pass before he becomes the greatest qb in history

Agree. But he has 3 1/2 more years to do it. And Gus has said he understands and can handle the entire playbook. JJ, Nick, and even Cam weren't able do that. I'm being extremely optimistic but I like what I see so far.

Handling our playbook has never been an issue for any of our QBs. It's one of the simplest playbooks in college. It's 6-10 plays from numerous formations.

If you want a cautionary tale about QB recruiting look across the state. They have loaded up on studs according to the recruiting services since Saban has been there and look who they started the past two years-a running back and a transfer. I'm all for signing two good ones every year.

We're selling out to get "running" quarterbacks... I don't get it. Franklin is definitely not a passer.

So you're basically telling WR recruits, "come to AU and be a perimeter blocker"! No chance for stats, no chance for the NFL!

I see this working out well for us...

I hope Sean White shoves it right up Rhett's panic button!

We're selling out to get "running" quarterbacks... I don't get it. Franklin is definitely not a passer.

So you're basically telling WR recruits, "come to AU and be a perimeter blocker"! No chance for stats, no chance for the NFL!

I see this working out well for us...

I hope Sean White shoves it right up Rhett's panic button!

We are already slipping with Stove. The only true sell is that we consistantly need a deep threat guy.

Some of you played NCAA waaay too much. Just because a guy can run doesn't mean he can't throw...I'm not saying if this guy can or not but damn....

I mean... Am I wrong?

If you were a 5 star wide receiver, would you want to sign with a school that throws it under 10 times a game?

Some of you played NCAA waaay too much. Just because a guy can run doesn't mean he can't throw...I'm not saying if this guy can or not but damn....

But I think we've learned that if he can't throw when he gets here, he is not likely to learn how to throw afterward.

With JJ and SW it looked like AU was recruiting QBs to establish a serious passing game...and some good WRs were getting on board with that. If we appear to be shifting gears now, I agree with the earlier comment.....some of the elite WRs that have been looking our way are likely to change their minds....and who can blame them ?.

Why are we saying this guy can't throw? What'd I miss?

Because he can run

LOL. Is he black, too?

:big:

Don't start that please

You (and cole) know I was joking, I assume.

Yep.

BTW,do you ever sleep, cole?

Sometimes I have 12 hour night shifts

Yeah, I was just joshin'. I don't get to sleep as much as I'd like, either.

Archived