2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

Why are we saying this guy can't throw? What'd I miss?

Because he can run

LOL. Is he black, too?

:big:

Don't start that please

You (and cole) know I was joking, I assume.

Yes but we have just a few members who will not. We always do....................

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we saying this guy can't throw? What'd I miss?

Because he can run

LOL. Is he black, too?

:big:

Don't start that please

You (and cole) know I was joking, I assume.

Yes but we have just a few members who will not. We always do....................

Sad, but true. I deleted my original post. Not that you need my permission, but feel free to delete the others, too.

Yep.

BTW,do you ever sleep, cole?

Sometimes I have 12 hour night shifts

Yeah, I was just joshin'. I don't get to sleep as much as I'd like, either.

Yeah that's when I get my best football in lol

Yep.

LOL -- shouldn't you be, like, watching the reactor or something?

:homer: Doh!

Yep.

:homer:/> Doh!

Nope I'm in training...Then it's like 4 or 5 more years of training before I'm in charge of watching the reactor

Yep.

:homer:/> Doh!

Nope I'm in training...Then it's like 4 or 5 more years of training before I'm in charge of watching the reactor

Whew! That's a relief.

:poke:

My complete unsubstantiated guesstimated belief is this kid is being recruited as a "back up plan" to Tyler Queens surgically repaired arm/shoulder. Not anything to do with the other qb's. The fact he is "athletic" gives him value at other possible positions if needed. Just food for thought.

My complete unsubstantiated guesstimated belief is this kid is being recruited as a "back up plan" to Tyler Queens surgically repaired arm/shoulder. Not anything to do with the other qb's. The fact he is "athletic" gives him value at other possible positions if needed. Just food for thought.

Interesting. I've investigated the probabiility of success from Tommy John surgery and have found it ranges from about 85% (from a MLB pitcher who had a successful procedure blogging on Andrews Sports Medicine site) to 95% in an interview with Dr. Andrews. So Tyler's chances of a complete recovery are very good. Plus, many athletes try to get the procedure when they don't really need it because it's viewed as a performance enhancement. Dr. Andrews says the performance improvement is from the rehab process, but one has to think that a tendon woven into a figure 8 would be pretty strong.

Fyi, we're talking to a 3* DT QB currently committed to SMU. David Moore, 6'2 170 out of Milton in Alpharetta (Lawson's and Barber's school). I was about to say that I'm trying hard not to smell the desperation that reeks of, but then I watched his midseason senior highlights. Dude actually has good mechanics and steps into his throws even when he's about to get rocked. Very mobile and seems to have adequate arm strength and accuracy. Keep an eye on this one.

Interesting. I've investigated the probabiility of success from Tommy John surgery and have found it ranges from about 85% (from a MLB pitcher who had a successful procedure blogging on Andrews Sports Medicine site) to 95% in an interview with Dr. Andrews. So Tyler's chances of a complete recovery are very good. Plus, many athletes try to get the procedure when they don't really need it because it's viewed as a performance enhancement. Dr. Andrews says the performance improvement is from the rehab process, but one has to think that a tendon woven into a figure 8 would be pretty strong.

Maybe the staff just isn't sold on Queen being the answer down the road. They also tried to sign another QB in last year's class along with him but couldn't do it. I think this has more to do with recruiting over Queen because of ability rather than his injury. Although, his injury probably puts more urgency on the staff to get another QB in here. Just a thought, though.

Fyi, we're talking to a 3* DT QB currently committed to SMU. David Moore, 6'2 170 out of Milton in Alpharetta (Lawson's and Barber's school). I was about to say that I'm trying hard not to smell the desperation that reeks of, but then I watched his midseason senior highlights. Dude actually has good mechanics and steps into his throws even when he's about to get rocked. Very mobile and seems to have adequate arm strength and accuracy. Keep an eye on this one.

Chad Morris LOVES this kid. I'm also told AU is about to offer Evans. I'm a little confused about the QB recruiting right now.

Chad Morris LOVES this kid. I'm also told AU is about to offer Evans. I'm a little confused about the QB recruiting right now.

I think a lot of us are confused, about a lot of our recruiting this year. QB for sure, DL and LB recruiting, OL recruiting, I could go on.

I'm a little confused about the QB recruiting right now.

Gus is about to roll out his next genius offense. Every skill player on offense will be a QB, so there will be a threat that any one of them can stop and throw on any play.

I'm a little confused about the QB recruiting right now.

Gus is about to roll out his next genius offense. Every skill player on offense will be a QB, so there will be a threat that any one of them can stop and throw on any play.

Right. My sources have told me he's ditching the dual-threat QB for a more multi-threat QB concept. Y'all heard it here first. (lionheart, I thought we weren't supposed to tell anyone! :dunno: )

A QB who can run, kick, throw, block, and tackle possibly on the same play if needed. ;)

I don't know if Queen can kick, but dude looks like he could moonlight at fullback and/or linebacker.

I really like Jerod Evans. He puts the team on his back. His numbers have been unreal. Best game so far has been 8tds and 0 INTs.. WOW!

Is Auburn recruiting him?

Jerod Evans was informed by Rhett Lashlee that we are not taking any JUCO QB's in this class.

Then that would imply JFIII is being recruited as an ATH and not a QB unless CRL lied to Evans.

Jerod Evans was informed by Rhett Lashlee that we are not taking any JUCO QB's in this class.

Then that would imply JFIII is being recruited as an ATH and not a QB unless CRL lied to Evans.

Correct. I for one am not impressed with Franklin as an ATH and I hope he's not apart of this class. We have more important needs and better talent still on the board. I'm tired of us signing "ATH's" and trying to make them "WR's". We need true "WR's" in this class.

JF is just barely a QB IMO...primarily a 4th running back for his team....with very modest passing stats. Classed as an "athlete" which means we will turn him into a WR which seems to be a favorite move by AU with the quasi-QBs we sign.

He's a QB alright. A Wildcat QB. Just what you need for the position. Elusive, speedy and able to pass if needed. A great combination of skills for the role IMO.

Archived