2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

Neither the signing of JF III nor not offering Evans make a lick of sense to me. Lashley told him we are not taking any juco qbs this year....and just why the hell not??!! Looking at next year, JJ has proven he is not capable of playing at this level, queen is hurt (and I don't believe the answer regardless), and Woody Barrett will be a true freshman, meaning we are going to be putting all our eggs in the basket of Sean White. Don't get me wrong, Sean has looked pretty darn good, but two things: 1.) he is not an elite duel threat qb, which is what we need to make the offense the best it can be 2.) haven't we learned our lesson already about putting all your eggs in one basket from the JJ fiasco this year. Gus and Lashley should be mking EVERY effort to sign all the grat qb's they can for RIGHT NOW as I can promise you, one more year of the crap we've seen this year and they are gone. Go sign Evans and let him and White battle to the death over the b spot next year.

Signing JF III makes no sense. Sorry people can't see that. He wasn't even the starting q on his own juco team...let that sink in for a minute. If we are bring him in for receiver, that's just dumb...sign true receivers, I'm tired of this mix and match stuff. Finally, he is being brought in for wildcat, don't we already have KJ and JS to run that? Just saying...seems like a waisted scholly when he have big needs at DL, DE, LB, and TE.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember what many said about Marshall playing qb so.....And this coaching staff would REALLY be not so smart of they contacted Evans and told him that

....And this coaching staff would REALLY be not so smart of they contacted Evans and told him that

I have to agree with cole! What a day, huh? To anybody that believes that any AU coach contacted a top JUCO QB and told him we aren't taking any JUCO QBs this year, I've got some beachfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell to you.

....And this coaching staff would REALLY be not so smart of they contacted Evans and told him that

I have to agree with cole! What a day, huh? To anybody that believes that any AU coach contacted a top JUCO QB and told him we aren't taking any JUCO QBs this year, I've got some beachfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell to you.

I bet you guys agree more often than you think. And FWIW, I agree with both of you here.

I'd be tickled if we signed the Evans kid. He looks really good to me.

TQ will surprise a lot of folks before he leaves AU. It is understandable if you have never seen him play.

That all hinges on how he heals up from his surgery.

I bet you guys agree more often than you think. And FWIW, I agree with both of you here.

I'd be tickled if we signed the Evans kid. He looks really good to me.

+1

Call JF a QB if you want but I hope the coaches don't waste a year or so of his eligibility before deciding to convert him to something else where he can get on the field. Wildcat.....sure that's fine and put him in there with Roc and Kerryon to take direct snaps....could do that right away I guess.....but to manage a Gus passing game....I have my doubts

And please someone don't come back with that inane reply of "Nick M says hello" 'cause I can pretty quickly find the names of a dozen guys who frittered away valuable time in a fruitless attempt to play big time QB when they should have been DBs or WRs.

Call JF a QB if you want but I hope the coaches don't waste a year or so of his eligibility before deciding to convert him to something else where he can get on the field. Wildcat.....sure that's fine and put him in there with Roc and Kerryon to take direct snaps....could do that right away I guess.....but to manage a Gus passing game....I have my doubts

And please someone don't come back with that inane reply of "Nick M says hello" 'cause I can pretty quickly find the names of a dozen guys who frittered away valuable time in a fruitless attempt to play big time QB when they should have been DBs or WRs.

My views have aligned with yours on this subject and you have been refreshingly consistent with them throughout this thread.

You want options we have options SW, JJ, TQ, WB & Franklin. I am sure the coaches have been talking with the Doctors and feel very confidant about TQ. SW has shown he has talent and with more PT should keep getting better. WB as a freshmen will be a work in progress but appears to be a DT type player and Franklin will be given a chance at QB to be an NM type QB as an EE we should know by end of spring if he can be the NM type player or if he should switch positions.

I have not forgotten JJ I am sure coaches have been talking with him to determine if he will be here next year if so they still think he can be a player if not then they will probably look at another Juco QB. This is my opinion not based on inside knowledge but based on trust that I have with this coaching staff unlike many of the Chicken Little's I don't think the sky is falling but that we have just hit a rough patch of road that we will ride out.

Jerod Evans was informed by Rhett Lashlee that we are not taking any JUCO QB's in this class.

Then that would imply JFIII is being recruited as an ATH and not a QB unless CRL lied to Evans.

Correct. I for one am not impressed with Franklin as an ATH

You don't like 10.5/100 explosive speed?...ok #HeadScratcher

Guys scoff all you want but we are indeed not signing a juco QB for this class. It looks like the staff believes in Sean White going forward. We are signing JF3 as an ATH. He will get a shot @ QB like Jason Smith did and may actually stick there even as a non starter if JJ decides to leave. If he does & Sean were to get hurt the staff does not want to leave the rest of 2016 to a QB coming off Tommy John surgery & a true frosh.

It is hard to imagine bringing JF3 as a QB when it clearly said he was second string QB at JUCO. If he wasn't good enough to start there, then why would he be coming to AU to start.

I'm definitely scoffing. And if the season were to end today there would be an open battle at qb from everybody, but we still have some games to play to see

Lock down a juco qb recruiting thread because you don't agree of the qb that's being recruited.....that's hilarious

Still think they should offer Evans unless the competition is pathetic. Seems like he's getting it done.

I agree on the surface it seems Evans is the better of the two (Evans/Franklin)

Which would mean that Evans will probably want to go somewhere where he's not competing against Sean White for the position.

I'm definitely scoffing. And if the season were to end today there would be an open battle at qb from everybody, but we still have some games to play to see

The just can't see it, can they Cole. The guy is coming here for one reason.

Still think they should offer Evans unless the competition is pathetic. Seems like he's getting it done.

I agree on the surface it seems Evans is the better of the two (Evans/Franklin)

Which would mean that Evans will probably want to go somewhere where he's not competing against Sean White for the position.

What you guys don't understand that while many of you think SW is without flaws no prospect would look at his play and think I could never beat this guy out. SW hasn't had a performance where anybody is thinking oh man I'll never see the field...it would be just the opposite. I just don't know where some of your heads is at or if you can't look at things objectively. What qb is really going to look at a qb with 1 td in four games and be scared???? Why would you think that? I know damn well I wouldn't

What you guys don't understand that while many of you think SW is without flaws no prospect would look at his play and think I could never beat this guy out. SW hasn't had a performance where anybody is thinking oh man I'll never see the field...it would be just the opposite. I just don't know where some of your heads is at or if you can't look at things objectively. What qb is really going to look at a qb with 1 td in four games and be scared???? Why would you think that? I know damn well I wouldn't

I don't know why you are so stuck on the whole 1 touchdown thing... That has EVERYTHING to do with play calling and NOTHING to do with how good of a QB he is. Since Gus turned Sean lose, he's average 256 yards per game. If he would have had the entire season, and kept that pace, he would have the #2 single season passing record at Auburn, only surpassed by Craig. If the receivers could actually catch the ball, he would eclipse Craig. And, once again, you need reminded... he's a redshirt freshman, which means there's very little chance that he is as good as he will be.

Back to the point I was making about Evans. The majority of top tier JUCO QBs choose a school that, truthfully or not, tells them they will have the starting job. If I'm a QB with half a brain, I would look at a freshman averaging 256 yards even after that many drops, who's already had 2 years in the system, and think that I'd rather not take the risk of riding the pine when there are plenty of teams that have mediocre QBs or QBs who are going to graduate and want my services.

Why do you think the coaches signed a back-up JUCO QB? Because he knows he's not going to be a star QB for any program when he can't even make first team on his JUCO squad, but he will get the chance to play at AU, because we have the wildcat and are known for re-purposing talented athletes who played QB but aren't good enough to start.

Archived