Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may not have time for a pick 'em game as fast as some of these hires may happen

There will be more openings to come yet.

The title of the thread should be coaching dominoes ....that will require some real football knowledge to pick the guys who will fill the jobs of coaches like Fuentes who move up to the next level.

-Iowa State hired Toledo HC Matt Campbell as their next HC.

-Tulane HC Curtis Johnson got fired yesterday.

-Illinois decided to keep Bill Cubit as their HC.

-Iowa State hired Toledo HC Matt Campbell as their next HC.

-Tulane HC Curtis Johnson got fired yesterday.

-Illinois decided to keep Bill Cubit as their HC.

Toledo to Iowa State...a big mistake IMO...he could have done better than that.....

Looks like Richt is out at Georgia now. Check the challenge thread pinned here in the rivals forum. Let's see how it turns out with the challenge.

After looking at your challenge post, this will be a difficult challenge. There will be so many unknown dominoes that will come into play.

Oh yes. Very difficult. Absolutely nothing is out of the question here, which makes it so difficult and challenging. I'm doubting we'll have very many high scores on this.

Just to clarify your instructions on the challenge, you would like just the name of the coach ... for example in the space where Georgia is I would just put it like below?

Kirby Smart

Looks like Richt is out at Georgia now. Check the challenge thread pinned here in the rivals forum. Let's see how it turns out with the challenge.

Done.

Just to clarify your instructions on the challenge, you would like just the name of the coach ... for example in the space where Georgia is I would just put it like below?

Kirby Smart

Yes. Just like we do the tda bowl. Just the coach for the opening in the order I have them listed.

Kirby Smart

Yes. Just like we do the tda bowl. Just the coach for the opening in the order I have them listed.

Great idea WT!! That was fun trying to match schools with potential coaches. It will be fun to watch.

Not sure where to put this question but CMR is set to coach the Dawgs bowl game does this make him less likely to be a head coach next year?

This is going to be a VERY interesting year in the coaching carousel...but it sure will be fun to watch. Especially with openings at Southern Cal and Miami, and now Georgia.

Clay Helton named the coach at USC

Interesting... I wonder what the success rate is for hiring the interim coach full time is. Guess USC wasn't up for opening the purse strings this go around.

They have been winning with him. Immediately after taking over is when they beat Utah I believe. They beat UCLA this weekend. Who knows? It may turn out well for them. I am surprised though.

They have been winning with him. Immediately after taking over is when they beat Utah I believe. They beat UCLA this weekend. Who knows? It may turn out well for them. I am surprised though.

After the Ed Orgeron mess from a couple of years ago, I think they decided on the safe choice.

Archived