Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

Strong will likely leave on his own. Saban isn't going to go to Texas. I don't know why people keep thinking that.

Wishful thinking I expect...just check he his record elsewhere against the SEC you can see why the idea of NS leaving town is just about every SEC fan and coach's bet dream. Texas this year....and where next year?....back to the NFL?

I could see him going to the NFL before Texas. But, I think he'll retire at Alabama.

College coaches just don't do well in the NFL. The last true college coach to succeed was Jimmy Johnson. Pete Carroll was in the NFL for a long time before he went to USC. Texas is a great spot if he wants to try a new challenge. I think that ship has sailed though. He's at Alabama until he retires IMO.

You are probably right....but until he is gone, coaching in the SEC....in the west in particular, is going to be a high risk job. Some very good coaches are going to lose their jobs because the can't beat Nick. Expect the coaching carousel to spin pretty fast in the conference until NS starts cashing his Social Security checks,

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong will likely leave on his own. Saban isn't going to go to Texas. I don't know why people keep thinking that.

Wishful thinking I expect...just check he his record elsewhere against the SEC you can see why the idea of NS leaving town is just about every SEC fan and coach's bet dream. Texas this year....and where next year?....back to the NFL?

I could see him going to the NFL before Texas. But, I think he'll retire at Alabama.

College coaches just don't do well in the NFL. The last true college coach to succeed was Jimmy Johnson. Pete Carroll was in the NFL for a long time before he went to USC. Texas is a great spot if he wants to try a new challenge. I think that ship has sailed though. He's at Alabama until he retires IMO.

You are probably right....but until he is gone, coaching in the SEC....in the west in particular, is going to be a high risk job. Some very good coaches are going to lose their jobs because the can't beat Nick. Expect the coaching carousel to spin pretty fast in the conference until NS starts cashing his Social Security checks,

Bingo. I suspect UAT will fall pretty far and hard at some point, but it's after the midget is gone. That's not going to be anytime soon though.

Bingo. I suspect UAT will fall pretty far and hard at some point, but it's after the midget is gone. That's not going to be anytime soon though.

I don't think he intends on coaching forever. I don't know that he'll even finish out the remainder of his contract. He's said similar things to this before but who knows. If he'd won that 3rd consecutive title in 2013 I think he would have left then.

"until NS starts cashing his Social Security checks," Nick is eligible for his SS check on October 31, 2017 without penalty. Is this a prediction on your part 64? J/K.

Saban isn't going to go to Texas. I don't know why people keep thinking that.

Because Texas has made it abundantly clear that they are willing to open up Fort Knox to get him. HUGE payday plus fed up with the bama faithful = jump ship.

Because Texas has made it abundantly clear that they are willing to open up Fork Knox to get him. HUGE payday plus fed up with the bama faithful = jump ship.

At this point in his career, and with the money he is getting at Alabama, I don't believe money will motivate him. Also, what makes you think the Texas faithful would be any better? If anything, the expectations will be higher, especially if they shell out the kind of money people think they would. At this point it's only wishful thinking among other SEC west fan bases.

Because Texas has made it abundantly clear that they are willing to open up Fork Knox to get him. HUGE payday plus fed up with the bama faithful = jump ship.

At this point in his career, and with the money he is getting at Alabama, I don't believe money will motivate him. Also, what makes you think the Texas faithful would be any better? If anything, the expectations will be higher, especially if they shell out the kind of money people think they would. At this point it's only wishful thinking among other SEC west fan bases.

Yep. Grandkid in Birmingham. Car dealership. Put down roots in Turdtown. He'll never leave.

Yep. Grandkid in Birmingham. Car dealership. Put down roots in Turdtown. He'll never leave.

I predict that if they win the natty this year, he's done at bama and goes to ESPN. I would love to see him and Spurrier face off on gameday!!

Hearing Brian Polian, Randy Shannon and Mario Cristobal are the top candidate for the UCF job. UCF wants a new coach ASAP with strong FL. recruiting ties, Yep there's rumors about WM wanting the job but nothing certain that I've heard to verify

WM would be insane to go somewhere that is not already on a decent path to succeed. Especially on offense at qb. He must be able to improve in that aspect on his second stint as hc or there won't be a third. It has to be an ideal situation.

My bad... USCe didn't hire a new head coach yet. Kirby Smart is a front runner. We'll see.

Its all good.... you had me going all over the internet to check on it. But if you do it again I will hunt you down......................... :angry:;)

My bad... USCe didn't hire a new head coach yet. Kirby Smart is a front runner. We'll see.

Its all good.... you had me going all over the internet to check on it. But if you do it again I will hunt you down......................... :angry:;)

It's not my first time. I've done that last year when USCe hired Will Muschamp. Man, USCe sources so terrrrrrible!

"until NS starts cashing his Social Security checks," Nick is eligible for his SS check on October 31, 2017 without penalty. Is this a prediction on your part 64? J/K.

Unfortunately I expect he will wait until he is 66 or so.... :no:

Also, what makes you think the Texas faithful would be any better? If anything, the expectations will be higher, especially if they shell out the kind of money people think they would. At this point it's only wishful thinking among other SEC west fan bases.

The Texas faithful may be overly demanding, but no one holds a candle when it comes to bama fans. As an Auburn fan, you have to know that they have cornered the market on stupid and crazy.

Texas fans are better than Alabama fans. As lion out it, Alabama has the market corned on crazy and stupid. Let's not forget the wife has complained about Alabama fans.

Yes there will be high expectations, but he is already use to that.

Texas will be easier to recruit than Alabama. Heck most of the time Texas's recruiting class was already filled before Summer was even over.

The media there has other sports to zero in on also that are just as important in Texas including multiple pro baseball teams, multiple pro football teams, multiple pro basketball teams, and a NHL organization. I knew plenty of people that could care less about college football and the most important thing was the Dallas Cowboys.

Do we really have to even address the quality of life in Austin vs the quality of life in Tuscaloosa?

Texas will open the books also.

Would he go now I am not sure (I think he was gone last year until Brown got involved and the administration screwed the pooch to be honest). But I can think of many reasons to leave Tuscaloosa for Austin.

Texas fans are better than Alabama fans. As lion out it, Alabama has the market corned on crazy and stupid. Let's not forget the wife has complained about Alabama fans.

Texas will be easier to recruit than Alabama. Heck most of the time Texas's recruiting class was already filled before Summer was even over.

The media there has other sports to zero in on also that are just as important in Texas including multiple pro baseball teams, multiple pro football teams, multiple pro basketball teams, and a NHL organization. I knew plenty of people that could care less about college football and the most important thing was the Dallas Cowboys.

Do we really have to even address the quality of life in Austin vs the quality of life in Tuscaloosa?

Would he go now I am not sure (I think he was gone last year until Brown got involved and the administration screwed the pooch to be honest). But I can think of many reasons to leave Tuscaloosa for Austin.

His giant ego that counters his small stature. He could become the first coach to win natys at three different schools. The reps from UT will be saying that he might even get a annual trophy with his name on it for doing so...

Minnesota just hired Tracy Claeys several weeks ago. USCe got Tom Herman from Houston. Add Houston on the list.

Herman withdrew his name from consideration according to Pat Forde and USC 247

Minnesota just hired Tracy Claeys several weeks ago. USCe got Tom Herman from Houston. Add Houston on the list.

Herman withdrew his name from consideration according to Pat Forde and USC 247

LINK

His giant ego that counters his small stature. He could become the first coach to win natys at three different schools. The reps from UT will be saying that he might even get a annual trophy with his name on it for doing so...

Winning a championship at three different schools might be the one motivation for him. That massive ego needs something like that. He won't go the NFL route again.

Winning a championship at three different schools might be the one motivation for him. That massive ego needs something like that. He won't go the NFL route again.

I agree....and perhaps it is because one of the things that has made NS so successful in college is recruiting...selling the NFL dream....and in the NLF coaches rarely have much control over the players they coach.

Just watching the stuff going in Cleveland with Manziel and Washington with RGIII and Philadelphia with the entire team...?....who wants to coach in that kind of situation ?

There are reasons why the Texas job might be better than the Alabama job, sure. None of them are compelling enough to warrant Saban leaving Tuscaloosa, in my opinion.

The Texas "fans" might not be as bad as Alabama fans when it comes to crazy and stupid, but I stand by my statement that the expectations would probably be higher, especially if they are going to pay him as much as some think. Saban was a commodity when Alabama hired him, now he's been elevated to something entirely different. Texas would expect championships at the same rate that Alabama fans do, and expect them immediately.

Saban already has a well oiled machine in Tuscaloosa. They already recruit the number one class in the country every year. He's already getting paid more than anyone else. He already has top of the line facilities. He already has every resource he needs.

Most importantly, he's already established top to bottom what he wants in his program. Everyone from his staff, to the athletic department, to the BOT, the donors, the fans, the media etc. do things the way he wants them. He's already built all the important relationships. He's already shaken all the right hands and kissed all the babies. The culture at Alabama reflects Nick Saban.

I don't think anyone doubts that Saban could make Texas successful. I'm sure that he could. I'm sure he knows that he could, but its all the other BS that college coaches have to put up with that I can't imagine Saban wanting to start over with at another school. Are there aspects of the Texas job that mighe be attractive? Absolutely, but not attractive enough to leave a near perfect situation. It's nice to think about him leaving, but its just not going to happen, at least to another school. Obviously, all of this is my opinion.

All this talk about Saban to Texas the last few years makes me wonder if he would want the headache of dealing with all the spread and air-raid teams the Big 12 has (or their tempo), that he would have to coach against every year. We know he hates the HUNH; Texas would mean he would have to deal with Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. All of them use at least some form of HUNH. I don't doubt the man's coaching ability at all, but I also don't see him reproducing Alabama's results in that conference.

All this talk about Saban to Texas the last few years makes me wonder if he would want the headache of dealing with all the spread and air-raid teams the Big 12 has (or their tempo), that he would have to coach against every year. We know he hates the HUNH; Texas would mean he would have to deal with Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. All of them use at least some form of HUNH. I don't doubt the man's coaching ability at all, but I also don't see him reproducing Alabama's results in that conference.

He wouldn't need to produce the same results over a long time. He probably wouldn't stay more than 5 years. Just win one or maybe two championships and ride off into the sunset.

Archived