Potential Effects of UGA internal struggles on AU recruiting

thaitopher

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB · 1m1 minute ago

Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Priutt may get a head coach job offer this year with so many big schools losing coaches.

Well I hope its far away if he does

Me too. I'm hoping Hawaii but thinking VTech. Wished we could land him. No way he accepts anything less than DC and I'm not ready to give up Muschamp yet. Things are starting to go the right way on defense finally.

Whatever happens they would be wise to retain Pruitt. I'm sure the dawg radio is blowing up

Do you think he has the experience for an SEC HC job yet? Or do you think his defenses and his recruiting will be enough to be HC at Georgia?

Whatever happens they would be wise to retain Pruitt. I'm sure the dawg radio is blowing up

Do you think he has the experience for an SEC HC job yet? Or do you think his defenses and his recruiting will be enough to be HC at Georgia?

If Richt goes, UGA will not take Pruitt as the head coach. They will be looking for an elite name. Pruitt's defense has been underwheming this year. People in Atlanta seem to think that UGA can pull almost anyone they want as head coach because the recruiting talent is so high. Yesterday, there was even a rumor that FL ST coach Fisher is very open to UGA. He is going through a divorce, and he is not very happy in Tallahassee these days.

Bud Foster should be considered for the Virginia Tech job. He's been there for ever.

VT is thought to be wanting to go in a new direction. Had it been a few years ago when VT was doing better, Foster would have been the logical choice. But they've been on a slow slide for a few years now and they want some fresh blood.

If Richt goes, UGA will not take Pruitt as the head coach. They will be looking for an elite name. Pruitt's defense has been underwheming this year. People in Atlanta seem to think that UGA can pull almost anyone they want as head coach because the recruiting talent is so high. Yesterday, there was even a rumor that FL ST coach Fisher is very open to UGA. He is going through a divorce, and he is not very happy in Tallahassee these days.

Georgia will be able to attract an elite coach, provided one is available. They've certainly shown that they will be patient and allow a coach to have rebuilding years.

It wouldn't shock me to see Fisher leave FSU. It's a fair weather fan base down there. Not to the degree that Miami or USCw is, but they fall off pretty hard attendance wise when things aren't going perfect.

People are saying Kirby Smart is interested in the Va Tech job. The timing seems about right. Kirby might be thinking he is ready to move on after years of being DC at Bama.

People are saying Kirby Smart is interested in the Va Tech job. The timing seems about right. Kirby might be thinking he is ready to move on after years of being DC at Bama.

Defense-first culture already in place up there, too. I wonder what happens with Foster. Can't imagine two guys of his and Smart's pedigree coexisting. If he were HC material, would he already be one somewhere? Should be one of the more fun silly seasons in awhile.

Priutt may get a head coach job offer this year with so many big schools losing coaches.

I think Pruitt is finally being exposed as a DC. Guy can recruit.

That's why I want him far far away from the southeast

I know your right about this but it seems so strange to me. When he was at Hoover years ago he came across as a dumb good ole boy. But that may have been how MTV wanted him to look.

I know your right about this but it seems so strange to me. When he was at Hoover years ago he came across as a dumb good ole boy. But that may have been how MTV wanted him to look.

Ed Orgeron is Bobby Boucher's less polished cousin, but he's still one of the best recruiters in the country. You're right, kids respond to strange things.

Ed Orgeron is Bobby Boucher's less polished cousin, but he's still one of the best recruiters in the country. You're right, kids respond to strange things.

Orgeron popped in my mind too as soon as I read bg5's comment.

Recruiting, coordinating....and being the HC.....those are very different jobs and require very different skills...especially in the SEC.

Can't in my wildest imagination see UGa taking a new head coach without some kind of HC resume' that looks pretty good. It can be said that AU jumped the gun on Chiz and Gus....and USCw did the same with Kiffin and Sark....and Florida with Muschamp......and the list goes on.

Too much pressure on the ADs to get it right the first time for them to take a chance on a guy who has never been a HC somewhere reasonably important. JMO.

Maybe UF did the right thing in hiring McElwain...he got a few years as a head coach at a smaller power 5 school before getting a big time gig...time will tell. It worked out well for them with Urban and Spurrier as well. Coordinator hires seem to be very risky ventures, but with so much competition for coaches, hiring a proven commodity is no easy task.

Archived