Auburn 56 Idaho 34 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

Sigh... I like Sean White as much as the next guy, but he's very likely not going to be 100%, in fact I would wager that he may not be 100% come bowl time. Also I wouldn't put a cold Sean White in either, Jeremy Johnson is the only option we've got if we want to do win, and we'd do well to game plan around that rather than playing the carousel.

You are probably right about SW's injury....and him not being 100% for quite a while yet. As far as the carousel is concerned, if he could get to about 90% +/- I would gladly put him on the horse and see what he can do....but .....don't think that's gonna happen.

Meanwhile I note that Mich State used 2 back up QBs to beat Ohio State and TCU has a red shirt freshman doing a great job against Oklahoma right now....big guy who can run or throw....why can't we have a couple of these kind of guys in the bullpen?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh... I like Sean White as much as the next guy, but he's very likely not going to be 100%, in fact I would wager that he may not be 100% come bowl time. Also I wouldn't put a cold Sean White in either, Jeremy Johnson is the only option we've got if we want to do win, and we'd do well to game plan around that rather than playing the carousel.

I doubt he plays as well, but yes I would take a healthy cold SW of JJ. Idt it will matter either way, the results will be the same... An Auburn win

Jeremy looked good in spots. Still high on many of his passes. Defense was terrible except for the turnovers. Backups on defense were particularly bad.

Agree on the defense. As for Johnson, I won't be sold until he cuts it lose and completes passes into small windows routinely. His decision making early in the year makes me hold my breath everytime he throws downfield.

You are probably right about SW's injury....and him not being 100% for quite a while yet. As far as the carousel is concerned, if he could get to about 90% +/- I would gladly put him on the horse and see what he can do....but .....don't think that's gonna happen.

Meanwhile I note that Mich State used 2 back up QBs to beat Ohio State and TCU has a red shirt freshman doing a great job against Oklahoma right now....big guy who can run or throw....why can't we have a couple of these kind of guys in the bullpen?

Take a look at Baylor's 2nd string QB......not bad

Jeremy looked good in spots. Still high on many of his passes. Defense was terrible except for the turnovers. Backups on defense were particularly bad.

Agree on the defense. As for Johnson, I won't be sold until he cuts it lose and completes passes into small windows routinely. His decision making early in the year makes me hold my breath everytime he throws downfield.

I just close my eyes and cross my fingers

I've heard that he hurt his ACL. Nothing like a tear, but I'd be surprised if he plays again this year. Glad we won. Stat's make it look like Idaho outplayed us save for the one place that matters, the scoreboard. Was that the case?

Good win and getting bowl eligible is big considering the season we are having. Wish the D hadn't give up so many points but clearly we were in control of this one anyways. Great to see little Tuberville out there too..finally. On to the IB folks.

I am so glad Tucker got in the game. I just wish we could give our backup quarterbacks a chance to throw the ball. I know we are trying to kill clock but maybe the possession would last a little longer with a little passing. I don't think I have ever seen him throw in mop up duty.

I just close my eyes and cross my fingers

I think we all cross our fingers every time he takes a snap. He can look so good and smooth one play then make a total bonehead mistake the next. If he could get together he would be great. The talent is the here but you just have to wonder if the light is ever going to come on for him.

This is a hard group to please, Do you guys talk negative about every aspect of your life or just on here. Maybe Stat can show some pics because JJ made some very good zone reads today. I understand it was against a lesser opponent but those are the reads we will need to beat uat next week. As far as high throws if you listen to the receivers they actually practice the high throws to give us an advantage much like the come-back passes. Of course I am sure you experts already knew that and was just making comments to see who was listening, ;-) WDE

mOn top of your note, I note that Ohio state was supposed to have had two first round QBs, but look where they are now.

mOn top of your note, I note that Ohio state was supposed to have had two first round QBs, but look where they are now.

Props to tom Herman

I'm glad after all these years we still can spell Tuberville correctly. (Yellow font)

Amazing isn't it??

Guess you don't like positive comments either huh?

Geez. I really have to explain this to you? Ok. See if this makes sense. Notice the words YELLOW FONT in parenthesis? The yellow font is what many posters do here when they are being sarcastic. They either put it in yellow or make the designation after their posts like he did above. Depending on the skin you are using here, the yellow font can be unreadable to many.

So, to keep it simple for you, he was being sarcastic. If I need to explain the reason for this sarcastic comment further, I can do that as well.

It was great to see the offense get back on track. Jovon Robinson needs to touch the ball 30 times for us to have a chance next week.

Defensively, it was really discouraging to give up 34 points with 450+ yards. We allowed them to run 88 plays and out gain us yardage-wise. 11 penalties is another issue that is very troubling going into next week. I would love to see this team put together a complete game.

I'm glad after all these years we still can spell Tuberville correctly. (Yellow font)

Amazing isn't it??

Guess you don't like positive comments either huh?

Geez. I really have to explain this to you? Ok. See if this makes sense. Notice the words YELLOW FONT in parenthesis? The yellow font is what many posters do here when they are being sarcastic. They either put it in yellow or make the designation after their posts like he did above. Depending on the skin you are using here, the yellow font can be unreadable to many.

So, to keep it simple for you, he was being sarcastic. If I need to explain the reason for this sarcastic comment further, I can do that as well.

Was referring to you not him. Not sure why you are so testy.

It was great to see the offense get back on track. Jovon Robinson needs to touch the ball 30 times for us to have a chance next week.

Defensively, it was really discouraging to give up 34 points with 450+ yards. We allowed them to run 88 plays and out gain us yardage-wise. 11 penalties is another issue that is very troubling going into next week. I would love to see this team put together a complete game.

Takes bend don't break to another level. Give Idaho credit for playing hard. Both qbs played gutsy.

Rake last 14 away with backups and would be better on paper. Nice to see others playing. Seems as if last few years backups didn't get many shots.

Takes bend don't break to another level. Give Idaho credit for playing hard. Both qbs played gutsy.

Rake last 14 away with backups and would be better on paper. Nice to see others playing. Seems as if last few years backups didn't get many shots.

Nice turnaround from the game thread 22. I enjoy your posts much more when you are objective in your views instead of negative. I know it's hard to stay positive sometimes and once the negativity switch turns on, it's hard to turn off. Props for making the effort.

They seemed to have some missed opportunities to let Jason Smith get some qbs snaps..

Shoot even dissapoinged Tubby didn't get to throw.

Dissapointed that Barber didn't get more yards. Hard to think he will get 53 against the turds. Especially with the emergence of JR

JJ will start and most likely drown against the Bama defense. Tucker Tuberville will save the day and hold up the thumb.

They seemed to have some missed opportunities to let Jason Smith get some qbs snaps..

Shoot even dissapoinged Tubby didn't get to throw.

Dissapointed that Barber didn't get more yards. Hard to think he will get 53 against the turds. Especially with the emergence of JR

JJ will start and most likely drown against the Bama defense. Tucker Tuberville will save the day and hold up the thumb.

I know your referencing fear the thumb...but the streak hit 6. If it were to make it to 7, we'd be back to the middle finger ;D

Lot of discussion about qbs all year. Not much mention of us not having a go to receiver, Idaho does.

Agree. It's a big factor. We would have won a few more games (possibly) if Duke would have been Duke from last year not had the off field issues

Lot of discussion about qbs all year. Not much mention of us not having a go to receiver, Idaho does.

Agree. It's a big factor. We would have won a few more games (possibly) if Duke would have been Duke from last year not had the off field issues

ricardo is the most targeted and makes some plays but not a #1 at all. Our wRs dont even block well. Ray misses a lot on the screens. If we keep Wallace on the field vs bammer we need to throw to him. I don't think anyone expects it. We did need Duke.

Post-game analysis: we learned nothing tonight. It's Idaho. No use over-analyzing one way or another. Not to sound defeatist (while sounding defeatist, I know), but let's take our medicine next Saturday, end the 2015 chapter, and get a head start with "a new day" or whatever the gimmicky saying for next season will be as we prepare for the bowl game and 2016. In the meantime, shameless Auburn plug, our ladies play their Sweet 16 soccer match tomorrow against FSU. Maybe one football team can bring home a championship this year! War eagle!

Archived