Countess

AUGoo

Solid is not the super human game changer I was expecting.

Thought Ford was solid.

i dont know where or how the hell you expected that. he was not a full time starter at Michigan.

That, and Harbaugh would've never released him from his scholarship...

Hey dummy..he graduated, was not released...could go anywhere he wanted without sitting out.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/05/13/michigan-football-blake-countess/27248755/

Solid is not the super human game changer I was expecting.

Thought Ford was solid.

i dont know where or how the hell you expected that. he was not a full time starter at Michigan.

That, and Harbaugh would've never released him from his scholarship...

Hey dummy..he graduated, was not released...could go anywhere he wanted without sitting out.

http://www.freep.com...ntess/27248755/

Didn't realize that. But thanks for calling me a dummy.You're a juvenile. I was agreeing with you and adding to your point. Had he been a "super human changer", Harbaugh would've wanted to keep him around, don't you think?

Not necessarily....and more likely he did not want to spend his 5th year at Michigan under a new coach....guy had decent career at Michigan, Sorry I offended you but to some extent I misinterpreted your comment...and was influenced by the ones above it. ..."super human game changer"...who ever said that? I hate to see even veiled shots at guys like BC when I don't think his play warranted it. The guy gave all he had for AU and was probably the most reliable DB we had ....taking the entire year into account.

Sorry boys but Blake consistently gave too much cushion and was beaten MANY times for firsts downs and TDs or conversions by being two yds into the end zone. That makes him a spectator. He is also very slow with the hand sweep to knock down a pass. Cost us the Arky game. Blake may have been solid but he underperformed for his hype imho.

Yeah. To say your disappointed in someone because they weren't the super human game changer you thought they'd be, when WM has praised his performance, is warped.

I'd say he performed exactly as the coaches expected.

Why in the h*ll is the OP calling out one of our players like this? That kid does not deserve to have a thread about how disappointed someone is in his performance on the field. Good Grief too many of you have lost all perspective.

Since they are all former Pro Bowlers and HOF inductees your post is irrelevant. Good try, though.

Why in the h*ll is the OP calling out one of our players like this? That kid does not deserve to have a thread about how disappointed someone is in his performance on the field. Good Grief too many of you have lost all perspective.

Because they live and die on one play...I don't understand why many on the board do this.

What I know about the in's and out's of football I have learned from here

Well there's your problem. We had a lot of problems this year, Blake was way down the list.

Every team thru on Countess cause they knew he was not going to beat them. What a let down.

Every team thru on us everywhere.

Threw?

Sorry boys but Blake consistently gave too much cushion and was beaten MANY times for firsts downs and TDs or conversions by being two yds into the end zone. That makes him a spectator. He is also very slow with the hand sweep to knock down a pass. Cost us the Arky game. Blake may have been solid but he underperformed for his hype imho.

Yeah. Our D held Arky to 24 regulation points at home. That's 20 less than pretty much every other team they played from there on out with msu, om, etc giving up 50 or close to it in regulation, but it's Countess' fault we lost. Not to mention the mountain of dropped passes that should have given us a regulation win. "Sorry boys"? You should be, you're off base.

Blake came here as a 2013 All Big10 corner, not a super human game changer. For Auburn he was a starting kick returner, corner, nickel, strong safety, and free safety. He is no Wade Christopher, but I think we got a solid return on investment.

Winners make plays, throughout a season, while others drop sure pick-sixes, then talk of what could have been.

I don't think Blake was as good as some in this thread are saying, that being said, the dude transferred instead of going pro... Charles Woodson types don't do that :lol:

He was about what I expected, and as far as disappointing positions he wouldn't be in my top 3.

Winners make plays, throughout a season, while others drop sure pick-sixes, then talk of what could have been.

One reason DB's don't catch as well as receivers is DB's are often going full speed toward the ball as they are breaking on the ball cutting off the receiver. That added speed and momentum makes catching the ball harder. The added speed of the DB coming to the ball at full speed turns the pass into a bullet it is much more difficult to catch then waiting for the ball to reach you.

Was it catchable yes but that one play does not make a season. Also you don't seem to give him any credit for being in position to make the play. I was super stoked when I heard we would get Countess for a year his skill and intelligence allowed him to play multiple positions for us and he was very solid in all of them.

Anybody who thinks he wasn't good ask Muschamp if he would want him back for one more year.

One reason DB's don't catch as well as receivers is DB's are often going full speed toward the ball as they are breaking on the ball cutting off the receiver. That added speed and momentum makes catching the ball harder. The added speed of the DB coming to the ball at full speed turns the pass into a bullet it is much more difficult to catch then waiting for the ball to reach you.

Was it catchable yes but that one play does not make a season. Also you don't seem to give him any credit for being in position to make the play. I was super stoked when I heard we would get Countess for a year I was stoked and his skill and intelligence allowed him to play multiple positions for us and he was very solid in all of them.

Anybody who thinks he wasn't good ask Muschamp if he would want him back for one more year.

True.

Not gonna stop raptor from being a douche towards a good AU guy though. Hims mad we didn't win.

Was it catchable yes but that one play does not make a season. Also you don't seem to give him any credit for being in position to make the play. I was super stoked when I heard we would get Countess for a year I was stoked and his skill and intelligence allowed him to play multiple positions for us and he was very solid in all of them.

True.

Not gonna stop raptor from being a douche towards a good AU guy though. Hims mad we didn't win.

The kid is a safety and was asked to play all over the defensive backfield. He has made some really good plays at the safety position.

I have no issues with his play this season. As someone mentioned before, he will most likely stick with an NFL team.

If you want to point at a player that did not perform at the level of expectation, take a look at Jones. He was an enigma this year. It was very strange watching his development.

Archived