Players leaving

bmartin3228

Young and Monty might declare. We will not lose anyone else. Carl will be back. JJ all be back. Shon will be back. Cowart isn't going anywhere and neither is Roc.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young and Monty might declare. We will not lose anyone else. Carl will be back. JJ all be back. Shon will be back. Cowart isn't going anywhere and neither is Roc.

You know this because...?

I have to say that besides Coleman, none of the underclass men mentioned as leaving for the draft really showed that well this year. I think Monty has worlds of potential but he hasn't shown much on the field to be mentioned as a round 2-3 guy. Lawson just wasn't the same player after his injuries. He still has amazing potential but he needs health. He can be a special player and I think he returns. Young has shown flashes but I don't even think he would up as 2nd team all sec. I'm shocked to even hear Jovon's name as leaving early. He has great potential as well but could use one more year.

As for the transfers, I'm sad to hear JJ might be leaving but not surprised. He might feel he can't win the job next year or his opportunity passed him by. As for Roc, I think he was banged up a bit and that hurt his production & opportunities. Next year if he stays, I could see Roc getting more touches in space and Robinson being the workhorse.

Call me crazy,but we have the chance to return 15+ starters next year and could be much better than this year. We just need a QB.

So you're saying JJ has turned into Arnold Schwarzenegger for next year? Should we all get down and run to the chopper?

Sorry I had to with "all be back"

McLoofus, I had the same reaction. It's not a close comparison. For one, we were much better in 2003 than we were this year. I'm in my 30s, and this is one of 7 teams to win six games or less in my life. Jason had his struggles in 2003, but it was only against the best competition. Against everyone else, he was lights out. The leap he made from Year 4 to 5 was in raising his game against elite teams. Jeremy is a great kid (and I love the attitude), but he has to improve in every phase of the game as a QB.

Roc has been healthy the last few weeks. I thought it was odd that he didn't find his way back on the field.

Barber is the only back that can block

I have to say that besides Coleman, none of the underclass men mentioned as leaving for the draft really showed that well this year. I think Monty has worlds of potential but he hasn't shown much on the field to be mentioned as a round 2-3 guy. Lawson just wasn't the same player after his injuries. He still has amazing potential but he needs health. He can be a special player and I think he returns. Young has shown flashes but I don't even think he would up as 2nd team all sec. I'm shocked to even hear Jovon's name as leaving early. He has great potential as well but could use one more year.

As for the transfers, I'm sad to hear JJ might be leaving but not surprised. He might feel he can't win the job next year or his opportunity passed him by. As for Roc, I think he was banged up a bit and that hurt his production & opportunities. Next year if he stays, I could see Roc getting more touches in space and Robinson being the workhorse.

Call me crazy,but we have the chance to return 15+ starters next year and could be much better than this year. We just need a QB.

Jovon could just as easily refine his game on the next level where he is getting paid. Even if he ran for 1500 next year and got incredibly beat up in the process, its unlikely he lands in the top two rounds of the draft. Plus, if he has an attitude like y'all think he has, he might as well go pro or else he will be riding the bench or even be gone like Duke Williams. Even if he doesnt have an attitude, he is seriously at risk of "not being the guy"next year with Peyton Barber, Kerryon, and Roc all possibly coming back. If that happens, he wasted a year and he really messed up!

So really at his age, it is the optimum time to leave. I've discussed over and over again that longevity matters in the league and getting banged up for free is doing no good. I know for a fact that he could make the NFL roster right now even if he was just an undrafted free agent just because of his skills as a RB. He would not be buying bugattis in his first year in the league, but then again, even with a 1500 yard year next year, he is still probably in the 3rd round range with pretty much zero guranteed money because of his age and "work ethic." However, I think he has elite cutting ability for a big back, and pro teams love that kind of potential now.

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 9s10 seconds ago

I'm really warming up to Auburn LT Shon Coleman. Has a case for #3 tackle spot in this class.

Even before reading this I couldn't see him staying. Winning his cancer battle and the toll that takes on your body is good reason to go make money as soon as possible.

Whether they stay or leave I feel good about this team as a whole next year. To me the attitude of this team changed from Louisville to the Iron Bowl from a team of over privileged under achievers to a bunch of humble kids fighting hard to save their season. This is the kind of environment that builds leaders and shows the real character of a team. I saw a team of fighters. I see Oline being deep, The backfield returns plus some, the WRs will be a work in progress, Dline will be thin again, LBs will be rebuilding with solid talent in Tre, Holland, and others, Dbs look great with the young talent that emerged. Casanova and Frost will be the biggest loses in my opinion even with the early departures.

Sorry, are there any links to the 'Roc is leaving' story? Not doubting, just would like to read more, if it's available.

I think there might be links to rumors. Would that help?

Yes, please.

Sorry, are there any links to the 'Roc is leaving' story? Not doubting, just would like to read more, if it's available.

Think he's mentioned a couple times on Snapchat that he was planning on leaving.

I recall that from a while back. But that was, well, a while back. Anything recent?

I tried. I searched. I couldn't find them. I have failed you Britt. I am ashamed

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 9s10 seconds ago

I'm really warming up to Auburn LT Shon Coleman. Has a case for #3 tackle spot in this class.

Even before reading this I couldn't see him staying. Winning his cancer battle and the toll that takes on your body is good reason to go make money as soon as possible.

Shon is a success story, every way. The biggest way. Nothing but best thoughts and hopes for him.

I think there might be links to rumors. Would that help?

Yes, please.

Think he's mentioned a couple times on Snapchat that he was planning on leaving.

I recall that from a while back. But that was, well, a while back. Anything recent?

I tried. I searched. I couldn't find them. I have failed you Britt. I am ashamed

No worries. Probably nothing to find. TThank for the effort.

I am not happy how this year went either, but I can't believe that anyone would put this team in the same sentence with 2012. This team has fought all the way. Really 5 losses under 10 points (uat just showed what jerks they were with the last td after AU put their young guys in to get playing time) and had plenty of chances to win them all. I don't think Lawson, Coleman are going anywhere. And why in the world would you think Roc would leave. The only reason for lack of playing time has been his injuries, going some place else would not have helped that. He has a role on the team as a speed back and had great hands on passing plays. JJ is not going any place either. He will be a senior and he likes AU to well. I might could see SW go elsewhere if any of the new guys prove better in the spring, but we will have to see. AY is probably gone, so is Adams. I don't think we have other underclassman that is leaving. We will probably lose one or two like we normally do but I have no idea who that might be. As far as Cowart, I think he stays. He had some growing pains early but I think he is over that now. Not unusual for a 5 star to get overwhelmed when he arrives at the college rank. My biggest worry at this point is for an offence identity. Gus seems to have a problem with this each year, but this was worse. If you remember it was around game 3 or 4 with both Nick and Cam. I think that was why it was so bad to can JJ at 3 games and then Sean to get hurt after another 3 games. We probably had the talent to win 10 or 11 games this year but our coaches could never keep them sustained for the whole game. Hopefully Gus will get his head out of his rear and get it done. WDE

So it is a good chance both Coleman and Young leave....Still got a good bunch returning though. No way Lawson should be leaving early.

Good for Shon. If they're going to leave, I'd like for them to be first round. Just think--if Shon went first round, combined with Greg Robinson being second pick two years ago, it would REALLY attract quality OTs.

^What makes you think Carl returns?

Good for Shon. If they're going to leave, I'd like for them to be first round. Just think--if Shon went first round, combined with Greg Robinson being second pick two years ago, it would REALLY attract quality OTs.

The fact that he hasn't proven he can be consistently healthy. A lot of potential, but health issues could ruin him. It doesn't get any easier at the next level. Ask superman Jadeaveon Clowney.

The fact that he hasn't proven he can be consistently healthy. A lot of potential, but health issues could ruin him. It doesn't get any easier at the next level. Ask superman Jadeaveon Clowney.

Not a good example man... asking the 1st overall pick if he should leave even though he's had injury issues?

Maybe he should ask Clowney if he likes having all his freedoms and money as well? :lol:

Well, if that happens, and Davidson and Coe stick, and a certain end from Florida stays, our DL may cause opposing QBs a lotta pain next year.

Not a good example man... asking the 1st overall pick if he should leave even though he's had injury issues?

Maybe he should ask Clowney if he likes having all his freedoms and money as well? :lol:

What are you blabbering about? Carl Lawson is nowhere near a 1st overall pick, so he doesn't have to worry about asking clowney about #1 pick money. My point was Carl Lawson needs to return and prove he can play one fully healthy year of collegiate football at a high level. If he can't stay healthy in college, what makes you think he will be healthy in the pros? Clowney, who was by far the best physical specimen I have ever seen is having a hard time in the pros due to nagging injuries and he was relatively injury free in college.

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 3m3 minutes ago

Just on the film (3 games), I think Shon Coleman could be a Round 1 player. Ahead of where DJ Humphries was last year.

This would really be special. He was at the draft a few years ago as an honorary presenter and a few years later could be a projected first rounder. This would be awesome. Wish him nothing but the best

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 3m3 minutes ago

Just on the film (3 games), I think Shon Coleman could be a Round 1 player. Ahead of where DJ Humphries was last year.

This would really be special. He was at the draft a few years ago as an honorary presenter and a few years later could be a projected first rounder. This would be awesome. Wish him nothing but the best

I'd hate to see him leave, but would love to see him be a first round pick. Someone already said it, he's a success story in every way.

Archived