Players leaving

bmartin3228

Certainly no surprise. An outstanding Auburn man but I already had him penciled in to move on. I'm sure many of you also have a pretty good list of who you expect to leave (one way or another). So it's really important for Seniors and others who are won't be back to have a good Bowl experience and leave with a big win.

Just curious, why did you have him penciled in to move on? Just a good player that you didn't see getting on the field for us? Hate to lose quality depth, but I agree with you, just got to wish a good guy the best and respect his decision to do what's best for him.

I don't think he'd ever really be impactful for the offensive line. I was kind of shocked that we took him in the class to be honest. But i'm not a recruiting guru

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He posted a pic on instagram of him and Ricardo celebrating after a TD, with the caption " ... the end "

Don't know if that was what you were referring to, or if they were separate posts. Doesn't look good though

If Roc stays, he'll go into next season 4th on the depth chart. The guy is fast but other than slot receiver I don't know where he'd play and Jason Smith would have him beat at slot receiver.

Maybe we'll all be better off with Roc making a fresh start at Jax State.

If Roc stays, he'll go into next season 4th on the depth chart. The guy is fast but other than slot receiver I don't know where he'd play and Jason Smith would have him beat at slot receiver.

Maybe we'll all be better off with Roc making a fresh start at Jax State.

roc is our second best behind jovon. We certainly need him to stay.

While Roc may be more talented than Barber, Roc tended to leave the ball on the ground too often. This season would have been a complete meltdown without PB early in the season. In the JSU & SJSU games, he took the team on his back and carried us to a W. Lack of ball security gets an RB in the doghouse and he has to work his way out. I hope Roc sticks around for next year. I feel like it could be one of those magical years.

People keep making ridiculous claims about Roc nd it becomes normal. This is not true.

If Roc transfers, then I will wish him all the best in earning the reps elsewhere that he couldn't here. That will be the extent of the emotion I feel about it.

Not trying to pretend that he isn't good or that we have an overstocked stable without him, but there are probably a dozen other departures that would bother me more from strictly a pragmatic point of view.

Barber carried this team for the first half of the season and was definitely the MVP of the offense. That being said I think Roc may have the most shear talent of any back we have. He reminds me of a Cadillac type back to Jovon's Ronnie B bruiser back. If he added 10-20lbs during the off season he could be a playmaker.

Barber carried this team for the first half of the season and was definitely the MVP of the offense. That being said I think Roc may have the most shear talent of any back we have. He reminds me of a Cadillac type back to Jovon's Ronnie B bruiser back. If he added 10-20lbs during the off season he could be a playmaker.

I like the Jovon/Ronnie comparison much better than the Roc/Cadillac one. The game was never too big for Cadillac. Furthermore, he was an emotional leader and complete back. I just don't see those qualities from Roc yet.

Fantastic ball carrier in space. Even started playing more physically this year. Started the season listed at RB1. But a coach who's coached a lot of very good running backs and who was desperate for answers went another direction more often than not. Occam's Razor tells us that Roc was not as dependable as the other guys this season. Simple as that.

Edit: I do realize that Roc is young and maybe just hasn't had a chance yet to really flourish in a leadership role. But that certainly hasn't hampered true FR Kerryon Johnson.

That'd be great for Coleman if he's a first round pick this year. However, for AU having to break in a new LT with a QB who will have had 4 games or less experience will be tough.

Edit: Not trying to take away from the incredible moment it would be for him to be selected in the first round.

Archived