Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we counter offer and he still leaves, how is it Malzahn's fault? He recruited one heck of a class for us, so it's not like he is undermine Gus or the school, he probably just sees another opportunity to further his career.

It's a lateral move where he won't even be Co-OC in title. If he leaves, it's because he believes Gus is more loyal to Rhett than he is to DC and he isn't going to be a full-fledged coordinator here any time soon.

Bring back Trooper!

Yeah, bring back the guy that created most of the problems that doomed the last staff. Brilliant idea.

Bring back Loeffler!!! This is bad!!!

How is CDC choosing a lateral move to LSU for the same position (WR coach) he has at Auburn equivalent to Gus choosing RL over DC?

Because there has been heavy speculation that Craig isn't too fond of Lashlee and that one of them would need to leave as a result. If Craig leaves for the same job at LSU, that basically means that Gus chose Lashlee over him.

I love DC and hate to see him leave but, if I were a head coach, I would have a hard time letting an assistant tell me who my other assistants were going to be

"pride goeth before the fall" and doublebubble is going to have to learn the hard way, it seems......arrogance, stubborness, and a self-inflation of ones intellectual prowess just does not make for much success....if craig leaves, then malzahn might as well call a moving van because, what some of us can see and have seen for a while, is about to become visible to the point that even malzahnites can see it....he is over his head and not near as smart as he thinks he is

Guys, guys, guys.... This COULD be bad. Let it play out. Maybe with the offer given this will force Gus' hand. Maybe he has been looking for a way to slide Rhett out and now he will have to pull the trigger. I know, lots of maybes.... lol

Let this sink in for a minute. DC is leaving his alma mater to go to a division rival in a lateral move. This rival was within an eyelash of firing the head coach last year. Sounds like DC was looking for any opportunity to get out off the coaching staff. This will lose CGM so much of the support that remained for him. I hate to say it, but IMHO, this will be CGM's last season.

So if we counter offer and he still leaves, how is it Malzahn's fault? He recruited one heck of a class for us, so it's not like he is undermine Gus or the school, he probably just sees another opportunity to further his career.

It's a lateral move where he won't even be Co-OC in title. If he leaves, it's because he believes Gus is more loyal to Rhett than he is to DC and he isn't going to be a full-fledged coordinator here any time soon.

It's starting to look like Gus is more loyal to RL than he is to AU.

Picking CRL over a AU legend in CDC is just a damn sorry ass move on Gus. And to an SEC west rival. I'm pretty much in with the done with Gus crowd.

What are you talking about?

CDC to lsu. It's a done deal. So I'm told. JABA.

It better not happen.

I hope this don't happen . Mostly for recruiting reasons. DC is one of my top three all time favorite players too. I would just swap him to qb coach and Rhett to wr. As far as WR play I haven't seen where he is not replaceable. There is not a better recruiter in the country.

If this plays out the way we are hearing it, then maybe Jacobs should intervene and tell Gus that he has to fire Lashlee and make DC the OC with a salary of $1,000,000 per season for 3 years. I doubt this will happen. If CDC promised recruits he would be here for the long haul, then he should be ashamed of himself.

If this is going to happen, we need to hire a receivers coach within a few days. We need to hire someone who can recruit and can win the new recruits over. I am a glass half full person and do believe that something good may come out of this.

If Gus doesn't name Craig as OC/QB coach and move Lashlee to coach WR's, Auburn will have another poor showing at QB at we all saw in 2015. Lashlee is NOT an SEC offensive coordinator/QB coach. So if Gus keep things as they were again next season, we will see another 6-6 record or even worse. Wake up Gus and cut ties with your boy -- Rhett.

How on earth do you look at Rhett vs Dameyune and decide that keeping the former is the call to make?

You don't. He is an Auburn legend, one of the top recruiters in the country, a good coach and a guy who loves Auburn. Let's hope this is just a shot across the bow to make somebody wake up.

Hypothetical situation here: head coach (we'll call him Gus)has an assistant coach/protégé (let's call him Rhett) and everyone knows they have a tight relationship. Another assistant (hypothetically named dameyune) accepts a position under said head coach, knowing the situation full well. After a couple of years, with neither assistant's position group performing particularly well, assistant coach B (dameyune) demands that assistant coach A(Rhett) be fired and his position given to him (dameyune). In spite of the fact that head coach (Gus) is obviously attempting to find assistant coach A a position somewhere else to remedy the situation, assistant coach B refuses to wait, insists that he will leave his alma mater for an identical position at a rival if his demands are not met immediately. Hypothetically, who is the bad guy here?

This will be another part that will be Malzahn's down fall next season. When the offense starts going down again, the media and others will ask why did Gus allow Craig to move to LSU and yet he held on tight to keep Lashlee. The 2016 season will for sure be Gus' last if he doesn't keep Craig. He didn't do anything to stop TRob from going to South Carolina with Muschamp.

This will be another part that will be Malzahn's down fall next season. When the offense starts going down again, the media and others will ask why did Gus allow Craig to move to LSU and yet he held on tight to keep Lashlee.

The media and those associated with AU...

Hypothetical situation here: head coach (we'll call him Gus)has an assistant coach/protégé (let's call him Rhett) and everyone knows they have a tight relationship. Another assistant (hypothetically named dameyune) accepts a position under said head coach, knowing the situation full well. After a couple of years, with neither assistant's position group performing particularly well, assistant coach B (dameyune) demands that assistant coach A(Rhett) be fired and his position given to him (dameyune). In spite of the fact that head coach (Gus) is obviously attempting to find assistant coach A a position somewhere else to remedy the situation, assistant coach B refuses to wait, insists that he will leave his alma mater for an identical position at a rival if his demands are not met immediately. Hypothetically, who is the bad guy here?

Person X, in the study with a candlestick.

Archived