Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Hypothetical situation here: head coach (we'll call him Gus)has an assistant coach/protégé (let's call him Rhett) and everyone knows they have a tight relationship. Another assistant (hypothetically named dameyune) accepts a position under said head coach, knowing the situation full well. After a couple of years, with neither assistant's position group performing particularly well, assistant coach B (dameyune) demands that assistant coach A(Rhett) be fired and his position given to him (dameyune). In spite of the fact that head coach (Gus) is obviously attempting to find assistant coach A a position somewhere else to remedy the situation, assistant coach B refuses to wait, insists that he will leave his alma mater for an identical position at a rival if his demands are not met immediately. Hypothetically, who is the bad guy here?

Hypothetical Rhett, the slacker and then the guy who has him parked there taking up space, Hypothetical Gus.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone think this could have anything to do more with Hand than Lashlee? Or maybe the combo of those two leave craig feeling like the odd man out?

Nothing to do with Hand. This problem has been brewing for over a year and Gus has done zip to solve the problem.

If this happens Gus is stupid don't care what the Gus fan club has to say about it either

With you 100%. Speechless right now that this is even on the table as a possibility

Hypothetical situation here: head coach (we'll call him Gus)has an assistant coach/protégé (let's call him Rhett) and everyone knows they have a tight relationship. Another assistant (hypothetically named dameyune) accepts a position under said head coach, knowing the situation full well. After a couple of years, with neither assistant's position group performing particularly well, assistant coach B (dameyune) demands that assistant coach A(Rhett) be fired and his position given to him (dameyune). In spite of the fact that head coach (Gus) is obviously attempting to find assistant coach A a position somewhere else to remedy the situation, assistant coach B refuses to wait, insists that he will leave his alma mater for an identical position at a rival if his demands are not met immediately. Hypothetically, who is the bad guy here?

You can try making it right...good luck with that but like I said this happens Gus is stupid. What does Rhett bring to the team and what does Craig?

Lashlee's brings NOTHING to Auburn. Hell, just go back and watch the games from last year with Johnson and White at QB. Lashlee has been in over his head since Malzahn first hired him.

What in the hell is going on in the AU football program? Is Craig going to be slammed like T Rob was for leaving AU for another position? Maybe assistant coaches aren't the problem here?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if this is a done deal or not yet. But if DC leaves. I'm going to have a really hard time believing our team and coaching staff doesn't implode sometime between this summer and next

If this situation involved Muschamp instead of DC, some folks might call him hotheaded

What would be the equivalent scenario with Muschamp?

Nothing. No matter WHAT it is. No matter how stupid a decision may be there will always be somebody there to back it up

DC is one of the most valuable pieces in our program. I hope we threw literally everything we could out there to keep him if he is indeed gone

DC is one of the most valuable pieces in our program. I hope we threw literally everything we could out there to keep him if he is indeed gone

I agree, but we will never know. This is just disheartening. By all standards.

I only wanted Lashlee to leave, instead, just about every other coach has left but him. We should probably worry about Fountain's job while we are at it.

With TRob leaving and now DC might leave, this should tell everyone that the main problem with Gus Malzahn himself. He sticks with "his boys" and the hell with the other coaches. TRob would still be at IF Gus had named him as defensive coordinator and Craig would not even think of talking to LSU IF Gus would name him as offensive coordinator/QB coach. Malzahn reminds me more and more of how hard headed Tuberville and his staff. Gus' stubbornness will get him fired. The same goes for Jay Jacobs too.

I've been on the fence about renewing my tickets this year. And I also pay for a tailgate through tailgate guys which a percentage goes to the university. If this move happens then I'm done. Jay Jacobs needs to be part of the cleansing when it all falls apart.

Anyone think this could have anything to do more with Hand than Lashlee? Or maybe the combo of those two leave craig feeling like the odd man out?

Nothing to do with Hand. This problem has been brewing for over a year and Gus has done zip to solve the problem.

Let us hope the Craig camp is using this to let the AU people know things are getting real and it's time to wake up.

^^^ I love AU and will forever support. But you can consider me off the Gus Bus and I've been one of his bigger supporters. Especially if what PM says about not trying to retain him is true. Could I be overreacting? Possibly. But damn, to keep a glorified GA at the expense of Dameyune freaking Craig is awful. And let's say that it wasn't a keep one or the other deal -- he still made Craig feel as if going to a school where they almost fired their entire staff a few months ago where he would be holding the same exact title was a better option than staying at Auburn -- his alma mater and where he was one of the best QBs to ever play.

I feel like I got punched in the gut with this one

When AUC starts running items like this, it's probably about 99% certain. Sometimes they jump the gun but not usually with top guys like CDC. It would be a big hit for the program to lose him....especially right before spring practice when we're hoping to get a QB ready for the coming season.

Sounds like that rumor of CDC being the QB mentor for jF3 might not have been accurate.

Archived