New QB Spring Leaders

bikeriderga

Just watched a video where they said if it was a game tomorrow from what they heard, seen, and what the coaches said SW would start, jf3 would be next and JJ would be last

That's is in line with what I've been told.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched a video where they said if it was a game tomorrow from what they heard, seen, and what the coaches said SW would start, jf3 would be next and JJ would be last

This is hopeful.

Sounds about what is expected.

Its really funny to read posts that question Sean White's arm strength or accuracy. He has the best arm on the roster and its not even close.

He (Sean White) has the best arm on the roster and its not even close.

That's just not true...I'm not questioning Sean White's arm strength or accuracy, but Johnson has a bigger arm.

That's just not true...I'm not questioning Sean White's arm strength or accuracy, but Johnson has a bigger arm.

Best arm and strongest arm are two different things

Where was the video? Internet (link?) Tv show? Just wondering if we can look it up to see as well.

no doubt. We know that won't make a difference in the race. We are looking for a leader, decision maker, ball protector, that can command and move the offense. Arm strength is not a factor anymore. If it was JJ would be the QB with certainty.

Best arm and strongest arm are two different things

If we are making a distinction between the two, then I'd say its arguable who has the better arm. I just think generally, when people say someone has the better arm, they mean the stronger arm. Johnson is capable of making throws that White is not. White might be the more accurate thrower, but Johnson's problem has not been his arm, in my opinion.

Just watched JF3 in warmup. His nickname should be Wild Thing 😕

L O L !!!

JMO but it was not the purpose of the game to day to identify a QB for the Clemson game.....playing touch with the QBs and totally unimaginative play calling and no real attempt to establish a drive or philosophy for the offense. I mean, do we really think that H backs will be our leading ball carrier when the season starts?

Glad nobody got hurt....and IMO that was the biggest thing to come out of the game.....and the QB decision will not be made before Aug 27 so folks on this board will have over 4 months yet to rally forces behind their favorite candidate.

JF3 for starter.

Based on what? 1 under throw that a receiver did a great job and the DB did a terrible job or the running game that you didn't get to see? He may become the starter because no one seems to want to separate themselves, but to say this now is complete idiocy. Par for the course I suppose.

JF3 for starter.

Based on what? 1 under throw that a receiver did a great job and the DB did a terrible job or the running game that you didn't get to see? He may become the starter because no one seems to want to separate themselves, but to say this now is complete idiocy. Par for the course I suppose.

Emotional

JMO but it was not the purpose of the game to day to identify a QB for the Clemson game.....playing touch with the QBs and totally unimaginative play calling and no real attempt to establish a drive or philosophy for the offense. I mean, do we really think that H backs will be our leading ball carrier when the season starts?

Glad nobody got hurt....and IMO that was the biggest thing to come out of the game.....and the QB decision will not be made before Aug 27 so folks on this board will have over 4 months yet to rally forces behind their favorite candidate.

Pretty vanilla A-Day. Looks like we will have a very good defense but offense is going to be a concern again. Agree that no QB stood out, no receiver stepped up, and i saw nothing today to make me think the offensive woes of the last 2 years have been worked out. Saw no coaching either. Let's wait until fall but I am worried. The QB and receiver play look to be just as bad as last year and the plays and the speed are the same.

JF3 for starter.

Emotional

Me?

2boayx.jpg

mc857c.jpg

JF3 for starter.

In all honesty, bothering to respond to that post was idiocy. You're smarter than that.

Indeed. The impression that I got from A-Day was that it was done because it was an obligation.

Indeed. The impression that I got from A-Day was that it was done because it was an obligation.

Most, if not all, coaches would rather do away with spring game and just have another scrimmage.

Yep it was my fault, I shouldn't have ever said I think SW weakness is stretching the field lol. I forgot on here you have to say SW has no weaknesses!

My bad. And for the record I haven't EVER come after the fact and tried to pile on when two other people are having a disagreement.....You haven't ever for example saw me bump a thread and say tiger88 has a bad attitude.... that seems to behis demeanor every time he posts...also I haven't ever had a problem for saying JJ sucks but it's WWIII for me saying SW deep ball is his biggest weakness in his game...

Anybody on here can say what they want about how I supposedly feel about SW but nobody on here can say I've ever said anything worse than I think he's average to above average and he hasn't played a defense that's good yet and that's the absolute WORSE thing I've ever said about this guy, I've seen some of you talk worse about a junior prospect in high school.....If that upset some of you so bad...I mean,....sorry? I guess.

Manpon? Kleenex? Lighten up man, you're taking things a bit too seriously. If I was bored and had the urge I could debunk most of what you posted here, but I am busy and disinterested in arguing with you. Unlike yourself, I won't make that claim and then go on a multi thread rampage of arguments with half the board.

So busy to argue, yet you have time at 6 A.M. to respond. That makes sense. I don't always agree with Cole, but he is right. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase who are SW fanboys. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase, who are DT fanboys ( Me) and there is the fanbase who doesn't give a crap, they just want everyone to graduate Auburn men. At the end of the day, I believe all factions want what is best for AU and will happily accept whoever Gus picks, as long as they produce.

What does 6 a.m. have to do with anything? My point was I was too busy to argue with cole which is usually a waste of breath. He also has a habit of indicating he doesn't want to argue then gets in atguments on multiple threads and I was ribbing him about that. A thread like this is like cole bait for him to rant.

I'm not sure why you responded with the other stuff, but it is fairly accurate. My response didn't say anything about the legitimacy of his argument. IMO hehas some valid points and some ridiculous stretches in the posts of his I read.

Really? So you think arguing with you is productive as opposed to a waste of breath? You're different how? So you in fact admit that you start the ribbing but if I respond I have a habit of arguing huh? Seems lose/lose on my end to me. And please name ANYTHING I've said in this thread that is just ridiculous. I imagine you won't because you can't but you'll reply and do alot of talking in circles but at the end of the day the question still will be why are you even talking?

Nobody called your name or quoted you and you didn't have anything to add to the topic of discussion. You make my point, apparently because we disagreed about something in the past a while ago (more than likely me not saying SW is amazing because as I pointed out the worse thing I've said is I think he's ok) you felt the need to come in and like on.

My point is you could be arguing with whoever and I'll just read it and move on because if I disagree with someone I'm not carrying that for a month. Hell I'm not stupid if more than one person say it then apparently I need to change the way I come across and I'm trying to do something different but one thing I do know of all people that has had something to say....You are just as abrasive and a hole as I've ever been, and that's a fact

But someone I really respect on here has talked to me and I know he's straight up and just because we disagree he understands that I'm an Auburn man the same as he so I'm going to try to go about things different and that's all I can say or do. I don't have anything to apologize for but I did do some self reflecting. And to be honest I really know football and basketball and I don't want things I say to be disregarded because people don't like me. I want to be a valued member and respected so I'm offering respect to everyone on here. I'm approaching my 30's now I'm maturing. That's all I can say. I'm trying.

I don't expect or want you to change and I am far from your only critic, but you have a lot of friends also, and I enjoy going back and forth with you. You have to admit you often comment how you're not in the mood to argue, then go on a arguing rant, that is what I and a couple of others joked about. For some reason, I am the only one you took offense to. :)

When I said arguing with you is a waste of breath I was referring to the response you made to my post, not arguing in genearal. However, we are both hard to win over, as are many on these boards.

One ridiculous statement you made was that many or most of SW's 15+ yd completions were due to screen passes, unless I misread something. It is also ridiculous the way you overplay the entire fanboy thing. BTW, can we do away with the term "fanboy", or at least use it appropriately. Just because someone prefers SW start doesn't make them some starry eyed "fanboy". I like SW, but would be ok if someone beat him out. Yet you throw the term fanboy around loosely and that is ridiculous to me.

You are a good guy and AU fan to me.

Yep it was my fault, I shouldn't have ever said I think SW weakness is stretching the field lol. I forgot on here you have to say SW has no weaknesses!

My bad. And for the record I haven't EVER come after the fact and tried to pile on when two other people are having a disagreement.....You haven't ever for example saw me bump a thread and say tiger88 has a bad attitude.... that seems to behis demeanor every time he posts...also I haven't ever had a problem for saying JJ sucks but it's WWIII for me saying SW deep ball is his biggest weakness in his game...

Anybody on here can say what they want about how I supposedly feel about SW but nobody on here can say I've ever said anything worse than I think he's average to above average and he hasn't played a defense that's good yet and that's the absolute WORSE thing I've ever said about this guy, I've seen some of you talk worse about a junior prospect in high school.....If that upset some of you so bad...I mean,....sorry? I guess.

Manpon? Kleenex? Lighten up man, you're taking things a bit too seriously. If I was bored and had the urge I could debunk most of what you posted here, but I am busy and disinterested in arguing with you. Unlike yourself, I won't make that claim and then go on a multi thread rampage of arguments with half the board.

So busy to argue, yet you have time at 6 A.M. to respond. That makes sense. I don't always agree with Cole, but he is right. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase who are SW fanboys. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase, who are DT fanboys ( Me) and there is the fanbase who doesn't give a crap, they just want everyone to graduate Auburn men. At the end of the day, I believe all factions want what is best for AU and will happily accept whoever Gus picks, as long as they produce.

What does 6 a.m. have to do with anything? My point was I was too busy to argue with cole which is usually a waste of breath. He also has a habit of indicating he doesn't want to argue then gets in atguments on multiple threads and I was ribbing him about that. A thread like this is like cole bait for him to rant.

I'm not sure why you responded with the other stuff, but it is fairly accurate. My response didn't say anything about the legitimacy of his argument. IMO hehas some valid points and some ridiculous stretches in the posts of his I read.

Really? So you think arguing with you is productive as opposed to a waste of breath? You're different how? So you in fact admit that you start the ribbing but if I respond I have a habit of arguing huh? Seems lose/lose on my end to me. And please name ANYTHING I've said in this thread that is just ridiculous. I imagine you won't because you can't but you'll reply and do alot of talking in circles but at the end of the day the question still will be why are you even talking?

Nobody called your name or quoted you and you didn't have anything to add to the topic of discussion. You make my point, apparently because we disagreed about something in the past a while ago (more than likely me not saying SW is amazing because as I pointed out the worse thing I've said is I think he's ok) you felt the need to come in and like on.

My point is you could be arguing with whoever and I'll just read it and move on because if I disagree with someone I'm not carrying that for a month. Hell I'm not stupid if more than one person say it then apparently I need to change the way I come across and I'm trying to do something different but one thing I do know of all people that has had something to say....You are just as abrasive and a hole as I've ever been, and that's a fact

But someone I really respect on here has talked to me and I know he's straight up and just because we disagree he understands that I'm an Auburn man the same as he so I'm going to try to go about things different and that's all I can say or do. I don't have anything to apologize for but I did do some self reflecting. And to be honest I really know football and basketball and I don't want things I say to be disregarded because people don't like me. I want to be a valued member and respected so I'm offering respect to everyone on here. I'm approaching my 30's now I'm maturing. That's all I can say. I'm trying.

I don't expect or want you to change and I am far from your only critic, but you have a lot of friends also, and I enjoy going back and forth with you. You have to admit you often comment how you're not in the mood to argue, then go on a arguing rant, that is what I and a couple of others joked about. For some reason, I am the only one you took offense to. :)/>

When I said arguing with you is a waste of breath I was referring to the response you made to my post, not arguing in genearal. However, we are both hard to win over, as are many on these boards.

One ridiculous statement you made was that many or most of SW's 15+ yd completions were due to screen passes, unless I misread something. It is also ridiculous the way you overplay the entire fanboy thing. BTW, can we do away with the term "fanboy", or at least use it appropriately. Just because someone prefers SW start doesn't make them some starry eyed "fanboy". I like SW, but would be ok if someone beat him out. Yet you throw the term fanboy around loosely and that is ridiculous to me.

You are a good guy and AU fan to me.

No I never said that about SW as far as screen passes. And when I say fan boy I'm talking about the people that literally get upset if you don't crown SW king. For example if I say the weak part of SW game is his deep ball and a person gets offended....the individuals I've called fanboys you'd be hard press to show me they're not, and I don't refer to every person that likes SW as a fan boy

Well, a lot of us think any of the QB's could start, but White and JJ are further along than JFIII. JJ is bigger and has a better deep ball. Sean has plenty of zip on the ball and appears to have the confidence, and perhaps toughness that JJ seems to lack. I'd love to see JJ lower his head and run over a LB, then get up and stand over him. That competitive fire might just be what he needs to get going. I'd have no problem with him leading the team.

Archived