New QB Spring Leaders

bikeriderga

Big shout out to logan adams for doubling down on every single inaccurate talking point that was ever uttered about Gus Malzahn's offense. I mean, my goodness, you're breathtakingly wrong, but you are sticking to your guns despite very heavy return fire. There's something to be said for that kind of moxie.

Gotta admire it

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched that youtube video linked earlier of the '99 Auburn vs uga game. Poor Ben Leard, He ran like a chest freezer was strapped on his back. And could not break a window pane throwing a ball against it. No wonder Auburn lost that game.

LOL anyone saying I'm clueless based on my judgments of Sean White just not have watched Auburn football last year.

Gus excels in a zone-read offense. We don't need for Gus to mold his offense based around the QB which seems like what everyone on here is saying. We need to have a QB to fit the mold of a zone-read offense. JJ is undoubtedly better than SW at that. I'd prefer that we get JF3 to get the start anyway over them, but he seems to have some issues on his deep passes. Hmmmmmm.... If that doesn't sound familiar to back in 2013...... (Nick Marshall)

Gus excels in a zone-read offense? What is that even supposed to mean? You seem to be one of those folks who looked at Nick Marshall in 2013 and for some reason (or no reason at all really) come to the conclusion that "the Malzahn offense" is based on the zone read. It isn't. In fact, just about every word of "We don't need for Gus to mold his offense based around the QB which seems like what everyone on here is saying. We need to have a QB to fit the mold of a zone-read offense" is the opposite of reality for the entire time Gus Malzahn has been coaching offense.

No offense intended, but my opinion is that you have basically no idea what the heck you're talking about.

Yep it was my fault, I shouldn't have ever said I think SW weakness is stretching the field lol. I forgot on here you have to say SW has no weaknesses!

My bad. And for the record I haven't EVER come after the fact and tried to pile on when two other people are having a disagreement.....You haven't ever for example saw me bump a thread and say tiger88 has a bad attitude.... that seems to behis demeanor every time he posts...also I haven't ever had a problem for saying JJ sucks but it's WWIII for me saying SW deep ball is his biggest weakness in his game...

Anybody on here can say what they want about how I supposedly feel about SW but nobody on here can say I've ever said anything worse than I think he's average to above average and he hasn't played a defense that's good yet and that's the absolute WORSE thing I've ever said about this guy, I've seen some of you talk worse about a junior prospect in high school.....If that upset some of you so bad...I mean,....sorry? I guess.

Manpon? Kleenex? Lighten up man, you're taking things a bit too seriously. If I was bored and had the urge I could debunk most of what you posted here, but I am busy and disinterested in arguing with you. Unlike yourself, I won't make that claim and then go on a multi thread rampage of arguments with half the board.

So busy to argue, yet you have time at 6 A.M. to respond. That makes sense. I don't always agree with Cole, but he is right. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase who are SW fanboys. There is definitely a faction of the fanbase, who are DT fanboys ( Me) and there is the fanbase who doesn't give a crap, they just want everyone to graduate Auburn men. At the end of the day, I believe all factions want what is best for AU and will happily accept whoever Gus picks, as long as they produce.

What does 6 a.m. have to do with anything? My point was I was too busy to argue with cole which is usually a waste of breath. He also has a habit of indicating he doesn't want to argue then gets in atguments on multiple threads and I was ribbing him about that. A thread like this is like cole bait for him to rant.

I'm not sure why you responded with the other stuff, but it is fairly accurate. My response didn't say anything about the legitimacy of his argument. IMO hehas some valid points and some ridiculous stretches in the posts of his I read.

Really? So you think arguing with you is productive as opposed to a waste of breath? You're different how? So you in fact admit that you start the ribbing but if I respond I have a habit of arguing huh? Seems lose/lose on my end to me. And please name ANYTHING I've said in this thread that is just ridiculous. I imagine you won't because you can't but you'll reply and do alot of talking in circles but at the end of the day the question still will be why are you even talking?

Nobody called your name or quoted you and you didn't have anything to add to the topic of discussion. You make my point, apparently because we disagreed about something in the past a while ago (more than likely me not saying SW is amazing because as I pointed out the worse thing I've said is I think he's ok) you felt the need to come in and like on.

My point is you could be arguing with whoever and I'll just read it and move on because if I disagree with someone I'm not carrying that for a month. Hell I'm not stupid if more than one person say it then apparently I need to change the way I come across and I'm trying to do something different but one thing I do know of all people that has had something to say....You are just as abrasive and a hole as I've ever been, and that's a fact

But someone I really respect on here has talked to me and I know he's straight up and just because we disagree he understands that I'm an Auburn man the same as he so I'm going to try to go about things different and that's all I can say or do. I don't have anything to apologize for but I did do some self reflecting. And to be honest I really know football and basketball and I don't want things I say to be disregarded because people don't like me. I want to be a valued member and respected so I'm offering respect to everyone on here. I'm approaching my 30's now I'm maturing. That's all I can say. I'm trying.

https://auburn.n.rivals.com/news/lashlee-not-ruling-out-naming-starting-qb-after-spring

“I’d like to think we’re in much better shape,” Lashlee said. “Sean is healthy (and) he wasn’t healthy after the fourth quarter of the Arkansas game. It was a bad, nagging injury. That makes him a different person because he’s not a bad athlete. Everybody remembers him pulling the ball and running 40 yards against Mississippi State, extending the plays like he did against Kentucky. I think that has helped his confidence.

“Obviously with Jeremy I’ve been impressed with the way he’s handled everything. To come back and earn his teammates trust and everything, has been really impressive. I feel like those two guys are in a much better place and have really improved and I’ve liked the way John has picked up things initially. At the end of the day, it won’t really show until we play somebody.”

Lashlee also acknowledged that there’s a reason a school like Auburn signs a junior college quarterback like Franklin and it’s not to sit on the bench.

“You’re right. You don’t bring in a junior college guy in and not expect him to play,” Lashlee said. “I can’t tell you what exactly he’s going to do at this point because he’s still in competition to be the starter. He is a guy that has shown he can handle things. He has some impact player ability so I would expect us find a way for him to help us regardless.”

While he’s not willing to pass along any details, Lashlee has a pretty good idea, based on what he’s seen in 13 spring practices so far, how the depth chart would shake out at quarterback.

“I have in my mind where I'd be right now if we played tomorrow,” Lashlee said. “We don't play until Sept. 3 so I don't have to worry about that right now.”

2009 Auburn. Zone read, no DT QB.

Incorrect. Not one time did the starting QB (Chris Todd) fake a handoff and keep it, which is the Zone Read.

What Todd did was the QB draw, which is what White and Johnson ran on occasion last season.

The only QB in that video that ran the Zone Read was Kodi Burns, who was the designated DT Wildcat QB.

I watched that youtube video linked earlier of the '99 Auburn vs uga game. Poor Ben Leard, He ran like a chest freezer was strapped on his back. And could not break a window pane throwing a ball against it. No wonder Auburn lost that game.

Do you mean '98? We annihilated them in 99.

Incorrect. Not one time did the starting QB (Chris Todd) fake a handoff and keep it, which is the Zone Read.

What Todd did was the QB draw, which is what White and Johnson ran on occasion last season.

The only QB in that video that ran the Zone Read was Kodi Burns, who was the designated DT Wildcat QB.

splitting hairs. My argument is still valid.

How so? All of Gus' offenses that have utilized a pocket passer as his starter have never run the Zone Read.

Trotter ran it once in the 2010 SECCG, but he obviously wasn't the starter.

How so? All of Gus' offenses that have utilized a pocket passer as his starter have never run the Zone Read.

My argument, against Logan's post, was that Gus's offense doesn't need a DT QB and he can be productive with anyone. Your picking out the wrong details.

During the 2009 season, I cut up 2 plays, where Chris Todd carried out a zone read and ran the ball. One was for a loss against West Virginia. I cannot recall the other game but it was for a 9-10 yard gain.

My argument, against Logan's post, was that Gus's offense doesn't need a DT QB and he can be productive with anyone. Your picking out the wrong details.

In the video you posted, Todd did not run the Zone Read.

During the 2009 season, I cut up 2 plays, where Chris Todd carried out a zone read and ran the ball. One was for a loss against West Virginia. I cannot recall the other game but it was for a 9-10 yard gain.

Todd ran the true option a few times in 2009, most notably v bammer in the 4th Q up 21-20 on 2nd & 9 at the bammer 43.

bammer read it like a book. Pitched to Tate. Loss of 7.

Dumbest play-call of Gus' career.

You missed my point completely.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet... especially when you're making us think back more than 15 years :)

Big shout out to logan adams for doubling down on every single inaccurate talking point that was ever uttered about Gus Malzahn's offense. I mean, my goodness, you're breathtakingly wrong, but you are sticking to your guns despite very heavy return fire. There's something to be said for that kind of moxie.

Stay strong Mr. Adams. This site likes to gang tackle in pods. I have been in your position a time or two. They will respect you more for it at the end. That said, I think you're full of crap. :)/>

I will just let this season play out to see if I'm right or wrong. I will always stick to my guns.

As someone else said, if your opinion is unpopular with majority of people here, then you're just flat out wrong. We will see this upcoming season.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet... especially when you're making us think back more than 15 years :)/>

My mistake. Oops.

Just watched a video where they said if it was a game tomorrow from what they heard, seen, and what the coaches said SW would start, jf3 would be next and JJ would be last

Archived