A Day at The Masters

around4ever

Here are only a few of the hundreds of photos I took at The Monday Practice Round. The photos don't show the true beauty of Augusta National. It was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had.

DSC_0970_zpsaxtbwnop.jpg

DSC_0992_zpsllyvavx5.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsnzrex9ca.jpg

DSC_0080_zpseztrjpgx.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsz5u1rjx1.jpg

DSC_0015_zps8tu0s4ei.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsceayms4b.jpg

DSC_0997_zpsfoffmvuu.jpg

DSC_0978_zpsk3xbdskl.jpg

Thanks for the great pix....I had the opportunity to attend a number of tournaments back when I could hike those hills and the place is truly stunning when in full bloom....and it should be in full glory for the weekend.

I went in 97. Heaven

Heaven on earth..........................been a few times. I preferred going on Thursday or Friday. God I love that course. Many many years ago if you got to work the tournament your pay was you could play the course on Monday after the tournament. I tried for 15 years to get a job working it but the list was just to long. So every time I attended a round I would walk all 18 holes and envision playing each hole with my own game.

Thanks so much for posting a4e this has made my day. Did I mention its heaven on earth for a golfer

Heaven on earth..........................been a few times. I preferred going on Thursday or Friday. God I love that course. Many many years ago if you got to work the tournament your pay was you could play the course on Monday after the tournament. I tried for 15 years to get a job working it but the list was just to long. So every time I attended a round I would walk all 18 holes and envision playing each hole with my own game.

Thanks so much for posting a4e this has made my day. Did I mention its heaven on earth for a golfer

My bother in law could get tickets for the Thursday round....went a number of years....got to see Byron Nelson, Gene Sarazen and Sam Snead tee off as the honorary captains in 1999. Gives me chills to think about it even now.

My son was selected in the ticket lottery and was able to purchase 4 tickets for the Monday Practice Round for $65 each. We had a couple of friends who were supposed to go with us but they had to cancel last week. Instead of asking somebody else, he looked at Stub Hub and saw what the tickets were selling for, so he put the two extra tickets on there. They sold in 15 minutes for $400 each. That paid for our tickets, souvenirs, food and gas. The hotel was a Rewards Points at Holiday Inn. I would love to see a tournament day but those tickets are outrageous if you don't get selected in the lottery. A four day pass is minimum of $8000 each. Single day passes are $2000-$2500.

My bother in law could get tickets for the Thursday round....went a number of years....got to see Byron Nelson, Gene Sarazen and Sam Snead tee off as the honorary captains in 1999. Gives me chills to think about it even now.

That would have been so cool to see.

I talked to one of the cross walk tenders for a few minutes. He had multiple friends who had worked the tournament for years. He wrote letters and applied for 10 years. Finally all of his buddies begged the selection committee to let him work 12 years ago. He has worked every year since. I'm sending my application in.

Augusta National is the most beautiful man-made place on the planet in my opinion. I have actually dreamed of playing there several times. I seriously think I would be an emotional wreck if I ever stood on the #1 tee box and knew I would get to play there. The tee shot on #12 is my dream shot. I have thought about trying to sneak in at night from the back of #12 just to hit that shot. Thanks for the pictures!

Augusta National is the most beautiful man-made place on the planet in my opinion. I have actually dreamed of playing there several times. I seriously think I would be an emotional wreck if I ever stood on the #1 tee box and knew I would get to play there. The tee shot on #12 is my dream shot. I have thought about trying to sneak in at night from the back of #12 just to hit that shot. Thanks for the pictures!

You wouldn't make it to the tee box. They have security cameras and motion sensors all around the perimeter with a 24hr security staff stationed around the course not just one security guard asleep in a guard shack. I thought about that too. One of the members that I talked to said it happens all the time.

Archived