2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

10 hours ago, triangletiger said:

That's a lot of 'S'es (esses?), especially if you add in Stidham.

10 hours ago, triangletiger said:

That's a lot of 'S'es (esses?), especially if you add in Stidham.

SUPERMAN!!

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

SUPERMAN!!

We've had at least two players who fairly well fit that description, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Good high light video.  Commentary blah... like a generic OSN (Oprahside)

Please don't tell me you watch that buffoon OSN.

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

I have 4 boys and around high school kids all the time trust me I have seen it all

Man this is my generation but I'm so disappointed in it... Don't even get me started on the music.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, corchjay said:

Good high light video.  Commentary blah... like a generic OSN (Oprahside)

Its too bad these highlights were from his sophomore year instead of a more current highlight.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey Guys,  I appreciate all that support my son on his future endeavors at AU. People are definitely sleeping on him. This will be just the same as he has had to do all his life, which is prove people wrong. People have been confronting us about him being a redshirt, riding the bench and even looking to transfer. If you ask anyone that truly knows my son, they will tell you that he plays like he is 6'2 300 pounds with no fear. Ive seen people attempt to hurt him & with that he has taken some hits that have made me think he was done and he got right back up only to score on the next drive. I say that to say, he isn't coming to AU to lay down. He works tremendously hard and his heart cant be matched. He plays with that chip because he has too and that's why GUS offered him. Ive seen the biggest of the toughest players from our area on top teams that he has played against, come to him after a game & give him props for not backing down and continuing to play tough in any situation. As you learn him, you will know that he has a love for the game itself. His football IQ has been high since a Pee Wee player. He never panics. He remains calm & plays his game. Don't look at his height and assume anything because you will be disappointed. He is a laid back guy, not into the fame just playing the game he loves so much. He makes people a believer because nobody ever believes in him at first glance. There is a story to tell about this kid. He gives others hope that they too can do whatever it is they please. When going to high school nobody really wanted him because they said he was too small, after his sophomore year, he could go where ever he pleased. His 1st high school coach said he would never play D1 ball, and then we played against that coach his senior year. After that game, the coach just hugged him tightly apologizing because he made mistake. At that game he rushed for 235 yards & 3 TD"s. NOBODY tells Shaun Shivers what he cant do, because he will actually do it better. He amazes me all the time. I'm not trying to make you fan, I'm just saying give him a chance before you cross him out. The picture below was captured during the American Heritage game. Pictured is the one of the top DT in the country, Nesta Silvera committed to UM. Worm has a reputation for being tough and standing 10 toes down against anyone. 

image.png

Excuse me, I've got to go bench press some trees and run up a mountain with a Volkswagen on my shoulders. 

Momma, you might not be trying to make us fans, but we're probably going to elect you President of something before August. Fyi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Momma Worm, I am a big fan of you and your son! See what Jared Harper does in AU basketball and I think your son will be like him in AU football. May be small, but plays with heart! You can’t coach heart!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Shivers might be the next Darren Sproles or Lionel James.  

Or the ONLY Shaun Shivers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't really know what to think of Shivers before watching his video but I agree with one assessment made about Shivèrs: Auburn may have gotten the gem in recruiting. One thing for sure he will not be afraid to take a lick...or dish one out. I hope he can stay healthy.

Gonna be a new sheriff in town, and he will reside in AU backfield!

I am excited about this kid along with all the other players in this class, but I got to ask, who from our fanbase is doubting his ability?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am excited about this kid along with all the other players in this class, but I got to ask, who from our fanbase is doubting his ability?

You always have a few naysayers even Auburn

2 hours ago, DAG said:

IMG_1059.GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

You can read it now in main football forum talking about RB in 2018. Not 1 mention of him.  I think that's a mistake. But we will see

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, DAG said:

A lot of Auburn fans tend to get hung up on metrics. Some still think that Brandon Jacobs should've taken more reps from Caddy and Ronnie and that CAP should've taken more of Tre's reps in 2013 because he weighed 5-10 lbs more. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 7:49 AM, McLoofus said:

A lot of Auburn fans tend to get hung up on metrics. Some still think that Brandon Jacobs should've taken more reps from Caddy and Ronnie and that CAP should've taken more of Tre's reps in 2013 because he weighed 5-10 lbs more. 

I think that is one of the primary motivators behind the Whitlow hype...

hiding.gif