Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm not worried about Defensive End play, and we will only need one LB to step up and play a good enough game to win. Next.

DE covers the RB on pass plays where the RB doesn't have to pass block. I saw Marlon Davidson struggle with this in A-day. I'm sure he'll be better but he'll be going up against seasoned talent. Carl is the Buck and I'm not as worried about that side.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone know what Clemson's OL will look like? Sounds like they have a good 1st string DL with little experience backing them up, which we could potentially wear down over the course of the game.

Their DL is going to be a lot of new faces.....they lost their most experienced guy yesterday to a broken foot

39 minutes ago, Plaric said:

Their DL is going to be a lot of new faces.....they lost their most experienced guy yesterday to a broken foot

Bryant wasn't a returning starter. They still were returning 2 starters on the DL (both DTs), both way more experienced than Bryant.

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Bryant wasn't a returning starter. They still were returning 2 starters on the DL (both DTs), both way more experienced than Bryant.

Bryant projected to be a starter for them at DE. 

On 7/6/2016 at 1:18 PM, keesler said:

Dabo has a way of really pushing his players & coaches when they go up against SEC teams. It's an accomplishment to field a team that can go toe to toe with the best of the SEC (and I don't mean the annual SoCarl game.) Dabo got out coached in his last SEC match-up on the nations biggest stage. He'll be out for blood in JHS...I know our players will be up to the task, I just hope our coaches will be as well.

Auburn has chance to beat a national championship caliber team on our home field. If Auburn lays an egg in this one then Gus needs to have his a$$ lit up along with the other coaches

NO EXCUSES

Too often people look at games for the current year and make predictions based off last year results. In college, players come and go so teams change every year. 

Do we have a chance against Clemson.. Yes. While they have an excellent QB he alone can not win the game. I think of the the North Carolina South Carolina opener last year. On paper UNC should of won the game. They had a superior QB. 

Thing is it takes more than one player and also last years results don't mean nothing for this year (unless you're bama). They have quite a few underclass men on the O and D lines. The trenches is were the game is won, so yes we have a chance.

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Who was that tool?

Not sure who he is but I watched one of his videos a couple years ago looking for FSU vs Clemson game on youtube. This particular video tricked me because it popped up after watching malzahns talk with the media. I saw the AU sign and thought it was something about the campus.

Figured it would fire folks up a little.

So, I live in Charlotte and I took my kids to Carowinds today, (had a blast by the way,) and I run into a Clemson fan so I try to be cordial and said "big game coming up soon (i was wearing an Auburn t-shirt ) and he was like" who, Auburn? We're going to win by 30 easily." The conversation went on a couple minutes about how we couldn't win 6 games in the acc, how  they've destroyed us the last 2 times we've played, etc...all the while I'm thinking,  sounds like a Gump to me!  I really want to beat clempson just so I can rub it in their face as I put up  the flags around the house and on the car. IGTBAAT! War Eagle !! 

7 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Read my post again.

Certainly.

My post still clarified that which you didn't specifically state.

So with updated rosters I just let the game play on NCAA 14... AU 30 Clem 24... Jf3 was only 7-17 passing for 70 yds. But ran for 125 and AU ran for 280 total. Clemson had more first downs and total yds but our D forced 3 To's and one was a pick 6 by Rudy. I sim watched it. It was a heck of a game to sit and watch even on playstation lol. Carl had a sack and FF. 

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

So with updated rosters I just let the game play on NCAA 14... AU 30 Clem 24... Jf3 was only 7-17 passing for 70 yds. But ran for 125 and AU ran for 280 total. Clemson had more first downs and total yds but our D forced 3 To's and one was a pick 6 by Rudy. I sim watched it. It was a heck of a game to sit and watch even on playstation lol. Carl had a sack and FF. 

That should do, why even play the game Sept 3rd? I usually update my roster every year but hadn't had time to research the best for this year. Any good ones out yet (that may work for 360)..

Well this should help link

Clemson will be without its top pass rusher when it opens the season against Auburn.

Sophomore Austin Bryant underwent surgery to repair a broken bone in his right foot Tuesday morning, according to reports. He will be out for at least one month.

Bryant played in 13 games last season as a freshman behind All-ACC end Shaq Lawson. Bryant finished the season with 35 tackles and 1.5 sacks, the best total among defensive ends returning to the team.

Clemson lost nearly 25 combined sacks when Lawson and Kevin Dodd left for the NFL Draft in the offseason. Clemson finished the 2015 season as the national runner-up following a 45-40 loss to Alabama in the College Football Playoff final.

10 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Certainly.

My post still clarified that which you didn't specifically state.

" Bryant wasn't a returning starter. " is a FACT.

" They still were returning 2 starters on the DL (both DTs), both way more experienced than Bryant. " is a FACT.

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

" Bryant wasn't a returning starter. " is a FACT.

" They still were returning 2 starters on the DL (both DTs), both way more experienced than Bryant. " is a FACT.

:clap: I never refuted your facts. Simply stated that he was projected to be a starter at DE for them.  - FACT

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

:clap: I never refuted your facts. Simply stated that he was projected to be a starter at DE for them.  - FACT

I've noted countless times on this forum Bryant not only was going to start, not only was he was their best DE, but filled in for Shaq Lawson v OU and had a big game.

In other words, your post is ANCIENT news.

4 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I've noted countless times on this forum Bryant not only was going to start, not only was he was their best DE, but filled in for Shaq Lawson v OU and had a big game.

In other words, your post is ANCIENT news.

Oh well in that case I'll take your word for it that you were THE FIRST to point out him as a potential starter. Also, noted that you're THAT guy to take offense to an otherwise harmless original post.

20 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Oh well in that case I'll take your word for it that you were THE FIRST to point out him as a potential starter. Also, noted that you're THAT guy to take offense to an otherwise harmless original post.

I corrected Plaric on his post. You added ANCIENT news, assuming I didn't know. Assumption is...

Never used the word "potential" with Bryant.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/152024-two-thousand-yard-rushers/#comment-2509494

Archived