Ideal QB Situation

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Then explain to me why he looked like a completely different player in that game than he did in the 4 games he played totally healthy?  He just magically lost his ability to play?  Don't tell me that Memphis was just that much better than Arkansas, because I'm not buying that.

Yes, some of his mistakes were because he was a red shirt freshman on a big stage, but he didn't play nearly to the level he did in earlier games in the season.

Oh okay, the rest of his mistakes were only because he was a redshirt freshman. When he was doing well it wasn't because he was a redshirt freshman but when he didn't do well, it was because he was a redshirt freshman. Is that how it works now?

Just now, DAG said:

Look at 1:03-1:20. Those are just bad passes. PERIOD.

-Injuries

-He was a redshirt freshman. 

-drops

Say all three ten times each and watch as your dissonance fades away. If that doesn't work, try throwing in "Lashlee sucks" five times. At that point, you should be back to "SW the great" again.

And let this be known that I do not have a dislike for SW. If anything, I expect him to be great and with that comes the appropriate criticism. If you want SW to be elite, then we have to be fair and accurate with our evaluation of him. Does SW show a flare of being great? YES. He also has shown that he can be very careless with the ball.

Wow... haters out in force today.  You'd think you guys were fans of another team the way you are grasping for reasons to say Sean sucks.  Hey @McLoofus, want to break out your Sean White highlight reel that has video proof that he can actually play QB, again, or do you think it would just be a waste of time?

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Wow... haters out in force today.  You'd think you guys were fans of another team the way you are grasping for reasons to say Sean sucks.  Hey @McLoofus, want to break out your Sean White highlight reel that has video proof that he can actually play QB, again, or do you think it would just be a waste of time?

Again, nobody said he couldn't play. Nobody says he sucks. Anybody can put a highlight tape together of someone's best plays. However, he has crap he needs to work on. He isn't proven. He has potential, but everyone has potential at this level of football.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

To be fair, we're all definitely wasting our time :) 

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh snap we are busting out the highlight reels now! 

Things just got real.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Oh snap we are busting out the highlight reels now! 

Things just got real.

realistically, does SW even have a college highlight reel?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

realistically, does SW even have a college highlight reel?

About as much of one as JJ does I reckon. Heck, not many current Auburn players could muster much of a highlight reel. 

Let's hope that changes in 2016 shall we?

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

About as much of one as JJ does I reckon. Heck, not many current Auburn players could muster much of a highlight reel. 

Who cares about JJ? JJ will NOT be starting this year. Why you guys keep bringing him up is beyond me. SW is probably going to start this year, therefore he needs to wrap this QB competition up. At this point, it is looking more and more like we are going to need a band-aid this year.

Just now, DAG said:

Who cares about JJ? JJ will NOT be starting this year. Why you guys keep bringing him up is beyond me. SW is probably going to start this year, therefore he needs to wrap this QB competition up. At this point, it is looking more and more that we are going to need a band aid this year,

I don't think you know that for certain. I'm of the opinion SW gets the nod on opening day, but that's what it is for all of us right now...complete and utter speculation.

8 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

A very important and telling fact regarding last year, but many around here will go on ignoring it and its significance. 

And when that does change in 2016- with our 2 best RBs starting the season, somebody at center who has played the position before, sophomores instead of freshmen at HB and TE, a couple of rotten eggs no longer on the field or in the locker room, QB1 starting the season having gotten QB1 reps in practice, more talent at WR to negate the lost experience- those same many will be surprised that Gus suddenly remembered how to call plays. 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

I don't think you know that for certain. I'm of the opinion SW gets the nod on opening day, but that's what it is for all of us right now...complete and utter speculation.

Let me rephrase this. Unless JJ completely does an 180 on his psyche and SW/JF3 does completely horrendous in fall camp, he will not be starting. I do not think he will be getting the benefit of a doubt unless there are some uncontrollable circumstances ALAS injuries.  Now, potential wise, he is well more suited to be an elite QB than the other two based on my observations. He has a much higher ceiling than the others, but that means nothing if your confidence is broken. SW, on the other hand, should've outrightly won the QB position by now, IMO. He hasn't, which is a concern for me. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Really? O line play was the problem? 

JJ threw 3 picks before that happened.

Did you notice the seam route ? It looks like Duke was open on his inside shoulder for a completion, if not an outright TD. Maybe there is too much throwing to a predetermined receiver going on by everybody ? 

34 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Did you notice the seam route ? It looks like Duke was open on his inside shoulder for a completion, if not an outright TD. Maybe there is too much throwing to a predetermined receiver going on by everybody ? 

Heck, if he tucks it he has about 10-15 yds up the middle easy. :)

Enough speculation though. 

Yeah loof I know, the thing is me and you disagree on some fine print type stuff so I'm usually not talking about you but I ALWAYS use some because I think you remember even though we disagreed how people would over react and get upset and I believe some threads were like 8 pages. Now there aren't as many but it's still quite a few

And lion as far as you, you love to operate what we in the nuclear industry call OOPS space you feel you can easily say what sw can do if he had the opportunity but in the same breath very easily say what jj can't do. Someone who thinks like me and whose occupation is one such as mine can't understand that logic

Lastly the fact that you never recognize the opponent's he played leads me to feel you'll make any excuse as well. For instance I know lsu defense is better than Kentucky but you've never seen me say he couldn't carve up lsu, I'm just saying that's a variable that can't be denied and makes me not feel definite. I've may have missed it but I've never seen you do that. I just see you get defensive any time as get any criticism

48 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

You didn't see how mad Gus when jj passed duke for the first td against Louisville? That's probably why

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You didn't see how mad Gus when jj passed duke for the first td against Louisville? That's probably why

Could be, I do have a vague recollection of that.  When an athlete starts 2nd guessing too much they can lose their instinct. If that happens you end up with robots out there. You see it with hitting slumps in baseball all the time.

Personally, I'm glad to see some people in JJ's corner. I have my doubts that he will be the starter, but I don't remember anyone going to bat for him during spring training. At the end of the day, however, I think Franklin is most likely to be the starter this season. I expect his athleticism will win out over everything, and he'll either do well enough to secure the spot for two seasons (a la Nick Marshall) or be replaced by Woody Barrett at some point in 2017. Time will tell.

Archived