Ideal QB Situation

tigerbrotha12

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Not surprising...throwing ability was really bad at A-Day.  No zip, no accuracy, long delivery time.

I'm rooting for JF3. Kid has been working hard this summer. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

me too, but my heart sank when I saw him throw.

idk why, but I just have this sneaking suspicion (or maybe just hope) that JF3 is one of those guys that plays differently in a game than he does in practice. His highlight tapes (and yes, I understand those are highlights and don't show the bad throws) have quite a few plays where he shows that he has the ability to stretch the field vertically.

I definitely would like to see him go live against a defense, because that is where I think JF3 will shine. I'm glad to hear that he is working his butt off, because that's what winning in the SEC is going to take.

On July 23, 2016 at 10:52 AM, AUIH1 said:

Based on what has been posted here and other places JJ was never put in a real game like situation in practice at all last year before the real games started.  Heck, Muschamp  complained about how soft our practices were.  If I am not mistaken, Nick Marshall was live on occasion prior to the 2013 season.  

wde

If JJ was put in live scrimmage and injured Gus would have been castrated in public at toomers corner. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

If JJ was put in live scrimmage and injured Gus would have been castrated in public at toomers corner. 

He was put in live situations in previous years and performed OK.  I know what happened to Jeremy.  At some point prior to the season Muschamp talked to him, breathed on him, or rubbed up against him.  That's the only conclusion that makes sense.  We all know Muschamp is a QB killer and his funk rubbed off.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

He was put in live situations in previous years and performed OK.  I know what happened to Jeremy.  At some point prior to the season Muschamp talked to him, breathed on him, or rubbed up against him.  That's the only conclusion that makes sense.  We all know Muschamp is a QB killer and his funk rubbed off.

JJ can't read a defense and does not like to get hit. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The ideal situation would be.........

#4 -  The freshman receivers come in ready to roll and Sean becomes the leader Gus wants him to be. And Sean White never looks back. 

Told yesterday that JF3 is still struggling throwing the ball. Makes Nick Marshall look like Payton Manning. 

But he's so fast...

#itsalmostonlyAugust

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is 100% correct 

Just wow. That's some pretty bad coaching tonot put your QB in game like situations.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He's been working hard since he committed last October.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

But he's so fast...

#itsalmostonlyAugust

This can all be resolved if SW would step up.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This can all be resolved if SW would step up.

And the coaches get behind him.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

And the coaches get behind him.

Which coaches aren't behind SW?

wde

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The ideal situation would be.........

#4 -  The freshman receivers come in ready to roll and Sean becomes the leader Gus wants him to be. And Sean White never looks back. 

Told yesterday that JF3 is still struggling throwing the ball. Makes Nick Marshall look like Payton Manning. 

I think you're right. This incoming receiving corps better be as good or better than advertised. Talented freshmen receivers can make a huge impact. I look forward to hearing about their progress. 

I also feel SW will be the man with JF3 getting a few wildcat snaps.

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Gus still is not 100%

Due to the "leadership" thing or something talent wise?

wde

Gus' issues with Sean haven't been so much from on field performance rather his off field habits. He wants him to step up as a leader. That said, as of now, SW is been told he'said the #1 guy going into fall camp. 

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus' issues with Sean haven't been so much from on field performance rather his off field habits. He wants him to step up as a leader. That said, as of now, SW is been told he'said the #1 guy going into fall camp. 

My mistake. Apologies to the board for my misinterpretation.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My mistake. Apologies to the board for my misinterpretation.

No need to apologize.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I said something on here before about his demeanor on the sidlines & something along the lines that he came off as arrogant & cocky...basically was flamed for it. This makes more sense now. He seems like a "me" guy to me & not so much a leader. JMO. Hopefully that'll change. 

7 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I said something on here before about his demeanor on the sidlines & something along the lines that he came off as arrogant & cocky...basically was flamed for it. This makes more sense now. He seems like a "me" guy to me & not so much a leader. JMO. Hopefully that'll change. 

My understanding is the leadership issues is off the field where he likes to enjoy himself while Gus wants him to be more serious about football off the field.

As for him as a teammate which is the theme of your post I've heard he's always willing to throw with the boys & motivates guys in the weight room. He appears to be a good teammate in that the entire offensive personnel likes him a lot. Lastly most QBs are cocky on some level. That does not make them me guys & not team guys. Peyton Manning is a perfect example. He was cocky when it came to his football accumen within the league because he was talented & worked his ass off try learn & know everything he could but was a team player too. Tom Brady is another one FWIW.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Got it.  Thanks.

wde

6 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

It may appear that way, but it's not true. As E mentioned, Gus  wants SW to be more serious.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Arrogant and cocky might actually work. 

I believe it's something we desperately need.

Archived