***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is one of the most embarrassing offensive games in Gus's tenure, I hate to say it but if he doesn't do a complete 360 pretty quickly early in the season he won't have a job by midseason. I'm sorry this is not the Clemson D from last year and we have under 40 total yards in the 1st half 

You do realize a 360 puts you right back where you started, right?

• Like 4

Just now, AlaskanFAN said:

Alabama has a true freshman ripping USC right now at QB

He's not playing behind our OL however....:)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

At least I can say this...We held Clemson to 10 points in the first half. Can I get a raise of hands who saw this coming?

I figured we'd hold them to around 30. I never figured we'd snap it to FOUR people in the first quarter and end up with less than 40 yards in the first half. I think it's safe to say we can't judge ANY of the QBs on this game. At this point I think they'd all be better off transferring. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Bird, would you elaborate on "in phase"? Pretty sure I know what you mean but not familiar with the lingo. Do you mean while running with/covering a man? 

In phase usually refers to the dB running with the receiver. Think Hip to hip. Out of phase means the dB is in a trail technique. While in phase a dB should read the receivers eyes  and be able to turn and look for the ball. While out of phase, the dB needS to get to the receiver and if the ball comes, play the ball through the hands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is one of the most embarrassing offensive games in Gus's tenure, I hate to say it but if he doesn't do a complete 360 pretty quickly early in the season he won't have a job by midseason. I'm sorry this is not the Clemson D from last year and we have under 40 total yards in the 1st half 

I hear you, but he isn't getting fired mid-season.  Especially if our D can sustain this level.  We have to stretch the field vertically to loosen up some run lanes, but can't due to our tackles getting whipped on almost every play

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Clemson a better team than AU...but does not mean we can't win the game.      Offense can't possibly play worse than it has thus far.

38 yards of offense.

1 rushing yard.

THAT IS AWFUL.

Our offensive players are not this much worse than Clemson's defensive players. I hate to say it, b/c I LIKE Gus, but this is all on him. He has had more than enough time to know what he has to work with. It seems like his only answer to the need to adapt to different personnel is to throw some stupid gimmick play in. We have enough good players on this offense to at least move the ball some.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

In phase usually refers to the dB running with the receiver. Think Hip to hip. Out of phase means the dB is in a trail technique. While in phase a dB should read the receivers eyes  and be able to turn and look for the ball. While out of phase, the dB needS to get to the receiver and if the ball comes, play the ball through the hands.

Awesome. Thanks man. 

Hey boys war eagle we still in this and i wholeheartedly believe we are still in this game. O comes in 2nd half makes a few a plays and we got this game! I'm a little lit, but thats okay. I believe in this team WAR F EAGLE baby!!!!

33 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we need to stop blaming solitary incidents on the entire program collapsing. How often does that happen with other programs? Will giving a couple of guys passes end the team every time? I don't want to name any names, but we've played 2 top 10 programs recently that have had high profile incidents, and just had faith in their guys for the sake of the teams. It'd be nice to try that right now

It'd be nice for the guys to put the team first and stop with the stupid stuff. They let the team down not the coach that enforced the rules the individual knew about. 

• Like 1