***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

DB's have been in good position The back shoulder throw is almost impossible to stop.  Need more pressure on Watson so that throw is not in perfect position.

• Like 1

At least I can say this...We held Clemson to 10 points in the first half. Can I get a raise of hands who saw this coming?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Defense is playing a hell of a game..Offense is a joke.

Joke is being too nice. Entire offensive coaching job is a joke. Every single position.  If they don't fix this in extreme measures at halftime, don't expect more than 10 points in the 2cnd half sans defense scoring. Play calling improving could change a TON. OTHERWISE, no sense in watching this season expecting any success if this is what we can expect out of the O. 

Clemson a better team than AU...but does not mean we can't win the game.      Offense can't possibly play worse than it has thus far.

This is one of the most embarrassing offensive games in Gus's tenure, I hate to say it but if he doesn't do a complete 360 pretty quickly early in the season he won't have a job by midseason. I'm sorry this is not the Clemson D from last year and we have under 40 total yards in the 1st half 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I do like how we are hitting Watson when he runs

I agree.  Keep hitting him hard every time he tages off.  We are a step away from getting to him on the rush.  Need a couple of shots on him in 3rd and long too to keep him from getting in a groove 

Mixed emotions for me.

Defense is playing great, but it seems like Gus and our offensive players have never practiced or even met each other before and this game is the first time Gus is seeing what he actually has on the roster.

I just don't understand the offensive system we are running, but I sure hope Gus makes dramatic changes in how he runs our offense for the second half.

Regardless a 10-3 halftime score isn't bad, and we at least have a good chance in the 2nd.

If we had something that even REMOTELY resembled an attempt at an offense, we'd be winning.  Name White the starter, give him stupid plays to run, yank him out, put JJ in and let him get confident and in a rhythm, and then take him out.  Makes total sense.  Sun Belt teams' offenses have looked better.  Why is it so hard for us?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The back shoulder throw is the hardest pass to defend when thrown correctly. There is no way, if in phase, for a corner to defend it.

Bird, would you elaborate on "in phase"? Pretty sure I know what you mean but not familiar with the lingo. Do you mean while running with/covering a man? 

14 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

It's a shame we struggle on offense when we have, or are supposed to have, a great offensive mind as our head coach. I see another season like last year but with great defense that we will just waste.

Supposed to have. Lane Kiffin is 1000x the offensive coach Gus is. As much as I cant stand the guy, its very obvious. 

Jacobs needs to get his head right...Gus already costed us the National Championship with stupid play calls and he has done the same since.

• Like 2