***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, WFE12 said:

But of course he's done this against jacksonville st. so it doesn't matter what he does

I don't know what it'll take for Gus to get fired this year honestly. I'm guessing sub 7 wins. I can't even say that seems likely because 3 of the next 5 teams we play, lost today. So we're in the same boat as them probably. 7 wins is still realistic, even though that'd be personally enough to ask him to leave

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

New coaches same DB penalties that extend drives.  

Makes you wonder how difficult it is to play the position, huh?

• Like 2

Right now, there has to be an adjustment at the half. Defensively, you don't want to overcompensate with Williams and do too much to cover him because they want that. That's when the other weapons come alive. They've got to remain balanced and the nickel and a corners have to do better covering him. Deshaun has been somewhat tamed, but I don't think he needed to leap out, because they really seem like they're pacing themselves and resting this on the defense.

Just now, AUBwins said:

I do like how we are hitting Watson when he runs

Oh hell yeah! It is refreshing to see QBs actually paying when they got out of the pocket. Haven't seen that since Tuberville days

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

On the bright side, if anyone had told me AU would be within four points at 7-3 at this point in the game, I'd have gladly taken it. Our Tigers ain't out of this thing and AU's defense *is* better than the last few years for sure.

It's possible that our offense is worse, tho.

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Mike Williams taking them DB's to school. 

The back shoulder throw is the hardest pass to defend when thrown correctly. There is no way, if in phase, for a corner to defend it.