***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Anyone who thinks this offense is because of the OL or the QB has never watched football. 

This terrible offense lies at the feet of our current head coach and current OC. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

...but don't make things worse by swapping QBs out like socks every series...

Who changes socks this often?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just a thought, but maybe we should try running the ball ...consistently 

How can we when the O line can't open a hole?  I don't care what O Gus tries to run or what QB he decides to use, nothing is going to work with this O line play.  You could throw Cam in there and he wouldn't be able to do anything behind that line.

Also fwiw I agree that making sure the O line issues ultimately fall to Gus.  If he can't find someone to fix the problem he needs to go.

Edited by Ed_
  • Like 2

Gotta say. Gus sure appears to be throwing darts. Ita bothersome to me that he clearly had no idea what we could count on for success. He's trying everything, and sticking  with nothing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaxP said:

$20 says Gus opens the 2nd half with some retarded trick play. Any takers?

i'm game because i bet we start by calling time out because the 1st play doesn't come in time.

• Like 3

Just now, Ed_ said:

How can we when the O line can't open a hole?  I don't care what O Gus tries to run or what QB he decides to use, nothing is going to work with this O line play.  You could throw Cam in there and he wouldn't be able to do anything behind that line.

Sounds like a problem for the coaches to solve. No?

Just now, Blacktiger said:

In fairness to Gus, he's only had 8 or 9 months to prepare. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*takes shot of whiskey *

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaxP said:

High probability of a 3rd and 10-15 on first series.  Oh then a bubble screen

2 minutes ago, MaxP said:

No way I take that bet. Slow developing Statue of Liberty play sacked for a ten yard loss. 

• Like 1

Where is Kam Pettway?

Where is the Buck Sweep?

Where is anything that resembles offense?

On the other hand, the Defense is playing great!  I hope Ruffin is OK.  For now, we need to keep Holsey on Williams. They have too many weapons to double him. 

• Like 2

Almost scared to come in here.

How much does Tom Herman want? Hopefully TX A&M and LSU keep their HCs so we will not have much competition. Anyone what to wager on which one of our QBs starts the 2nd half? I'm thinking the walk-on QB...since we're sharing the duties and all. He needs his turn too. 

• Like 2

There are a few issues to deal with, first Williams unfortunately doesn't have much of an answer. He is too long and big to out-physical with pressing, while at the same time you don't want to play catch man and let him just run by you because he has speed. The man is a matchup nightmare defensively. The rest of their offense has been tame, although tame for them would basically be "Good" for us if we had those numbers. Gallman hasn't killed us, Watson is effective but not game-breaking at the moment. The defense doesn't need to overcompensate on Williams though. If that happens then that's when their other weapons come alive and it's what they want, though they'll take the yards they're getting with Williams.

Offensively, it starts up front. If Gus can't start rolling the pocket out, or at least have his linemen pick up blitzes and pass off crosses better. The offensive line is just..... And the run game has to be established. I don't know if Pettway is an option, but he needs to be, because KJ is an off-tackle back that needs space. We can't run him in our closed in running formations, and especially not when the offensive linemen cant even capture an edge against freshmen ends. They're setting edges while the DTs literally crumble the interior line like a can. 

I'm not sure if it's something that can be adjusted because it's unfortunately a BIG issue that's stalling the entire offense.