Will Hastings

AUMASTERS

Thought this was an interesting read on Will Hastings, from Soccer player, to Football player, to preferred walk-on, and some huge props to Kodi (and Coach Horton) for recognizing the kids talent and rewarding him with playing time  http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/the_unorthodox_rise_of_auburns.html#incart_river_index

This kid is going to make some big plays for us before the season is over.  That first catch where he got that first down was nails.  I love Marcus D but he had a similar situation and came up short when it seemed like with more awareness he could have picked it up. 

There are some things that just can't be taught and this kid has it. If he was 6'2 200lbs he could have gone anywhere in the country 

He's gonna be a fan favorite for sure. Definitely has a place on this team and could excell in this offense if we get our heads outta the sand and start playing AU offense again. 

Will "Catch-it" Hastings....:beer2:.   With the WC first two initials having nothing whatsoever to do with Wade Christopher    

9 hours ago, aubinvnam said:

This kid is going to make some big plays for us before the season is over.  That first catch where he got that first down was nails.  I love Marcus D but he had a similar situation and came up short when it seemed like with more awareness he could have picked it up. 

Marcus D did the same thing when he was a freshman 3 or 4 times in the about the highest pressure situation you can be in.....

Will is "tough as nails" and also a heck of a football player!!!

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Marcus D did the same thing when he was a freshman 3 or 4 times in the about the highest pressure situation you can be in.....

You are right.  Will never forget that catch he made against A&M.  Did not mean it as a dig though I guess it kind of was.  The kid is a great player for sure.  Hope he balls out this year.

Maybe a skeptical someone on here now understands why a walk-on was awarded a scholarship. Hastings not only has the talent but better yet he has the desire. When those two things come together then watch out. He's going to be fun to watch. 

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Will Hastings for Heisman 

It's not gonna be easy beating out Carlson for that award. A kicker whos averaging a touchdown every other game? Gonna be hard to beat that

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Maybe a skeptical someone on here now understands why a walk-on was awarded a scholarship. Hastings not only has the talent but better yet he has the desire. When those two things come together then watch out. He's going to be fun to watch. 

I think the problem about this past season's awarding schollies to walk-ons had to do with how many and not who.  Young men like Hastings are 100% inspirational and it looks like Hastings may be a diamond in the rough.  I thoroughly enjoy watching Hastings play and I think he can be an important weapon for our O all year.

wde

Archived