T J Neal

tigeraddikt

It would make you think wtf was up with last years coaching

but behind lance and Muschamp you'd think our current starting LB group would have seen the field much more last year 

t-will has done a great job with these young guys, for sure. Great to see our LBers making plays on the run and pass. 

37 minutes ago, Charhair said:

It would make you think wtf was up with last years coaching

but behind lance and Muschamp you'd think our current starting LB group would have seen the field much more last year 

t-will has done a great job with these young guys, for sure. Great to see our LBers making plays on the run and pass. 

Sometimes i just think the JR/SR experience tag is a bit overrated. If a player is better...play him.

thank you beat-bama1345162851.   you opened the door to one of my pet peeves.  commentators stating "touchdown saving tackle", and with a twist after one said it several times last night regarding the same play, his partner in the box stated "that tackle kept points off the board" (or something to that affect). 

Isn't EVERY tackle a TD saving tackle?  Think about it.  if a tackle isn't made, a touchdown is typically made............   no offense to you beat-bama, but I hate that commentary that is used in almost every game played nowadays................

let's start saying "That pass would have been incomplete if the receiver didn't catch it".  I mean come on, thank you captain obvious!

sorry.  off of my soapbox now.  WDE 

30 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Watching our LB play this year compared to last year just makes me ask why in the blank were these guys on the bench last year.. Light years ahead .. 

Was asking the same thing last year 

I especially noticed him a few times, bc he looked slow. Our other LBs do a great job of playing side to side and tracking down plays that break the LOS on the edge.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Was asking the same thing last year 

32 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Watching our LB play this year compared to last year just makes me ask why in the blank were these guys on the bench last year.. Light years ahead .. 

I was asking the same thing last year too.

33 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I especially noticed him a few times, bc he looked slow. Our other LBs do a great job of playing side to side and tracking down plays that break the LOS on the edge.

I agree, he looks a step slower than the rest of our LBs. He provides quality depth and we needed it after Tre got ejected.

I saw him take a couple of bad angles to #7 not anticipating the speed...but so do a lot of folks. Got a shoestring tackle that cut down a big game later.

While he has played a lot the current LB's had the advantage of playing in an almost identical scheme. He had a still has a learning curve. He will be supplying backup and will get better. I also think our current starting LB's are faster and fit the system a little better. Like many others already stated they should have been given more PT last year.

35 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I saw him take a couple of bad angles to #7 not anticipating the speed...but so do a lot of folks. Got a shoestring tackle that cut down a big game later.

Right. Not knowing who 17 was at the time but my thought was, 'well, Fournette blew right  by that linebacker.' But I did see the same 17 make a nice tackle on Fournette later in the game.

With Davis and the two Williams we have some guys balling at the LB position. TJ is going to have to be content to get just a few rotation snaps, barring an injury.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Is this kid still dressing with the varsity?

"This is a joke (sorta)"

Dressing and played against Arky and had a solo tackle.

He is def a big 10 linebacker. No shot at him at all. Just is not built for the speed of the SEC. I hate it for the kid because hes a senior but when he got in vs LSU I want to say it was I saw why he had been behind all the other guys in the LB rotation. Can not cover ground well.

Twill happened. Our lb coaching this year is light years ahead of Lance Thompson and Co last year. Remember Steele is very good with lbs also. The guys that are playing in front of Neal are more physically gifted and better players that have been coached up.

Archived