2017 3* HB Chase Lasater

ellitor

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm sure if he feels strongly he can veto or push for someone, but the sign of a good leader is the hire the right people and get out of their way so that they can do their jobs.  There is plenty to do, running a SEC football team, without micromanaging every aspect of it.

This is what he needs to do. Whether he does remains to be seen.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is down to Lasater now as Johnson has said he is no longer interested in Auburn as he wants to play LB. We need to let him know soon if we want him or we could end up with nothing.

Or deciding to take a 2nd TE in the class instead which is not nothing.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or deciding to take a 2nd TE in the class instead which is not nothing.

I very seldom disagree with you as when it comes to recruiting I accept that you know more about it than I do.  This late in the recruiting cycle what chance would we have of getting a good TE when we haven't been recruiting one since we signed the JUCO TE. Unless Chip has been recruiting one at AZ and thinks he can convince him to come to Auburn.  Do we have a TE target that we honestly would have a chance on now if we decide not to take Lasater?

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I very seldom disagree with you as when it comes to recruiting I accept that you know more about it than I do.  This late in the recruiting cycle what chance would we have of getting a good TE when we haven't been recruiting one since we signed the JUCO TE. Unless Chip has been recruiting one at AZ and thinks he can convince him to come to Auburn.  Do we have a TE target that we honestly would have a chance on now if we decide not to take Lasater?

I can't answer any of that. I'm just telling you Chip prefers TEs to HBs/FBs. I like em both TBH but I'm not the OC last time I checked.

Don't know if any of you were referring to me as complaining about who we recruit. I assume some of you were, and I could not really care less. My point is that I hate to see a kid go someplace else that is 6'2" or 3, 233lbs straight out of high school, apparently runs in the 4.5 range, and evidently has a pronounced mean streak on the football field. The SEC has been littered with good athletes over the years that we decided for whatever reason did not fit our plan. Did I complain when Tubs did not offer Phillip Rivers from Athens AL? You betcha I did. All that being said, I hope we have room for this young man. I am well aware it will not be the end of the Auburn program if we don't.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I can't answer any of that. I'm just telling you Chip prefers TEs to HBs/FBs. I like em both TBH but I'm not the OC last time I checked.

I'm sorry, E,  I forgot to call you and let you know you didn't get the OC job. Sorry, I couldn't  resist that one.:Sing:

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To be fair. I could be way off here. There could be other factors.

22 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Don't know if any of you were referring to me as complaining about who we recruit. I assume some of you were, and I could not really care less. My point is that I hate to see a kid go someplace else that is 6'2" or 3, 233lbs straight out of high school, apparently runs in the 4.5 range, and evidently has a pronounced mean streak on the football field. The SEC has been littered with good athletes over the years that we decided for whatever reason did not fit our plan. Did I complain when Tubs did not offer Phillip Rivers from Athens AL? You betcha I did. All that being said, I hope we have room for this young man. I am well aware it will not be the end of the Auburn program if we don't.

Couldn't agree more Eagle.  Funny how we had room on the 13th as CGM apparently tried to get an HB/FB commit from TJ.  Now on 23rd we don't have room and we haven't picked up a single commit in that time. I think our people need to tell the truth.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Chip actually had 2 committed to ASU... one is a 4-star. 

14 minutes ago, autan said:

Couldn't agree more Eagle.  Funny how we had room on the 13th as CGM apparently tried to get an HB/FB commit from TJ.  Now on 23rd we don't have room and we haven't picked up a single commit in that time. I think our people need to tell the truth.

If only something major occurred during these dates that could explain this away...

Any chance CL is a back up plan if AU misses on Taylor ? Kid has great film and is just a football player. Would be hell on special teams 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Any chance CL is a back up plan if AU misses on Taylor ? Kid has great film and is just a football player. Would be hell on special teams 

Don't think so

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Its been hinted that there were other problems with Lasater. What kind of issues are we talking here?

I wouldn't call it problems because as far as I know nobody reputable has used the word problems. Things just don't mesh with a kid & school sometimes.

Everyone has an opinion and mine doesn't mean much, but Lassater is already a better player than cox. AU has one kid every year that bites in the ass for not taking them and it will be this kid. 

9 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Everyone has an opinion and mine doesn't mean much, but Lassater is already a better player than cox. AU has one kid every year that bites in the ass for not taking them and it will be this kid. 

I think there are a few people in the Johnston linebacker topic that will argue that he is the kid that this year that will bite us in the ass.

The strange thing is that Lasater said he already knew Lindsey from talking on the phone and being recruited by him while he was at Arizona State.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

This site is PG...:-\

Yeah, I hesitated to hit Submit on that one. Feel free to edit it if needed. I just figured the phrase had been used in the couple of posts prior to mine... so I went with it. I'll take my super-secret probation if necessary.

21 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Yeah, I hesitated to hit Submit on that one. Feel free to edit it if needed. I just figured the phrase had been used in the couple of posts prior to mine... so I went with it. I'll take my super-secret probation if necessary.

The eye roll means you're good & it was a joke my friend.

9 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

What the heck was that?!?!...An uncommitted player essentially decommitting from a commitment he never made...LMAO!

Oh & his tweet is code for AU went in another direction.

Archived