2017 4* WR Oliver Martin

ellitor

8 hours ago, Barnacle said:

But seriously, what's so funny about calling some of these kids "average athletes" is that they really aren't. An average athlete in D1 is an elite athlete in high school.

It's all relative. It's understood that all these kids are elite athletes in HS. But how elite?A lot of these athletes are elite and never make it to Auburn or the SEC. 

Also when I say someone is "more comparable" that's a relative statement too.  If people understood that, the anguish over it would have never existed. 

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Sticking to golf terms jeffy just van de velded it,  i think

I don't know what you're talking about. The chances that it is funny at all to me are slim though so I really don't care.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Also when I say someone is "more comparable" that's a relative statement too.  If people understood that, the anguish over it would have never existed. 

That's cool.

I wasn't responding to you though. Just having some fun. 

I'm always available too. 

White guy, hard working, 6'2 230, competitive s*** talker..taught Marshall Henderson how to Marshall Henderson, slow-footed but sure of myself. Put me in coach.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

White guy, hard working, 6'2 230, competitive s*** talker..taught Marshall Henderson how to Marshall Henderson, slow-footed but sure of myself. Put me in coach.

I want you on my team Jeff, even though I don't really have a team.:dunno:

4-star WR intrigued by Auburn

SAN ANTONIO - Admittedly, 4-star receiver Oliver Martin of Iowa City (Ia.) West Senior is still just getting to know about Auburn, but so far he's intrigued.

The Tigers offered a little more than a week ago.

He now has talked to receivers coach Kodi Burns a few times and the two are starting to build a relationship.

"He seems like a really cool guy, a really knowledgable guy about the position," Martin said. "Seems like he can relate to me a lot because he was not long ago in college playing wide receiver for Auburn. He was on the national championship team."

Auburn has one receiver committed and would like to add one to two more in the class.

The 6-feet, 188-pound Martin is the No. 11 receiver in the 247Sports rankings. Notre Dame and Iowa are considered the favorites, but Martin said there's a good chance Auburn will get an official visit.

What interests him most about the program? What kind of skills would he bring to Auburn?

Martin, who has shined all week during U.S. Army All-American Bowl practices, talks about that and more in this video interview from Texas.

Video Interview

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Compares favorably to a modern day Mickey Zofko.

21 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I want you on my team Jeff, even though I don't really have a team.:dunno:

Champions of life teammates 

:cheers:

2 hours ago, LakeBum said:

I would take another Freddy Weygand!

I was thinking about Weygand when I watched the video. I doubt if most on this forum would remember Freddy but he was a good one

57 minutes ago, autan said:

I was thinking about Weygand when I watched the video. I doubt if most on this forum would remember Freddy but he was a good one

Freddy was also very fast and smooth as silk. If he has Freddy's ability, sign him up now.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Compares favorably to a modern day Mickey Zofko.

Zofko was more of a RB and good receiver out of the backfield. Very good athlete who could do a lot of things well was a good passer as a former QB. I believe KJ would be comparable.

4 hours ago, autan said:

He was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Terry Beasley and was also red headed.  Wasn't as productive as Terry, but was unique for his leaping ability.  Supposedly could stand flat footed and jump on to the top of a VW Beetle.  Of course, I heard Harvey Glance could stand flat footed and jump entirely over a VW Beetle.  Good times.

16 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

He was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Terry Beasley and was also red headed.  Wasn't as productive as Terry, but was unique for his leaping ability.  Supposedly could stand flat footed and jump on to the top of a VW Beetle.  Of course, I heard Harvey Glance could stand flat footed and jump entirely over a VW Beetle.  Good times.

Good times indeed.

3 hours ago, autan said:

Zofko was more of a RB and good receiver out of the backfield. Very good athlete who could do a lot of things well was a good passer as a former QB. I believe KJ would be comparable.

I heard Zofko really liked PBR ?.....

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I heard Zofko really liked PBR ?.....

Actually Zof liked any kind of beer as long as it was free. Good all around player not great but good enough to make an NFL roster back in the good old days

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually Zof liked any kind of beer as long as it was free. Good all around player not great but good enough to make an NFL roster back in the good old days

But there was a great pic of him in "Saturdays to Remember", a book I almost memorized as a young AU fan. " Out to practice early" against Bama I believe. I worshipped that era of AU players. Could (still can) talk along word-for-word with Sanders/Yearout on the 17-16 radio call- freaks my kids out, ha! Ah... good times. But, back to Mr. Martin...

Not that it matters but ESPN has him at 6'-1, 192 running a 4.57  40.  Maybe 247 had junior info or maybe from a different camp?  I know its undecided if Martin even visits but It's going to be interesting to see how that 1/20 OV weekend falls into place. Do we have any OVs for 1/13 since dead period will be over? I would think 1/27 weekend hedges on how it shakes out on 1/20. Critical two weeks for Auburn and a lot of programs. Flipping, flopping, hacking, and fake news. :bananadance:

4 minutes ago, autan said:

Not that it matters but ESPN has him at 6'-1, 192 running a 4.57  40.  Maybe 247 had junior info or maybe from a different camp?  I know its undecided if Martin even visits but It's going to be interesting to see how that 1/20 OV weekend falls into place. Do we have any OVs for 1/13 since dead period will be over? I would think 1/27 weekend hedges on how it shakes out on 1/20. Critical two weeks for Auburn and a lot of programs. Flipping, flopping, hacking, and fake news. :bananadance:

A couple each on 1/13 & 1/27. Can't remember who though.

23 minutes ago, auol72 said:

I think Renfroe last night prooved beyond any doubt the value of a slow, steady, sure handed, precise route running wr, agreed?

I think renfroe and leggett proved the value of shallow crossing routes making LBs play in space and make choices of what to do 

Just now, corchjay said:

I think renfroe and leggett proved the value of shallow crossing routes making LBs play in space and make choices of what to do 

10 out of 10, would read this post again. 

Archived