Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, autigersj said:

When you google Armando, this is the first pic.. So this must the guy!!

Image result for armando

If you hollar out "Armando" in a Miami mall, you'll probably get 10 replies.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wut?

I can get behind this 

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Who is this Armando character?  I like him!

lol when we were trying to and actually hiring Will Muschamp for DC 2 years ago if you guys recall there was a ton of stuff going back and forth about South Carolina hiring him as DC and getting in the way of us hiring CWM. And it was a "done deal" by some random guy on Twitter, who's handle was Armando from Miami, saying South Carolina hired Muschamp as DC and it made it's way back to the board over here. Just trying to reference the absurdity of that moment in time. I expected only a few would remember, though.

But seriously if Spurrier wanted a lower stress job focusing only on OCing and QB coaching maybe it intrigues him. CSS and CGM have a good relationship apparently, might be worth a call at the very least.

13 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Patriots are a pro style based team who ran zone read against the Texans earlier in the season for the win. These coordinators make alot of money to decide how to incorporate formations and schemes to get the win. Not combine the two  but run a certain scheme when needed during a series or drive.

Incorporating a few zone read plays or running a 2 minute offense is not the same thing as what meta is arguing against.

Last 4 seasons under Helfrich and Malzahn:

Oregon 35-17        AU  34-18

2013    11-2                    12-2      AU lost to FSU in the NC 34-31

2014    13-2                     8-5      Oregon lost OSU in the NC game 42-20

2015     9-3                      7-6

2016     4-8                      8-5

37-15                  35-18

Would you hire Malzahn as OC had he been fired after 2016 ?  Yes.

Would you hire Helfrich as OC with the kind of record he had at Oregon ?

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But seriously if Spurrier wanted a lower stress job focusing only on OCing and QB coaching maybe it intrigues him. CSS and CGM have a good relationship apparently, might be worth a call at the very least.

I can definitely imagine Gus and Spurrier sitting in a room devising the worlds most dangerous offense and laughing their butts off.  It would be kind of amazing.

I'd be ok with Todd Fitch. Very good with passing game development, yds/game and td's/game. And the nicknames would be priceless. Not sure about his recruiting though.

32 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

This is an example of using stats in a surface level way.  Because the reason they dropped off in 2016 was mostly about one of the worst college defenses ever, not about a crappy offense.  To be sure, their latest QB didn't keep up the same level as Mariota in '13-'14 or the guy whose name escapes me in 2015 and it fell from being a Top 5 offense to 15th.  It was about the bottom falling out of the defense.  They gave up 41.4 points per game.  For comparison, the worse scoring defense at Auburn over these last several years since Tubs left was 2012 when we gave up 28.7.  That's almost 2 TDs per game more than our worse defense of the last 8 years.  

So we let go of our OC but apparently had no one in the wings.  Meanwhile Oregon just pulled Cristobal from UAT as Co-OC.  Once again we look amateurish.

41 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

FBS (I-A) Team Total Offense Statistics - 2013

2 Oregon
7 Auburn

1 Oregon
17 Auburn

8 Oregon
80 Auburn

36 Oregon
43 Auburn

How about that?

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This is an example of using stats in a surface level way.  Because the reason they dropped off in 2016 was mostly about one of the worst college defenses ever, not about a crappy offense.  To be sure, their latest QB didn't keep up the same level as Mariota in '13-'14 or the guy whose name escapes me in 2015 and it fell from being a Top 5 offense to 15th.  It was about the bottom falling out of the defense.  They gave up 41.4 points per game.  For comparison, the worse scoring defense at Auburn over these last several years since Tubs left was 2012 when we gave up 28.7.  That's almost 2 TDs per game more than our worse defense of the last 8 years.  

Exactly. I lost my stats. But Oregon's offensive output was top 15 last year.

6 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

So we let go of our OC but apparently had no one in the wings.  Meanwhile Oregon just pulled Cristobal from UAT as Co-OC.  Once again we look amateurish.

You don't know what we have in the wings! Until the hire is made, this is an ignorant statement. Cristobal was their OL coach and not an OC(see Kiffin/Sark). Not many coaches stay with shorty for long.  

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

Should do wonders for recruiting since he loved it so much.

WDE!

Pish.

Old farts can't possibly relate to today's recruits.

12 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Oregon announced the hiring of Taggart as their HC on Dec 7th and is just now hiring Christobal as his OC. Lashlee took the UConn job two days ago. I'm not sure we should hit the panic button just yet.

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

As the saying goes, numbers never lie, but they don't tell the whole story either.

18 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Taggart has been the coach out at Oregon for almost a month, didn't retain the existing OC and didn't hired one until today.  We let our OC go two days ago.

How exactly does this action make Auburn look amateurish?  This literally makes zero sense.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This info gives a broad perspective of success under MH.  I'm all for considering him as OC.  He has an excellent resume'.  Does he match up with us ?  That's a Gus question.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Taggart has been the coach out at Oregon for almost a month, didn't retain the existing OC and didn't hired one until today.  We let our OC go two days ago.

How exactly does this action make Auburn look amateurish?  This literally makes zero sense.

Gus hate has a tendency to cloud one's judgement...

22 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Well I would submit that just because it's not known to beat writers or message board posters, perhaps someone is waiting in the wings and for a potential variety of reasons, hasn't been announced yet. Maybe the person is already agreed upon but has to take care of something on his end before the public is informed for example? Maybe it has something to do with maximizing recruiting impact or something? There's tons of valid scenarios and rarely is something like this as cut and dry as the regular Joe and Jane's of the world would like. I dunno, just my .2 cents. 

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Vernon Adams

Archived