Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Southern Miss does not matter.  33 PPG puts them at 6th total in the pac-12.  They averaged 390 yards per game which put them 9th in the Pac 12.

MH offense at Total offense at Oregon: 2013 - 565 yd/g, 2014 - 547 yd/g, 2015 - 538 yd/g, 2016 - 491 yards per game. 

IN 2011, Oregon offense averaged 522 yards per game and 537 yards per game in 2012 with CK.

PPG with CK: 2011 - 46.1 / 2012 - 49.6

ppg with MH: 45.5 (13), 45.4 (14) , 43.0 (15), and 35.4 (16)

So, even in his one horrible year, it was better than Lindsey. Secondly, he was the OC at Oregon. He had a hand with those players that they recruited. It is not like he came from a different school and just utilized someone else's previous recruits. I am not saying he is the right guy for the job but has some substance to back up what you are saying.

And BTW, Arizona State offense was better in PPG and YPG the year before.

Arizona state also had major injuries at QB and was down to the 3rd string guy this year. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jt86w1 said:

Arizona state also had major injuries at QB and was down to the 3rd string guy this year. 

That is unfortunate, but don't sit here and make it seem like his resume is anywhere near what MH or Jake Spav Resume is. If he gets this job, it will be on due to the fact he knows Gus, He knows Auburn and He knows the southeast.

Just now, DAG said:

That is unfortunate, but don't sit here and make it seem like his resume is anywhere near what MH or Jake Spav Resume is. If he gets this job, it will be on due to the fact he knows Gus, He knows Auburn and He knows the southeast.

That's my point exactly he fits at auburn where I don't feel helfrick.after does at all. 

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This position being filled may very well be similar to Dave Aranda type contract with LSU last year with how Miles was sitting.  If wow is what we are getting

Is this good or bad? I'll be honest, I don't really follow other team's coaches and hires

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Not my opinion.  Factual information ascertained by the skill of reading and observation.

I'm not pumping sunshine, jackass.  I'm pointing out ignorance on Eddie Gran.

Auburn could do alot worse than Eddie Gran

14 minutes ago, selias said:

Is this good or bad? I'll be honest, I don't really follow other team's coaches and hires

It means you are giving a financial commitment to the coordinator beyond the head coach

Just now, auburnphan said:

It means you are giving a financial commitment to the coordinator beyond the head coach

Ah, ok. Thank you.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Guys are not happy right now, this could take a bit, by not happy is putting it lightly.

By guys, I'm assuming you mean Gus & crew? 

ESPN reported 50 minutes ago that Cal has offered the HC job to the Wisconsin DC. I guess that means Spavital may be available if we want him.

Ummm, I thought this was about the offense. :dunno:

i don't know anything about the candidates, but I would like an OC who is similar to Steele in that he emphasizes consistency and has a teacher mentality.  Gus's offenses were fun to watch until they didn't work anymore.  I'd like to be really strong (consistent) in some basic plays that you know will get you yardage every time.  Like learn how to run a decent screen.  I like the tempo and would like to keep a fast tempo offense. I hate that we've slowed down the last 2 years.  

Spavital checks all the boxes for me. A disciple of the air raid offense. His offenses have had great passing attacks wherever he has gone. They were 6th in the country in passing offense this past season. Great recruiter. Was the lead recruiter for 3 FIVE stars while he was at TAMU including 2 five star QBs.  I see no one else of the rumored candidates who checks all of the boxes.

I know we all want to pass the ball with more success.  But we need to be able to run the ball too. So as long as we continue to keep the run game as first priority, I am all for a new OC that brings a strong passing background. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

I know we all want to pass the ball with more success.  But we need to be able to run the ball too. So as long as we continue to keep the run game as first priority, I am all for a new OC that brings a strong passing background. 

I hope we hire a OC and let him do what he wants. Gus needs to go out of the way. Balance is something that is foreign around these parts for our offense.

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Or just strong qbs and real passing route trees will work.  Our running could explode if we actually called a mildly sophisticated passing game. 

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

He will most likely end up making Hand OC. He wants someone he trusts and will let him meddle and be a big part of game planning.

This is my guess. It's also my guess that if this is the case it will be the entire staffs final season on the plains. 

1 hour ago, 1974AUgrad said:

ESPN reported 50 minutes ago that Cal has offered the HC job to the Wisconsin DC. I guess that means Spavital may be available if we want him.

Could actually be the opposite affect. They are bringing in a defense HC and will need and prob want to keep offense in tact. Could lead to Spavital staying.

1 minute ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Could actually be the opposite affect. They are bringing in a defense HC and will need and prob want to keep offense in tact. Could lead to Spavital staying.

he made 325k at Cal last season. If we want him we can easily get him.

21 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

After getting rejected as a HC when he had the interim tag? Doubt it.

Archived