"This game will likely cost us our jobs"

AUApostle

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I don't buy that. Would you be a reluctant yes-man if it meant you could be unemployed in a few months?

Don't be a yes man and you get pushed out with half of the fan base now despising you. Say hi CDC...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Don't be a yes man and you get pushed out with half of the fan base now despising you. Say hi CDC...

That wasn't his problem.

Great analysis Stat. The intermediate 10-20 yard pass over the middle of the field really sticks out to me. I get that we haven't had a QB that can consistently make those passes in the past but the VERY sad thing is, now we do. We have a QB with the arm and accuracy to do it.

This also happened to be what we needed to do to counter the defensive call by LSU to bring up their safety. But instead of countering it, we ran up the middle or threw a deep ball. No seams, no curls behind the safety, nothing.

59 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I don't buy that. Would you be a reluctant yes-man if it meant you could be unemployed in a few months?

Has nothing to do with being a yes-man. I'd throw my hands up and say phuck it, this guy is an absolute idiot, there's no convincing him. That's not to say you completely mail it in bc that's completely unprofessional but at some point you accept the situation you're in.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it's the reality.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

It’s amazing that someone on a public forum can identify the tendencies of our offense, yet 20 guys are the one guy getting paid good money can’t seem to grasp or understand how predictable we are.   That alone is an dismissal offense.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, AURealist said:

It's not just this loss that is losing them their jobs:

2014 : BCS NC Game : Auburn leads 21-10 at the half.  Auburn implements the Desperation Turtle Offense and loses game 34-31 inside the last minute.  The first time in BCS Championship history a team scores first and yet loses the championship game.

2017 : AU vs LSU : Auburn leads 23-14 at the half. Auburn implements the Desperation Turtle Offense and loses game inside the last 3 minutes.  I'm sure we set some sort of school record for LSU comebacks or something...

This is who Gus Malzahn is.  He is a choker.  He has not changed one whit in 4 years!  And he seems unable to change, even when his career is on the line!  That is what's losing him his job and losing them their jobs. 

Honest mediocrity with a real chance for improvement is better than this choking clown show.  Fire Gus Malzahn today.  

-Sorry.  Still angry.

2014 was not first year a team scored first and lost BCS. OU or OSU ran opening KO bk for a td vs Florida. Also didn't Texas score 2 times before bamturd?

On 10/18/2017 at 3:33 PM, YankeeTiger24 said:

The level of my disgust with what happened last Saturday has not waned one bit. This loss is gonna stay with me for awhile. **** Malzahn.

Just know...you are not alone. 

10 hours ago, wde1968 said:

2014 was not first year a team scored first and lost BCS. OU or OSU ran opening KO bk for a td vs Florida. Also didn't Texas score 2 times before bamturd?

Interesting.  I pulled that directly from an article.  I'll try to find it.

14 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Depends on the scheme and personnel. Overall, the ideal number is one that eliminates tendencies to where the defense can’t run blitz on first down and be correct 80% of the time. 

In regards to your statement on FSU, I was saying that my original comment was targeting the claims that the 2013 FSU loss and 2017 LSU were the same. The 2013 was a run first offense that was successful running the ball on every down. The 2017 Offense isn’t built that way. 

By the way, is your name Richard by any chance? 

Still fleshing out my theories concerning Gus' Desperate Turtle Offense.

I suspect Gus runs on 1st down more than 80% of the time when he's ahead.  

And maybe R:P ratio goes closer to 50:50 when tied.   

R:P probably drops to 20:80 or worse when behind late in the game.

Stats on this type of thing would be very interesting indeed.

I suspect he's been doing the same things over and over for a very long time, including the FSU'14 game, and that it's worse than we think.

-------

And No. My name's not "Richard". Not even close. Sorry. But you know, since we've been conversing, I feel we've grown closer and maybe things would go better if we were on a first name basis.  Do you mind if I call you Nancy?

3 hours ago, AURealist said:

And No. My name's not "Richard".

Hmm, my bad then. Just a guess. Goodluck “fleshing” out your theories. I’m sure if you stuck to Al.com and facebook comments you could find some help with that. 

7 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Hmm, my bad then. Just a guess. Goodluck “fleshing” out your theories. I’m sure if you stuck to Al.com and facebook comments you could find some help with that. 

No worries, Nancy. Forget it.

I don't read AL.com and don't have a facebook account. Probably never will...  

Many thanks, though, for offering what you consider to be a helpful tip.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Many thanks, though, for offering what you consider to be a helpful tip.  :thumbsup:

Look me  up on MySpace

On 10/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, caleb1633 said:

I don't know where Gus deviated. I went back and watched highlights from games in 2009, and his offense was totally different. There were intermediate throws, hurry up offense, other plays on first down after a big gain besides running up the gut, the wildcat would actually hand the ball off to the jet sweep. I don't get it. I don't get how he doesn't see how ridiculous some of the stuff he does is.

bingo...personally i just think it’s him overthinking things as a head coach. 

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

bingo...personally i just think it’s him overthinking things as a head coach. 

Gus is not a good HC.  He has mental issues.  See Rainman.  He gets fixated on Arky as his main rival and we beat them like a drum.  Yet,  Rainman doesn't understand that beating Arky in far down the list of teams he needs to beat to remain our HC.

wde

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Gus is not a good HC.  He has mental issues.  See Rainman.  He gets fixated on Arky as his main rival and we beat them like a drum.  Yet,  Rainman doesn't understand that beating Arky in far down the list of teams he needs to beat to remain our HC.

wde

Arky is Gus' alma mater and coaching there might be his dream job.  And it might be his very next job.  Hopefully soon.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Figured you would want to up your content to something resembling original content rather than circlejerk status. I fully understand though.

5 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Figured you would want to up your content to something resembling original content rather than circlejerk status. I fully understand though.

Such language!  Totally inappropriate for a family forum. You should apologize.

I truly doubt you understand much of anything, Nancy.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Such language!  Totally inappropriate for a family forum. You should apologize.

I truly doubt you understand much of anything, Nancy.

Associating lack of knowledge with a poster you call Nancy is either sexual discrimination or a you needed to boost your own masculinity. Atleast you are consistent! 

Archived