No Excuse to not beat Texas A&M

doc4aday

Somebody had to do this! Really folks....after watching what MSU is doing to TAMU, there should be no excuses for losing this game. If we do, then we will be sick and well on our way to a 6-6 season based on what has transpired so far with the mutts and bammer.  I want to win out as bad as any of the best of the best Auburn fans and will pull as hard as I can for this team.  Reality is not in our favor, but things happen folks and Auburn has had its fair share of strange but good things happening for us!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect there won't be a need for excuses. And if for some odd reason we get beat by A&M then nobody would have a leg to stand on to make an excuse. 

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Somebody had to do this! Really folks....after watching what MSU is doing to TAMU, there should be no excuses for losing this game. If we do, then we will be sick and well on our way to a 6-6 season based on what has transpired so far with the mutts and bammer.  I want to win out as bad as any of the best of the best Auburn fans and will pull as hard as I can for this team.  Reality is not in our favor, but things happen folks and Auburn has had its fair share of strange but good things happening for us!

Was waiting to see who would start it up!

Just now, shabby said:

interesting. Their quarterback just got knocked out of the game

ehh just the wind seemed to be knocked out of him.

The LSU loss pains me more now than 2weeks ago.  With PennState and TCU losing today, AU could’ve been sittting pretty for Tuesday nights playoff selection. :banghead: 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

The LSU loss pains me more now than 2weeks ago.  With PennState and TCU losing today, AU could’ve been sittting pretty for Tuesday nights playoff selection. :banghead: 

Not the end of the world, Keesler.

Arthur Gustavo "Gus" Malzahn, III

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

All we have to do is win the rest of our games and we don't have to worry about the selection. 

Winning the rest of our games actually doesn't guarantee anything.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah, I think it does.  It puts us in the SECCG. Which we will win because we win the rest of our games. Then that puts us in the playoff, which we will also win because we win the rest of our games. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Yeah, I think it does.  It puts us in the SECCG. Which we will win because we win the rest of our games. Then that puts us in the playoff, which we will also win because we win the rest of our games. 

No, because you also have Clemson ahead of you. You will have a 1 loss big ten team ahead of you. You will probably have a 1 loss BIG 12 team ahead of you and ND if they don't lose to Miami. We absolutely need help to for sure get into the playoffs.

I don't see the SEC Champion being left out, even with two losses.  A team that will have beaten the #1 and #2 teams to get there will not be left out.  

All projection though.  We just need to beat TAMU next. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

True but it would mean that we beat 1 and 2 and then UGA again. 

That is a pipe dream honestly. 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If we beat bama and also UGA twice.....we would absolutely be in the playoffs.

lol.......for even contemplating this. 

No, we absolutely would not. That is the point of the playoff committee. So teams couldn't just jump the process. You have a 1 loss the Ohio State, An undefeated ND, A 1 loss Clemson. That is three teams right there who will be in the playoffs. And let's say OU wins out and somehow wins the BIG 12. That is a 1 loss champion. It is going to be hard to argue a 2 loss champion vs a 1 loss champion. People need to come to that realization.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, we absolutely would not. That is the point of the playoff committee. So teams couldn't just jump the process. You have a 1 loss the Ohio State, An undefeated ND, A 1 loss Clemson. That is three teams right there who will be in the playoffs. And let's say OU wins out and somehow wins the BIG 12. That is a 1 loss champion. It is going to be hard to argue a 2 loss champion vs a 1 loss champion. People need to come to that realization.

I agree but ND is not undefeated 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I agree but ND is not undefeated 

Sorry, I meant if ND goes undefeated down the stretch.

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I understand your reasoning but isn't that the point of having a human committee? The reason they put in Ohio St. last year was because they passed the "eye test" meaning even though Penn St. beat them head to head and won the BIG 10 they still thought Ohio St. had better talent and was the better overall team. If we beat the number one and two team in the nation late in November and beat thuga again who will probably be around 7 at that point there is no way that the committee would leave us out. The strength of schedule and close loss to clemson would be in our favor too. JMO. 

Actually the playoff selection committe has jumped teams ahead of others in the past for big wins.  If we win out and win the SEC championship, we would have beaten 3 top 10 teams (Georgia, Alabama, and then Georgia again).

It is possible and with all of these teams losing today we will most likely sit at 15th.  That is 11 places we need to jump by winning out, with us guaranteed to be ahead of Alabama and Georgia if we beat them.

Not guaranteed to go to the playoff, but definitely doable.

52 minutes ago, DAG said:

except makes me and others I would guess more pissed off then if we lose out. Would be the most gus thing ever....... smh.

Gus doesn’t care what you think.  He’s determined to get to his favorite bowl, the Bham Bowl.

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Gus doesn’t care what you think.  He’s determined to get to his favorite bowl, the Bham Bowl.

He is in the Birmingham Bowl hall of fame along with 1 game Auburn DC Lance Thompson! lol

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

All we have to do is win the rest of our games and LSU lose another SEC game and we don't have to worry about the selection. 

FIFY ;D

Archived