***Auburn vs. Texas A&M -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Last blocked punt for a TD was against Florida 2006.

that's just not good. the half time crew stated that great teams find a way to score on special teams. I hope all them becomes that great team. It seems like teams like Bama score on special teams every other week.  I hope this is a sign of things to come

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

I dont mind the ups and downs so much as the fact that they happen every other play

I'm going to have heart problems by 40 because of this

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Gus is at his absolute worst when were 2 or more touchdowns behind.  At his absolute best when he's forced to be aggressive.  Football teams are prone to drift mentally in certain circumstances...great coaches do a great job of keeping the mental focus tight.  The chief Updyke and Do Your Job are the best at it.  

Neither is applicable this game, so what's your point?

Just now, AURealist said:

Tastes like team spirit...

"In an unprecedented display in college football, Auburn beat Texas A&M...by eating them.  The crowd fled in horror as the Tigers started heading for the stands."

17 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

No I think you’re not understanding.  Coaches will wait for Auburn to come open.  They won’t jump at a lower tier school just to jump on an open job.  The Auburn job is worth waiting for due to the talent and coaches see that.

Is it? You do realize we are under a ton of scrutiny due to all the issues we've had ACROSS THE BOARD in our athletics program. You realize we are looking for a new AD because of this. You realize that the PTB of Auburn are notorious for interfering and not allowing a coach to fully run it his way, this very thing kept Kirby Smart from being hired. Anyone with half a brain won't come here without some serious stipulations and some serious money. And on top of allllllllll that we will have just in our conference......Ole Miss, Florida(arguably better situation than us), Tennessee more than likely(again big profile job), and possibly Arkansas and maybe A&M depending on how this game goes. There has been talk of Sumlin being canned the last few years anyway.

That's two guaranteed and 3 more than likely just in our conference, possibly 5. Not to mention all the talk of Scott Frost going back to Nebraska.

Wake up. 

if aTm does not change their coverage on slayton, he will be open the whole second half....he was open every time he ran the fly....stidham was sacked on the first, he overthrew on the second and scored on the third

I feel like Mississippi state did one of those "we are going to practice for Alabama instead of UMass" Just dumb coaching . Dan Mullen making me look like a fool 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why? please Explain DAG.....most of us not as smart as you ;)

Who the **** is this guy?

Did anyone else catch the dude calling the game mistakingly say that Auburn is in the SEC East? If crocs were commentators....

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty sure he's being forced to be aggressive.  See the edit on score position, meant "ahead".  

Gotcha. That makes sense then.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Did anyone else catch the dude calling the game mistakingly say that Auburn is in the SEC East? If crocs were commentators....

Yeah what an idiot and he still kept going with it

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

It's because we SHOULD be in the East, and everyone knows it.

Just now, Tiger96 said:

Was it Tre Blackmon? I thought it was Tristan Davis/Tre Smith 

Tre Blackmon was the one that caused the Chris Leak fumble.  Tre Smith did the blocked punt touchdown flip.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

Tre Blackmon was the one that caused the Chris Leak fumble.  Tre Smith did the blocked punt touchdown flip.

Back when we used to beat top ten teams regularly 

5 minutes ago, saminbama said:

It's because we SHOULD be in the East, and everyone knows it.

Our biggest rivals traditionally were UT, UF, UGA, BAMA. In the East, it would be possible to play all 4 instead of just 2.

7 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Is it? You do realize we are under a ton of scrutiny due to all the issues we've had ACROSS THE BOARD in our athletics program. You realize we are looking for a new AD because of this. You realize that the PTB of Auburn are notorious for interfering and not allowing a coach to fully run it his way, this very thing kept Kirby Smart from being hired. Anyone with half a brain won't come here without some serious stipulations and some serious money. And on top of allllllllll that we will have just in our conference......Ole Miss, Florida(arguably better situation than us), Tennessee more than likely(again big profile job), and possibly Arkansas and maybe A&M depending on how this game goes. There has been talk of Sink in being canned the last few years anyway.

That's two guaranteed and 3 more than likely just in our conference, possibly 5. Not to mention all the talk of Scott Frost going back to Nebraska.

Wake up. 

I don't see how Florida is a better situation than us. We are built to win NOW, they are not. 

6 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Yep. Sooooo stupid

Archived