***Auburn vs. Texas A&M -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applaud Gus for finally being aggressive.  We are the better team and we need to play that way. This is what happens when you coach/play aggressive. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Of course not.....he has his OWN style and his own voice. He does a fabulous job. Expecting him to be someone else is sort of disrespectful to both of them IMHO. 

It seems he is trying to channel Jim Fyffe on the long drawn out "touchdown Auburn". He is a great announcer though, in his own right. His call on the kick-six is one of the best. Meaning no disrespect of course.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great coaching the last 2.50 minutes

Yes, those moments are certainly precious.

wde

Terrific way to end the half by Auburn.  Get the touchdown to take the lead and then bonus to get the blocked punt and get a touchdown.   Auburn gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

The first half was one of extremes.. Downright bad playcalling and bad execution at some points... and then some crazy good calls and sweet playmaking.

Let’s keep up the latter

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

It seems he is trying to channel Jim Fyffe on the long drawn out "touchdown Auburn". He is a great announcer though, in his own right. His call on the kick-six is one of the best. Meaning no disrespect of course.

He made it an AU tradition....

Just now, WarTiger said:

Terrific way to end the half by Auburn.  Get the touchdown to take the lead and then bonus to get the blocked punt and get a touchdown.   Auburn gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

I just hope that Gustav the Great is not happy with where we are at.

wde

Not a good first half . I did see a few things AU can take advantage of. Overall we better see a motivated tigers come out a get crazy and eat some folks

Just now, djg0017 said:

The first half was one of extremes.. Downright bad playcalling and bad execution at some points... and then some crazy good calls and sweet playmaking.

Let’s keep up the latter

That seems to be standard for AU lately.....the ups and downs are so hard to take.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Not a good first half . I did see a few things AU can take advantage of. Overall we better see a motivated tigers come out a get crazy and eat some folks

Cannibalism.  I like it.

These commentators are their profession's equivalent of the 2nd half play calling in the LSU game. Pathetic.

Ups and downs happen during the course of a game and season. I dont mind the ups and downs so much as the fact that they happen every other play

it appears that we are playing a coach that went to the gus malzahn school of decision making.....i am glad sumlin had a series of brain farts, but i don't understand his rational right before half

Gus is at his absolute worst when were 2 or more touchdowns ahead.  At his absolute best when he's forced to be aggressive.  Football teams are prone to drift mentally in certain circumstances...great coaches do a great job of keeping the mental focus tight.  The chief Updyke and Do Your Job are the best at it.  

Archived