Ronnie or Caddy?

AUHansel

Ronnie or Caddy in the NFL?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Ronnie or Caddy in the NFL?

• Ronnie
    • Caddy

If you were the coach or GM of an NFL team and both Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams were still available in the draft who would you pick and why?

personally, this is a really hard decision. Ronnie is the bigger back and is also had a little faster times at the combine. He had great receiving numbers last season and has great hands. Carnell on the other hand has had great rushing numbers all through college even while sharing time. He has gained weight and is almost 220 now. And he still runs a 4.4 in the 40. He also has recently proved that he can catch the ball also. Both are so good, but I think I would take Carnell. He has this amazing vision and his cuts are ridiculous. I love how Ronnie runs and can catch out of the backfield, but I think Carnell has more heart than any back in the draft. He strives to be the best and show everyone that he is the best.

It's been said so many times, but it still amazes me that we were blessed with 2 incredibly gifted, talented, great players on and off the field. I don't know how I would ever make that choice, but I don't think you can go wrong either way!

If you were the coach or GM of an NFL team and both Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams were still available in the draft who would you pick and why?

149298[/snapback]

Who would I pick? Ronnie. Why? I flipped a coin. I said Carnell was heads, and it came up tails. That's about the best way I can think of to decide it. :)

We will never see this kind of backfield again. I don't care what anyone says. I'm not a pessimist, I just think that this was the greatest Auburn team ever, and that one of the many reasons was Carnell and Ronnie being together in that backfield. I just wouldn't be able to decide between the two of them.

I'd trade all my draft picks for the next 5 years and take them both.

War Damn Eagle.

Ronnie. Without even thinking about it. He's bigger, faster, has better hands and almost NEVER loses yardage. I love Carnell but I think Ronnie will be the better NFL back.

Not to slight Caddy at all but I would take Ronnie first because he is more in the NFL RB mold....big, strong and durable.

Ronnie has the potential to quietly be a superstar...much like Terrell Davis was. Ronnie is just a tank. Carnell better clear up his fumble-itis that he caught in the last part of his Auburn career. He's already labeled a "smaller" back with a history of some side-lining injuries. So he is going to feel the need to prove people once he gets playing time in the NFL. Also, I don't see Carnell running around defenses like he did in college. I'm curious to see how he handles himself with this added weight he's putting on. Yeah, he had a fast 40 time but let's see what he does with a football in his hands against the likes of a Ray Lewis or a Dontarrious Thomas. :big:

Can't go wrong either way but Ronnie would be my choice. :thumbsup:

I hate deciding, i'd take them both....BUTTT...I think Carnell has done some things I have seen that Ronnie would just not have done as "slick"....

But that being said, Ronnie is one of the best power/speed combo guys I have ever seen. For longetivity, I'd take ronnie, hes built and can take a beating....But to sell out a crowd, become a superstar (cmon guys, caddy has a nickname already, and that type of attitude), and to provide a great "break out of it and run" type guy, i'd take carnell.

I just wish I could take both :no:

It depends on the offense I'm running and the personel I already have in place. If I have an accomplished QB I take Caddy. That way I know he doesn't have to carry the load and the team.

If I need a back to bail me out of a mediocre QB situation, I take RB. He does have the potential to carry the team.

I see Caddy as a Warrick Dunn TYPE of player. Although I feel Caddy is a whole lot more talented than Dunn.

But just to add to this....it must suck to have to make that decision.

you know what's funny. ronnie ran a 4.32 as his fastest time. caddy ran a 4.40 as his fastest times. ronnie did 18 reps of 225 at the combine. caddy did 19 reps of 225 at the combine.

turns out caddilac is stronger; ronnie is faster. who would've guessed that?

i take caddilac b/c i think he's going to be the next curtis martin. i can't envision any scenario in the world where he'd have a healthy season and not top 1200 yards. he can do it all as he proved this year returning kicks and further at the combine by getting rave reviews in receiving drills.

ronnie is going to be great too. i think he's a deuce mcalister type of back. looks the stuff but really he's a speed/receiving back in an incredible hulk disguise. both guys will be pro bowlers; caddy is more consistent and more impressive to me.

Well, in my NCAA 2005 video game dynasty mode, Cadillac won the Heisman. I exported the draft class and on my Falcons franchise for Madden 2005 traded Dunn, Duckett and some draft picks to get the number one overall and drafted him number one overall. He got over 2400 yards in his rookie year and finished second in the MVP voting, behind Mike Vick(who led the league in passing yards). Carnell had 52 td's in the regular season. hahahaha. i need to make the gameplay harder, but it's fun to get 200 yards a game on the ground.

I'd trade all my draft picks for the next 5 years and take them both.

War Damn Eagle.

149324[/snapback]

Go ahead and trade 8 years worth so you can pick up Jason Campbell too. You need someone who knows when and how to get the ball to Ronnie or Cadilllac! :D

I really don't think you could go wrong with either one, but I'd probably go with Ronnie. It's hard to pass up that combination of power, size and speed plus the soft hands even on deep routes. He doesn't have the ankle breaking cuts that Caddy has, but I still would give him a slight edge.

We will never see this kind of backfield again. I don't care what anyone says.

War Damn Eagle.

149324[/snapback]

I remember many people saying that about Joe Cribbs, William Andrews & James Brooks, & Bo Jackson & Brent Fullwood.

As for the poll, any GM in that situation whose team needed an RB couldn't go wrong picking either Caddy or Ronnie. I loved them both and thank them for choosing Auburn and being shinning examples of college student athletes. With that said, I voted for Carnell because I met and talked to his family after several games.

Have either of these guys received their degree yet?  And what exactly were their majors?

149430[/snapback]

I can't give you the answer but does it really matter? they basically majored in football. Are they even getting their degrees? I know David Pollack decided that he didn't need his anymore. I still think he's gonna flop in the NFL, even if he does move to linebacker.

I can't give you the answer but does it really matter? they basically majored in football. Are they even getting their degrees? I know David Pollack decided that he didn't need his anymore. I still think he's gonna flop in the NFL, even if he does move to linebacker.

149704[/snapback]

Sorry dude...just asked because I didn't know. And yeah, it kind of does matter if they got a degree or not. That's kinda the purpose of going to college...was just curious if Ronnie or Carnell received theirs or not. :blink:

I'm just glad we have a coach that understands this whole "degree thing". :rolleyes:

"They are here to earn a degree, and I want to make sure they do that. Playing runs second to that. I think if you look at what we have done over the long run, what players do off the field reflects what they do on the field.

Huntsville Times

Can't I have both? Seemed to work pretty well! :big:

:au::homer:

I'll go with Ronnie (as I've said numerous times before). We have seen what Ronnie is capable of doing with his NATURAL size. Carnell maybe trying to add too much mass, IMHO. Why???

To be a great back in the NFL doesn't require that you become an Earl Cambell clone. Look at Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, and Barrie Sanders to name a few Hall of Famers. Look at today's sucessful smaller backs: Tiki Barber, Curtis Martin, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, Warrick Dunn, and Priest Holmes to name a few.

10 pounds of muscle mass in 6 weeks??? B)B)B)B) ummmmm.

IMO Caddy was not the same explosive back since he added the additional weight. His 40 speed may have improved but it looks like he may have lost the quickness that he had his first 2 years at Auburn. JMO.

Well, at least Ronnie got his degree.  Wonder how close Carnell was...

5Auburn-grads.jpg

149721[/snapback]

That was the picture taken prior to the season of the seniors who had at that time already received their degrees. Ronnie, Jason, Bret and all those guys graduated before last season started. I believe Carnell was scheduled to get his either last December or this semester. I'm pretty sure he either already has graduated, or will be graduating. He is a sociology major.

Archived