DKW 86

Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am not going to argue the dynamic of when a fetus develops individual rights (becomes a "baby" if you prefer). 

I will concede that the question of "life"  is an open question that is not adequately resolved by any point in the gestation cycle. (After all, it's simply a matter of time and engineering before a fertilized egg can be brought to term, ex-vivo.)  

My position is that, regardless of whenever that happens,  the diploid / zygote / blastosphere / fetus / baby remains subordinate to the woman's right of self determination.  

I understand how and why you might disagree. And I do appreciate the arguments against my position but, that is still my position. Mother comes first.  Even if you could demonstrably prove that life begins at conception, mother comes first. (That's not to say I wouldn't agree to reasonable compromises/restriction regarding the regulation of abortions.)   

If my basic position seems unnaturally cruel to you, consider that our culture has no problem with bombing or burning children during the course of executing our foreign policy.  Such cruelity is arguably "evil" and it certainly should be avoided, but there's nothing particularly "unnatural" about it. It's the Amerian way.  Hell, it's the human way, for that matter.

Titan and I have had many debates on this topic. Frankly, I am not sure I can restate my position any better than I did in our last such discussion, so I don't plan to re-try.    

I am traveling to Birmingham for the holidays and when I get back I will try to find the link to that discussion for you. Until then, I will have only my phone (or my sister's crappy computer) so I won't be able to respond with more than a sentence or two if at all. 

Meanwhile, War Eagle and Beat Bama!

:wareagle:

So who came first in the three-fifths compromise? How do you reconcile your reasoning? You can't. There's substantively no difference. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Forgotten what, Tex? Unproven allegations?

To be fair, he certainly looks guilty to me. But you are correct in these are unproven allegations. 

Having stated that, one can hardly blame the Moore supporters skepticism given the abundance of lies and dirty politics from the left and their MSM mouthpiece over the last year. To say it has been unprecedented would be an understatement. A real disservice to our country. 

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

To be fair, he certainly looks guilty to me. But you are correct in these are unproven allegations. 

Having stated that, one can hardly blame the Moore supporters skepticism given the abundance of lies and dirty politics from the left and their MSM mouthpiece over the last year. To say it has been unprecedented would be an understatement. A real disservice to our country. 

Very good input. Can't argue with you on that AUFAN. 

14 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Forgotten what, Tex? Unproven allegations?

I'm not arguing for a criminal conviction, just some reasoned judgment on whom is chosen to represent the state.

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think he is absolutely guilty. but out of the 9 women i would lay odds only 6-7 are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I 100% believe he hounded teens as a 30something. The problem is his previous record of public service or disservice should disqualify him from any public office.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

I think he is absolutely guilty. but out of the 9 women i would lay odds only 6-7 are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I 100% believe he hounded teens as a 30something. The problem is his previous record of public service or disservice should disqualify him from any public office.

You voted for Hilary right?

33 minutes ago, alexava said:

yes

Thank you for your honesty. Happy Thanksgiving Alex. 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/roy-moore-supporter-says-just-142444861.html?utm_content=bufferb6a1a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"Also, it’s not his fault he approached women as young as 14. Moore had no choice — all of the women his age were married", said Benham.

19 hours ago, alexava said:

same to you...... was there a point?

Yes. Thank you. 

On 11/24/2017 at 5:20 PM, alexava said:

Insiders only?

Yes. Something like that. :dunno:

On 11/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, Brad_ATX said:

I actually disagree with you here.  If Moore wins (and I think he will), I think he holds that Senate seat for as long as he wants.  People in Alabama will forget all about this by the time 2020 rolls around.

Even if the people forget, his opponents wont. Neither will the senate with their money if I had to guess.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:40 PM, alexava said:

You want to elect a man the rest of the senate will deem unfit to serve the position? What does that say about Alabama? And we wonder  Why we are 49th in every ranking except football. 

War damn eagle 

I do not see what you are getting at with this statement. It just says I want a guy that will vote the way I want as opposed to a guy who will vote against everything I want. It says I am looking at the issues no one is talking about instead of voting on feelings. I could not care less what the senate thinks. They are suppose to listen to me - not the other way around. 

1 hour ago, AUcivE09 said:

I do not see what you are getting at with this statement. It just says I want a guy that will vote the way I want as opposed to a guy who will vote against everything I want. It says I am looking at the issues no one is talking about instead of voting on feelings. I could not care less what the senate thinks. They are suppose to listen to me - not the other way around. 

well, prioritizing what we want is more of a problem i guess. voting for a man who you are hoping gets disqualified is not how democracy was intended to play out.

4 hours ago, alexava said:

well, prioritizing what we want is more of a problem i guess. voting for a man who you are hoping gets disqualified is not how democracy was intended to play out.

One of my top priorities is to make sure the next SCOTUS vacancy, likely to happen under Trump,  is filled by a  conservative. That is is just as important as health care reform of tax cuts. It affects a lot in the future for my grandchildren. That chance goes down under a Dem controlled Senate which gets closer if Jones is elected.

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I'm not voting for him based on that. This makes my 4th post stating as much. Moore, or whoever replaces him, would vote how I would vote. Jones will not. Simple priority. I want tax reform and conservative appointments to courts. Only one person I can vote for to accomplish those priorities is the guy who chased around 17 yr olds 40 years ago.

Even if you are voting for Jones I hope it is for more than just because of what Moore is accused of doing or because of what might happen when it comes to the senate confirming him. 

14 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

I'm not voting for him based on that. This makes my 4th post stating as much. Moore, or whoever replaces him, would vote how I would vote. Jones will not. Simple priority. I want tax reform and conservative appointments to courts. Only one person I can vote for to accomplish those priorities is the guy who chased around 17 yr olds 40 years ago.

Even if you are voting for Jones I hope it is for more than just because of what Moore is accused of doing or because of what might happen when it comes to the senate confirming him. 

I'm curious.  Have you been following the proposed tax reform bill?  What do you think is the critical need in tax reform?

On 11/22/2017 at 8:51 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

So who came first in the three-fifths compromise? How do you reconcile your reasoning? You can't. There's substantively no difference. 

Dehumanization is a tool to be used by those without hearts. Unfortunately, a lot of Democrats have used that device over the long haul.

Archived