***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

Just now, DAG said:

Look at Stanford coming down south and pulling some players from Alabama. How intriguing. 

That is the one school I will never hate losing a player to, because if they can make it there, academically, I would not want to deny them that opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Just off the top of my head it looks like Jackson going to OSU will be a stud.  I think you are both correct. We don't lose elite talent that are contributors to the team.  But when a kid leaves if you have a ton of studs nobody cares.  Eventually over time your roster is loaded with such talent that an injury or dismissal just means that someone just as good steps in.

Thank you!

You offered an explanation better that I could put in words.  Someone said we need to build depth, and its hard to build experienced depth when attrition hits your roster.  

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Gus is an amazing recruiter for kids who want a father figure and for moms who want their kids taken care of. He's an awful recruiter for kids who are focused on the NFL and a path to get there and families who are focused on the money that football can bring.

THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE SAID IT!!!!!!!!!  That's it in a nutshell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I don't understand why we are almost never in it early for any 5* elite talent while schools like UGA, who is not a bigger national brand than us, can get kids from everywhere that are top 30 players in the country.  The world is not ending but we have to step up our game to play UGA and Bama and then UGA again if we are going to be successful.  We can't just keep doing what we are doing because that crap in Athens isn't going to stop anytime soon.  I will try to spend the rest of my day being happy about our class and ignore the earthquake tremor happening 20 miles down the road.

I tend to look at things as if i was a 5* recruit. I would certainly have Auburn on my list. Kids want the chance to 1. play early as they can 2. Win 3. Have a great chance to go to the NFL. Auburn does check off those things but IMO we're in the 2nd tier of schools for a 5* recruit. Bama, Ohio St., Clemson, Oklahoma, Mich, Texas, formerly FSU and now UGA are constantly at the top for consideration with 5*. We come into play with the 5* guys is that we do offer them a chance to play early; especially on defense with how we rotate guys on the DL. 

I don't expect for us to go undefeated every year but i do expect to see a team that is prepared each week and not looking completely lost. I believe in the talent we're getting. The other stuff....well not so much. 

• Like 1

Caleb Johnson & Langham When any news on these?

ehh atleast he didnt go bama good luck to that young man ross wish him the best future possible.....until we run into him

Edited by Jaxr29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Thank you!

You offered an explanation better that I could put in words.  Someone said we need to build depth, and its hard to build experienced depth when attrition hits your roster.  

Yes.  Attrition does not have to be a kid leaving the program.  It can be an injury.  Tre Williams if you will.  Kids leaving like Kyle Davis hurt us as well.  What would have happened this year if Ryan Davis and Slayton were injured?

• Like 1

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

Yes.  Attrition does not have to be a kid leaving the program.  It can be an injury.  Tre Williams if you will.  Kids leaving like Kyle Davis hurt us as well.  What would have happened this year if Ryan Davis and Slayton were injured?

There is definitely something to be said about being able to go "next man up".

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Meyer is in a whole different situation, he moved into a league where they had gentlemen's agreements about recruiting and took a big steaming dump on those agreements. You might recall the backlash his first year recruiting at Ohio State. You might also recall that he never had near that level of success when he was recruiting in the SEC. If Harbaugh could put a solid year together on the field, I think Meyer would finally have some real recruiting competition.

Agree. Just pointing out the difference in regards to HC personalities and both being successful. He maximized the talent he got at FL. I understand that with both coaches they have very questionable practices. At the same time, you have to show what you can do with that talent. Yes, the Big 10 is largely garbage but they're in the hunt year after year. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

True if you had a competent coach to coach the next man up.

wde

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And knowing that the next man up has been exposed to the system/scheme and has some live in-game PT under his belt.  In other words, having experienced/developed backup's.

Edited by keesler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

What does Clemson have that we don't...

Oh wait...

clemson.jpgclemson1.jpgclemson2.jpgclemson3.jpgclemson4.jpgclemson5.jpgclemson6.jpgclemson7.jpgclemson8.jpg

Football only facility now please

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What does Clemson have that we don't...

Oh wait...

clemson.jpgclemson1.jpgclemson2.jpgclemson3.jpgclemson4.jpgclemson5.jpgclemson6.jpgclemson7.jpgclemson8.jpg

Football only facility now please

Being in the playoffs three years in a row and a NC 2 years out of three has a lot more significance. Not to mention, the trend for their WRs to be pretty successful.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Chase to LSU

He was crying too. Poor kid wanted out of Louisiana but parents wanted him close.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So what's the reason other recruits chose Auburn over Clemson? 

Not the only reason. Dabo is a better HC and a better recruiter than Gus is to name two.

wde

Edited by AUIH1
  • Facepalm 2