Kam Martin would start today

Win4AU

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Can someone remind me how often and when the Site refills the damn' things?

I think it's a continuous 24 hr clock, which is pertinent to me, also, because...

1 minute ago, Southwest said:

Guess we will agree to disagree if we are even doing that.Although kam got steamrolled looked to me he misstepped alil also which can be corrected but  2 lineman who trained most of thier lives to block failing so badly is more concerning to me.

...I want to hug this post with emojis.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is my constructive criticism haha

Whatever A4E, you're practically begging for Gus to get fired #hatetrain

Kidding, of course. I think most of us are actually sort of in agreement. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

In our case, a lot will turn on personnel. So long as we've got other backs who can mitigate for the others' weaknesses, without their own weaknesses becoming liabilities - we should be good. In the case of Georgia last season, whatever weaknesses their backs had never arose to that level. 

Tell the supine equine to watch out, but this assumes that the weaknesses and their "insurmountability" were/are real and not merely perceived.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Haha - is it even a debate though??? No back can do it all - unless you are Bo Jackson. In fact, my experience taking reps at RB taught me that some can't do anything well. 

You just have to hope that your player's weaknesses aren't so weak that they become liabilities. In our case, a lot will turn on personnel. So long as we've got other backs who can mitigate for the others' weaknesses, without their own weaknesses becoming liabilities - we should be good. In the case of Georgia last season, whatever weaknesses their backs had never arose to that level. 

Free likes to anyone who followed that, by the way.

SAY "WEAKNESSES" ONE MORE TIME....I DARE YOU!!!

Actually, I followed you.  Well said.

LIKE :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Southwest said:

Guess we will agree to disagree if we are even doing that. Although kami got steamrolled looked to me he misstepped alil also which can be corrected but 2 lineman who trained most of their lives to block failing so badly is more concerning to me.

Well fortunately Herb is gone. Maybe our OL will play together as a unit much better than last year. 

I’ve seen Cox and the OL make great blocks  but they all make mistakes. I know that they are capable of playing well.  I was an OL in high school. It’s hard identifying the defender that should be blocked at times and that’s just identifying, not including executing it in time. 

The Kam play was different. He didn’t whiff, he didn’t block the wrong guy, he wasn’t too hesitant,  he didn’t trip, he squared himself up just to get blown up. It looked like he didn’t even belong out there as a pass blocker. That’s a little more unsettling to me. 

I'm not going to worry about the RB position as long as CGM is here, he will have a solid run game and the RB's will be productive. 

I think the oline got a shot in the arm in overall development and preparation.  I don't think we will see the lack of communication between the oline & sideline, the players will know their job and they won't look lost out there in the blocking schemes.  We needed an oline drill sergeant to get the troops ready for the trenches, that's why Grimes is back in O&B.  :largeAU:

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tell the supine equine to watch out, but this assumes that the weaknesses and their "insurmountability" were/are real and not merely perceived.

tenor.gif?itemid=7768499

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

:laugh:

That's my go to "I don't have an intelligent and/or witty response to this, but want to look like I know what's going on" gif. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's my go to "I don't have an intelligent and/or witty response to this, but want to look like I know what's going on" gif. 

That's me in almost every IRL conversation I enter into. "Oh yeah, definitely." "Man, that's so true." "I know, right??!" "That's just, like... *shakes head and shrugs*"

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's simply my life's motto.

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

We needed an oline drill sergeant to get the troops ready for the trenches, that's why Grimes is back in O&B.  :largeAU:

And to be on the sideline with his players coaching them during games instead of up in the box compromising them and the OC.

Horse, if you weren't already dead, I'd tell you to go pick your own switch. I'm afraid I'm not even close to being done with you. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's me in almost every IRL conversation I enter into. "Oh yeah, definitely." "Man, that's so true." "I know, right??!" "That's just, like... *shakes head and shrugs*"

See's a friend's wife, but can't remember her name. "Hey girl!" 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

See's a friend's wife, but can't remember her name. "Hey girl!" 

giphy.gif

I spit out my coffee dammit!!!

53 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You make a great point.

What Gus says in pressers is often hard to "read". :headscratch:

You clearly have Ralphie's Secret Decoder Pin. :thedeal:

Gus sees his job as keeping the media guys happy with lengthy commentary ....and telling them (and us) nothing useful. 

I'm OK with that.....and am of the school that spreading misinformation to the enemy is a good strategy. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Gus sees his job as keeping the media guys happy with lengthy commentary ....and telling them (and us) nothing useful. 

I'm OK with that.....and am of the school that spreading misinformation to the enemy is a good strategy. 

If he's trying to keep the media guys happy, he's failing.  They don't want lengthy commentary. They want information. He makes their jobs hard and they understandably resent him for that. 

Justin Jackson was 5’11 and 190 pounds at Northwestern and he was an absolute beast when it came to pass pro which is comparable to Martin at 5’10, 193. Martin can get better at it if he puts the work in. 

0fe4af53-f203-4f16-a1e8-d696c4052833

justinjackson1.jpg?w=763&h=624

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Really can't argue with that.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Justin Jackson was 5’11 and 190 pounds at Northwestern and he was an absolute beast when it came to pass pro which is comparable to Martin at 5’10, 193. Martin can get better at it if he puts the work in. 

0fe4af53-f203-4f16-a1e8-d696c4052833

:thumbsup: LIKE

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why can't more threads be like this one

Because of the GIF police and their disdain for them!!! aka mikey and sumter! lol. They are all like GET OFF MY LAWN with those dern Gifs youngsters! This has been a breath of fresh air that more threads like this need!

clint.gif

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Because of the GIF police and their disdain for them!!! aka mikey and sumter! lol. They are all like GET OFF MY LAWN with those dern Gifs youngsters! This has been a breath of fresh air that more threads like this need!

clint.gif

YoungElaborateBedlingtonterrier-max-1mb.gif

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

clint.gif

Holy crap. That is actually Mikey, isn't it?

Archived