Baseball vs Ole Miss - SEC Tournament

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julien broke out of that slump just in time.....hope indeed he has a convenient memory regarding that cold spell and continues with his good hitting. 

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

F6.  Tigers win 9-3!  Play Texas A&M tomorrow evening.

And with this win, our hosting chances have gone way up!  Win tomorrow and it's probably a done deal.

Win 1 more period & it's probably a lock, although I would have preferred to play UGA to beat 2 potential top 8 national seeds this week.

4 minutes ago, wde21 said:

Great win today! Will be there tomorrow to cheer on the Tigers!!

I’m hoping a large Auburn contingent shows up! I’m out West or I would be there!

The Auburn crowd was good and grew as the game went on.  It was a fun day interacting with Ole Miss, LSU, TAMU and some Miss. State fans.  

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

The Auburn crowd was good and grew as the game went on.  It was a fun day interacting with Ole Miss, LSU, TAMU and some Miss. State fans.  

Yep....I went to Hoover for several years a while back and it was lots of fun sitting around with the other old codgers talking baseball and about the good old days and former great players in baseball.    That's what I love about baseball...the pace of the game allows the fans to socialize and interact.....and in most cases the rivalries don't carry the venom you see at football and basketball games.    You can appreciate a good play on the field no matter which team makes it.  

Wishing I had gone this year but it's a pretty big deal to go that far with the prospect of only one game.....maybe next year if we can make it to a bye. 

Been a great two days of baseball, especially watching AU come out on top in some high stress spots.  While LSU fans are always represented well and their typical raucous selves, Ole Miss is quickly taking the lead for me in the "clueless low baseball IQ fanbases who just like to whine about anything."  My gosh, they were insufferable today.  

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

War Eagle in French......:lmao:

Big Canada is a good sport.

Aigle de Guerre 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Aigle de Guerre 

Did you see that reporter ask him how to say War Eagle in French as he was walking away? He said it and gave a thumbs up and something about it was just so funny. 

11 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Been a great two days of baseball, especially watching AU come out on top in some high stress spots.  While LSU fans are always represented well and their typical raucous selves, Ole Miss is quickly taking the lead for me in the "clueless low baseball IQ fanbases who just like to whine about anything."  My gosh, they were insufferable today.  

Baseball is about all they have right now. They won't go down easy...lol

10 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Closely followed by the SEC Net announcers today who could not get off the collision between Anthony and the OM catcher.....strongly hinted at dirty play and kept at it for a couple innings until an SEC official finally set them straight about the play....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Closely followed by the SEC Net announcers today who could not get off the collision between Anthony and the OM catcher.....strongly hinted at dirty play and kept at it for a couple innings until an SEC official finally set them straight about the play....

Yea, I've been shocked to see the response out in the Internet world about that play, so it's obvious a lot of people are just parroting what they hear the idiots tell them on TV.  That wasn't even the biggest ruffler of feathers to rebel black bearcat iguana koala fans in the stadium.  Was essentially a non-issue live.  Hell, Ole Miss' head coach, who complained about everything, even took that explanation without arguing back

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yea, I've been shocked to see the response out in the Internet world about that play, so it's obvious a lot of people are just parroting what they hear the idiots tell them on TV.  That wasn't even the biggest ruffler of feathers to rebel black bearcat iguana koala fans in the stadium.  Was essentially a non-issue live.  Hell, Ole Miss' head coach, who complained about everything, even took that explanation without arguing back

Yep they showed the exchange between the ump and the coach...and the coach nodded and went back to the dugout when he saw the catcher was OK.  

But the announcers kept saying that Anthony should have stopped running since he was out by a couple yards.....which the way he was running was not possible.....and that's like saying a runner from first on a  DP ball to an infielder should stop and give the SS an unobstructed thrown to first.    

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep they showed the exchange between the ump and the coach...and the coach nodded and went back to the dugout when he saw the catcher was OK.  

But the announcers kept saying that Anthony should have stopped running since he was out by a couple yards.....which the way he was running was not possible.....and that's like saying a runner from first on a  DP ball to an infielder should stop and give the SS an unobstructed thrown to first.    

The catcher probably also keeps his balance if his pitcher hits him in the chest from 20 feet away instead of almost airmailing him

Just now, waaegl said:

Is Auburn home or visitors against A&M?

Better seed so should be home team

44 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

That came across on the radio broadcast.  Was annoying and n response to almost anything.

also ... of all the coaches this year, ole miss coach was the worst even as they were sweeping us.  He was irritating today as well 

Our offense was dead and buried through six innings.  The difference after that is not something that is easy to manufacture and is something that does not come from pressing or the coaching staff brow beating their team.  This group, players and coaches, are special.  It's a beautiful thing when guys love their teammates and trust their coaches.

Oh yeah, and Casey Nono goes tomorrow....

47 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Many were but there were some good ones around me. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Many were but there were some good ones around me. 

I'm going to need you to buy a lotto ticket tonight and share the winnings with the board then with all your luck ?

Archived