*** Game Thread: Auburn vs. Washington ***

RunInRed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Davidson and Coe aren’t athletic? Lol

Yes, they are obviously slow and lack explosiveness. I don't expect much of a pass rush from either of them. 

Davidson has been a full-time starter for two years and his career high in sacks is 3. 

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Most Auburn half under Gus Malzahn as I've EVER seen.

Not sure about that.

Only about 5-6 runs up the middle on first down.

Still not '17 LSU second half......yet.

I am very impressed with the true freshamn btw . Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to need some playmakers in the backfield or get back to animated play calling. They are taking away that middle 

1 minute ago, theweegler said:

Just a few adjustments and we blow em out second half. 

Do we do that? Adjustments?

Maybe on D

We have the same issue we have had last two years no Red Zone TD's. Stidham is hot and we get in the Red Zone and won't pass on 1st down. It makes no sense.

I think we don’t know what to do without a marque RB. A lot of zero production first down plays. The passing is looking better, at least.

Honestly, we should never schedule a big opening week game again. It just takes Gus two or three games to figure his team out.

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

Yes, they are obviously slow and lack explosiveness. I don't expect much of a pass rush from either of them. 

Davidson has been a full-time starter for two years and his career high in sacks is 3. 

That is a “aggravated” comment with the first half. Davidson and Coe are both two super athletic DE’s. I do not take the “unathletic” comment seriously at all, bc that is so far from true. They totally dominated, other than one drive when we went in prevent for some reason. Don’t understand it

Just now, DAG said:

I am very impressed with the true freshamn btw . Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to need some playmakers in the backfield or get back to animated play calling. They are taking away that middle 

Are you calling for the whirling Cox play?

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Just because it wouldn't of made a difference in a play or two means nothing. 100% of the time our DBs never face the ball. More times than not, that is going to make a difference 

No it's not ever going to make a difference if you're beat by more than a step. And what do you mean looking at the play that it doesn't make a difference means nothing?

Sorry guys. My beautiful, amazing wife came home right after we went up 9-0. I told her to leave but now I'm watching the game through a window on the back patio.

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Most what? Not being cantankerous.

Most auburn-like halves. We start out great and shoot ourselves in the foot and let the opponent back into the game.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Running game not happening.  Kam and Boobie not breaking tackles is killing the offense.

Put in Asa Martin?

Im not pleased, but a lot of these posts are downright humorous. We arent playing Austin Peay or Eastern Illinois today. Did you expect UW to roll over and quit? We are in a 4 quarter ballgame & need to step it up.

5 minutes ago, WDE427 said:

I though someone said since that BIG raise he has changed and had something different about him. Looks like typical Gus to me. 

Didn’t mean to upset anyone was just referring to the runs up the middle. I like the passing. 

Looked lost on offense in second quarter. Need to come out with a commanding touchdown to start the second half. Come on guys War Eagle! 

I understand that everyone is frustrated right now, but we are winning at halftime against a damn good (#6) football team. Life could be worse. Enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Running game not happening.  Kam and Boobie not breaking tackles is killing the offense.

Zero push and no holes opening up by OL as well. Pretty bad all around. 

Offensive line not giving the rbs holes . Doing a good job pass protection but need to open more holes for cam and boobie

Archived