Gus’ Ceiling

Zeek

On 9/15/2018 at 10:34 PM, Zeek said:

Define personell?

Seems like most agree 8-9 with a lucky 10. Isn’t that we mocked Richt for over the years?

So if we know he’s not going to reach the heights we hope for, what then?

Another insanely costly buyout? 

With your opening comment, and now the way you’re reacting to anyone who feels Gus has a shot at a SEC or National Championship, we can easily see where you stand.

With the way Alabama cheats, we get out recruited by them every year and currently Gus is 2-3 versus Nick Satan and the turds. Last year he beat the two teams (thuga and turds) that played for the national championship.

To further answer your personal question: If we have a Heisman candidate type quarterback or running back, I can see Gus returning to the national championship scene. If you want the entire AU athletic department to completely lose integrity, and start buying all five star D-linemen and linebacker recruits brand new sports cars, you’re cheering for the wrong team.

If you want another Nick Satan, Dumbo Sweeney or Urban Weiner please consider following one of those three schools. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

With your opening comment, and now the way you’re reacting to anyone who feels Gus has a shot at a SEC or National Championship, we can easily see where you stand.

With the way Alabama cheats, we get out recruited by them every year and currently Gus is 2-3 versus Nick Satan and the turds. Last year he beat the two teams (thuga and turds) that played for the national championship.

To further answer your personal question: If we have a Heisman candidate type quarterback or running back, I can see Gus returning to the national championship scene. If you want the entire AU athletic department to completely lose integrity, and start buying all five star D-linemen and linebacker recruits brand new sports cars, you’re cheering for the wrong team.

If you want another Nick Satan, Dumbo Sweeney or Urban Weiner please consider following one of those three schools. 

I think you misunderstand my approach. Legitimately, I'm asking non-rhetorical questions because I can't decide where my seat really is on the "Gus bus". He probably has come in to Auburn in one of the most difficult times, regarding our conference competition. His actual ability and potential to beat the Georgia's and Bama's of the world are what make it all the more frustrating to see us lose games we shouldn't.

It's like having a dog that's really well behaved, intelligent, and house trained. When they make a mistake in the house it's all the more frustrating because you know that it knows better! If you have a "dumb" dog who isn't trained you're not too surprised when it poops on the rug.

Gus is a bright dog, who can make it a whole season without pooping on the rug but man it's frustrating when he does.

26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think you misunderstand my approach. Legitimately, I'm asking non-rhetorical questions because I can't decide where my seat really is on the "Gus bus". He probably has come in to Auburn in one of the most difficult times, regarding our conference competition. His actual ability and potential to beat the Georgia's and Bama's of the world are what make it all the more frustrating to see us lose games we shouldn't.

It's like having a dog that's really well behaved, intelligent, and house trained. When they make a mistake in the house it's all the more frustrating because you know that it knows better! If you have a "dumb" dog who isn't trained you're not too surprised when it poops on the rug.

Gus is a bright dog, who can make it a whole season without pooping on the rug but man it's frustrating when he does.

lmao this is a good analogy.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, kwagoner said:

That may have been more valid last year. I recall 2  3rd and 5+ where all our routes were short and intermediate. One, conversion. One, not.  They even used it as a talking point on the broadcast.  I think the critical area is OL like we can all agree on.

I'll give you the fact that we pass the ball more now since Lindsey came, but the fact remains that we are just not a real threat to drive the football down the field through the air consistently.

Archived