Who do you hate losing to the most?

Linayus

Who do you hate losing to the most?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which Auburn rival do you hate losing to more than any other?

• Alabama
    • LSU
    • Georgia
    • Arkansas
    • MS State
    • Ole Miss
    • Texas A&M
    • Other
    • All of them!

For me, it'd have to be LSU. Georgia comes in a close second followed by Bama. Why? Mainly because of how many times we lose to these teams when we shouldn't. So many times and in so many frustrating ways (especially last second crap with LSU that almost always goes their way).

Edit: Also - I lived in Louisiana for several years and still have a TON of LSU friends that I cannot stand during football season. LOL

So what about you all?

Edit #2: This might be better off in Rivals. My bad!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to any specific team. I hate losing to an inferior team. Losing to an equal or better team doesn't bother me so much. Tip your hat and move on. But losing to lsu, a team I believe Auburn is better than,  like we have the last two years, really chaps my a$$.

I hate losing to teams we are better than.  At least Bama and now Georgia have better players across the board.  Games like Saturday and UCF last year where Auburn has a talent advantage sting the most.  Miss State and Texas A&M are two other teams that shouldn’t be able to match up with Auburn but probably will. 

Biased by recent years but losing to Georgia has been infuriating and detrimental to seasons. LSU is early enough that we can overcome the optics. Alabama fans act like they won the Natty even when they go 6-6 losing to UL Monroe. I am on the fence on whether I hate Georgia or Alabama more. Georgia's delusional fanbase and more "thugish" players gives them an edge.

I've always said

Bama Fans < Georgia fans narrowly

Georgia players < Alabama players by a slightly less narrow margin

I know a lot of people bring up that UCF game (and I agree we should have won!) but their guys were FIRED UP. It was impressive and humbling too a bit for our players, I think. But still, we should've handled them.

10 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Not to any specific team. I hate losing to an inferior team. Losing to an equal or better team doesn't bother me so much. Tip your hat and move on. But losing to lsu, a team I believe Auburn is better than,  like we have the last two years, really chaps my a$$.

This!

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This!

This x2!

I've been to Iron Bowls where we have gotten blown out and left perfectly fine and proud of how we played

The Georgia game where we completely quit trying still haunts my dreams and pisses me off.

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree, I have yet to get over our 1984 and 1985 losses to bammer.

Nor have I. Pat Dye had those two Auburn teams playing on egg shells. Definitely playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Biased by recent years but losing to Georgia has been infuriating and detrimental to seasons. LSU is early enough that we can overcome the optics. Alabama fans act like they won the Natty even when they go 6-6 losing to UL Monroe. I am on the fence on whether I hate Georgia or Alabama more. Georgia's delusional fanbase and more "thugish" players gives them an edge.

I've always said

Bama Fans < Georgia fans narrowly

Georgia players < Alabama players by a slightly less narrow margin

Georgia= Bama mouth with a Vandy trophy case.  This coupled with living here makes me hate them the most and there is no close second.

For me it's Bama but really it's not losing to the team as much as having to listen to the fans that get their own self esteem raised because their self worth seems to ride on the coattails of the season for them. I can't stand losing to that fan base. The actual team I hate losing to is tied between UGA and LSU. I used to like UGA when Dooley was there but no longer. 

45 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree, I have yet to get over our 1984 and 1985 losses to bammer.

or our heart breaking loss a few years later to FSU.

17 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Georgia= Bama mouth with a Vandy trophy case.  This coupled with living here makes me hate them the most and there is no close second.

This is the most perfect description of uga...ever!

Hands down, uga is the worst. 

since i live in Georgia.   ill put UGA as #1   hearing their sports radio accuse us of cheating after we shellacked them in the first game showed me all i needed to know

27 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Bama mouth with a Vandy trophy case.

I'm going to borrow this... for life lol.

12 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

or our heart breaking loss a few years later to FSU.

I swear I have subconsciously blocked this game out of memory. The only football game since I was 10 that I haven't sat down and rewatched with my old man. Still disgusted, bitter, and annoyed. Being so close to Tallahassee I see too many 2013 NC gear and I almost always want to start an argument about their undeserved championship; 99% I just shake my head and sigh at the championship that could/should have been.

Tre Mason deserved the Heisman #ChangeMyMind

P.S. completely random but I say this anytime I think of Heisman trophies. Mark Ingram has no business owning a Heisman trophy.

i still will not pull for moo state after the cam thing. and jawja fans are the worst of the worst. i refuse to even watch jawja unless they play us. the worst jawja fan i ever met was one of those flat earth guys. i told him to walk to the edge, take a pic, and bring it back for folks to see.

Living in Tallahassee, Florida State. (We've actually played them 3 times as many games as Texas A&M). Only Gators & Candycanes rival Noles for bragging without facts or a shred of actual football knowledge.

Archived