GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

its amazing Gus's  end of half offenses are almost like he wants to give up and go into the locker room.   

Exactly!! It use to not be that way. If we had a minute+ on offense, I always felt like we were playing to steal a score right before the half.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks, in 2016 he let SW die on the vine during the UGA game and he was done for the regular season as I remember it.  The Vandy game in 2016 was the last one.  Thanks again.

Not defending Gus, but I seem to recall SW playing hurt and not telling the staff. Should Gus still have pulled him, probably, but SW is equally to blame. 

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I can’t see the game, can someone tell me how the offense is looking? Obviously we’ve scored 17 but how are we doing in a general sense?

Bout the same

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Exactly!! It use to not be that way. If we had a minute+ on offense, I always felt like we were playing to steal a score right before the half.

like he thinks we are going to rack up 30 the next quarter.   we need every single point possible

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s back when chizik was boss.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not defending Gus, but I seem to recall SW playing hurt and not telling the staff. Should Gus still have pulled him, probably, but SW is equally to blame. 

Not telling the coaches?  I sell life insurance for a living, never coached or played football and I was sitting on my  couch watching on TV  in Maitland Florida and I could tell he was hurt… Pretty sure the people right next to him watching him play and practice all day knew he was hurt. Remember the pass where he geared up and threw it as hard as he could and it went about 15 yards?

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Well, that’s kind of my point.  Gus just lets the QBs roll no matter how bad they may be as he either does not monitor their performance or he doesn’t trust the #2 or #3.  Oh, and Gus blaming SW for not tell him he was hurt is the lamest excuse I have heard a coach use.  Threw SW under the bus.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

So instead of letting our other track star field the kickoff and seeing if he can break one, Cox fair catches.  Great.

You’re reaching bro. I’m annoyed too but come on. They pooch kicked it

Archived