GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

Bottom line, whatever perceived improvement seen in the offense has been negated by a second week in a row that the defense has regressed.  The run D has picked up after the first of the game but the pass D stinks.  Little pressure not helping the coverage.

This is a home game against a NOT good UT team.

This may be the last "W" (big assumption it's even a W) of the year.  No, not counting Liberty...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaturdayGT said:

I heard "half time adjustments" come out of malzhans mouth...anyone know what hes talking about?..:p

Not a clue 

First down they run the ball

second down swing pass 

defense figure it out 

1 minute ago, SaturdayGT said:

I heard "half time adjustments" come out of malzhans mouth...anyone know what hes talking about?..:p

He's been reading message boards. Thinks it sounds cool.

3 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Who isn't?

With a competent offense, we wouldn't.  Our defense will keep us in any game if the offense doesn't look like the Keystone Cops.

But our OL isn't even a good Sun Belt OL, our QB is a head case and we have one good RB.  So we'll give up 40 mins time of possession and get hammered.

The difference in this game is one QB is willing to stay in pocket and step up to make a good throw and the other sees any pressure scrambles panics and throw with no idea of where the ball is going.  O-Line while not great has been decent this game. Mistakes are on our QB. D is playing badly two games in a row but I expect D to be tough in second half.

1 minute ago, jptiger said:
2 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Not a clue 

Yeah, he hiked up his belt, picked his nose and got a fresh Double Bubble.  He's all adjusted.

34 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

JJ was never close to mediocre

I like Jeremy a lot so I won’t call him anything less. He lost like two games where he started most of it I’m pretty sure, so he’s certainly a winner. Probably would be an improvement over Jarrett as well. Mediocre is a good enough description 

Archived