GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

For some reason almost every game this year we let teams score right before halftime. Seriously go back and look; we’ve done it almost every game this year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

For some reason almost every game this year we let teams score right before halftime. Seriously go back and look; we’ve done it almost every game this year.

how many of those times do we go  3 and out on the drive before?

wish I could click my heels together and open my eyes and Malzahn was gone. That is all. War Eagle 

Regarding that trick play: it’s not like Stidham wasn’t going to overthrow the receiver anyways. Our only hope at big plays is getting it to the playmakers in space. Look at what Schwartz, Slayton, and Davis can do with space.

First half impressions for me are overall good. Playcalling is so much better. Schwartz scored on an intermediate route! It WAS a terrible playcall to bring back the double reverse pass, though.

Secondary has been an unpleasant surprise.

23 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well that’ll look good in the ole QB stat box. Throw it 12 yards and let the wr do the rest. :)

We need to do more of that. Quick and short passes to our playmakers. We have so many playmakers on our team that can take it to the house at any time.  This would also help our Oline and Stidham out a great deal. But even with that...JS has to get his ISH together and make better decisions. 

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

how many of those times do we go  3 and out on the drive before?

Truth. Gus panics before halftime.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

First half impressions for me are overall good. Playcalling is so much better. Schwartz scored on an intermediate route! It WAS a terrible playcall to bring back the double reverse pass, though.

Secondary has been an unpleasant surprise.

We should be up 27-10 right now, at least.  It's not overall good.  

• Two idiotic interceptions.  
  • Repeated giving up 1st downs on 3rd and long.  
  • Running game is meh.  

Only bright spots were the first drive and the TD by Schwartz.

Just now, Zeek said:

Regarding that trick play: it’s not like Stidham wasn’t going to overthrow the receiver anyways. Our only hope at big plays is getting it to the playmakers in space. Look at what Schwartz, Slayton, and Davis can do with space.

Not trying to defend the throw but go back and look at the effort of the block by whitlow on the play.   Very piss poor effort.   If he blocks that guy , JS has plenty of time to at least look down field 

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

You’re reaching bro. I’m annoyed too but come on. They pooch kicked it

Did you not see where Shivers was when Cox caught the ball?  He was running up under it.

Just now, aubaseball said:

Not trying to defend the throw but go back and look at the effort of the block by whitlow on the play.   Very piss poor effort.   If he blocks that guy , JS has plenty of time to at least look down field 

No one is defending the blocking.  We're criticizing that our junior QB doesn't have the good sense to just take the sack instead of flailing the ball into nowhere.

I will say, outside of Stidham interception (stidceptions), we have looked better as a whole. Play calling has been better with moments of Gus-ups.

Am I the only one that is sick of seeing the high schoolish trick plays?  It shouldn't be too much to ask to just line up and play ball...

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I want to know what is going through the opposing coaches head when we call a trick play during a drive that we are having success on. 

Laughter or, “oh thank God”

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The trick play was a designed screen. Go back and watch.  The linemen were out in front ready to block on the right side.

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

If I'm not mistaken, the play was supposed to be a screen. OL were out to the right in front of Ryan Davis. That's why he made the tackle. #81 was double covered when they showed the replay going into the commercial.

Our offense has more yards in the first half then they have been averaging for an entire game for the last few games recently. If we actually had a quarterback.......

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Honest question: When was the last time Gus replaced the starting QB during a tight game?  The only one I remember is the 2015 UGA game with a hurt SW.

It ain't going to happen. As long as JS has two arms and legs...Gus ain't making a QB change. Not even sure why people are still asking this b/c they clearly should know how Gus is at this point. And even with JS having an identity crisis this year...i'll pass on Malik b/c we have no clue if he can actually throw the football any better than JS since Gus will not let him do so in a live game. It's JS or bust. 

Archived