GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy about the game, but the offense is moving the ball and the defense is playing pretty well.  Stidham threw 2 very dumb ints and we are still up.  Need to finish it in the 2nd half.  Could be much better without the turnovers, but could also be much worse without the defense stepping up.

I still believe there are some Auburn men in that locker room not wearing a visor that can curb stomp this low talent ut team. Still believe. War Damn Eagle

44 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

What happened to running it down their throat like the first drive?  That worked!

Looks like you answered your own question!!!! War eagle

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The trick play was a designed screen. Go back and watch.  The linemen were out in front ready to block on the right side.

I’m here in person so my eyes were in the backfield. That’s even more silly imo. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

We should be up 27-10 right now, at least.  It's not overall good.  

• Two idiotic interceptions.  
  • Repeated giving up 1st downs on 3rd and long.  
  • Running game is meh.  

Only bright spots were the first drive and the TD by Schwartz.

Disagree. This is the best our offense has looked since Washington. There wasn't going to be a magic light switch that took us from what we saw in Starkville last week to back to being elite like we were in the amen corner last year.

We are taking steps forward, which is what I wanted to see in this game. Nearly 300 yards of offense in a half. Just 2 stupid picks.

Slants to Davis, Schwartz, and Slayton. Throw it in the area of Seth he’ll catch it. Win.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Disagree. This is the best our offense has looked since Washington. There wasn't going to be a magic light switch that took us from what we saw in Starkville last week to back to being elite like we were in the amen corner last year.

We are taking steps forward, which is what I wanted to see in this game. Nearly 300 yards of offense in a half. Just 2 stupid picks.

Pollyanna at it's finest.  This team even if every perceived improvement you see is true, gets murdered vs UGA and Bama.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did you not see where Shivers was when Cox caught the ball?  He was running up under it.

The risk is not worth the reward on a play like that. For cox & him to flip flop while the ball is in the air. Could easily have been muffed & the likelyhood he take a a pooch kick to the house is slim to none

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Pollyanna at it's finest.  This team even if every perceived improvement you see is true, gets murdered vs UGA and Bama.

And this is what's sad. Auburn is driving the ball decently against Tenn. It looks about as good as it has in the last 5 games, and still its soo mediocre especially with execution

3 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The defense needs to step up in the 2nd half and quit giving up so many 3rd & long first down conversions. Stidham is definitely not NFL ready yet.

He’s not sec ready.  He gets the yips and that is just who he is.  He won’t grow out of it.  We need to groom the next qb for the end of the season and next.  I’d like to see a run based package with Willis and some of cord.

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Anyone else cringe at (at least parts of) this Auburn commercial? 

Better than the one a few years ago where the overweight, middle aged guy just walks around saying "War Eagle". That one made me laugh.

3 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

And this is what's sad. Auburn is driving the ball decently against Tenn. It looks about as good as it has in the last 5 games, and still its soo mediocre especially with execution

We should drive the ball easily vs Tennessee.  They stink.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

He’s not sec ready.  He gets the yips and that is just who he is.  He won’t grow out of it.  We need to groom the next qb for the end of the season and next.  I’d like to see a run based package with Willis and some of cord.

not trying to pour on or bash JS, but is there a throw that we have implemented in today's game plan that Cord couldnt make? At least prob protect the ball a lot better while not losing much of a run threat. Willis isnt a qb and i don't think is a viable option.

21 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not defending Gus, but I seem to recall SW playing hurt and not telling the staff. Should Gus still have pulled him, probably, but SW is equally to blame. 

This is where i differ with that SW situation. Sean was hurt before the UGA game and anyone paying attention could clearly see it. I thought SW was average but the dude gave it his all and put his body on the line time after time. It was easy to see early in the game that SW couldn't throw the ball over 15 yards and as the game went on and he took hits, it was even clearer. No player is going to take themselves out of a game. It was Gus's responsibility as the coach to see that SW was not effective. He knew he wasn't b/c at a certain point we didn't even try to pass and certainly not attempt any long passes. They knew he was hurting. I just don't understand how people put that on SW at all. He put it on himself but that wasn't on him. 

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Can’t argue. After 40 years of watching football. You know it when u see it.  Some have it some don’t. He don’t. He might make a play here or there but he’s not playing on sundays.

Archived