Men vs. Arizona

WarTiger

WOOOOOOO!!!! WAR DAMN BABY!!!!! HAD HAD HAAAAAAD to have that one. 2-1 vs some good competition. LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m glad their shots stopped falling and gave us a chance to pull away. They were certainly a thorn, and I can imagine their frustration. Always so close to taking the lead, and dancing around the 6 point or less deficit. 

We might have just secured a spot in the next Maui Classic! What a great 3 days of basketball we just experienced.  This is about as close to ecstatic as we could be without winning it all.  We just beat 2 certain tournament teams, sandwiched around a loss by 6 to the #1 team in the country...Just Wow!  Gonna go to bed now with a little more to be thankful for today...Happy Thanksgiving ya'll and War Eagle!

BEAT BAMA!

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He just likes saying his name. 

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he talked about how he liked  saying salsa. 

Just now, Coltonspain24 said:

Dunbar is playing like a superstar right now I’ve been very impressed with his play so far. He seems much more calm and in control his body language is completely different IMO.

I like his tenacity. 

8 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

War Eagle! You could tell that we didn’t have our legs tonight. But, we hung in there and fought hard. Great win against another big-name program!

It was exhausting for me just sitting on the couch drinking beers. 

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Did we just get third place!!! Lol woooooooooaaaaaarrrrrrrr Eagle!

Behind Duke and Gonzaga, so that’s pretty good considering where we were just a few years ago. 

Pearl has done a lot for this program, and I dearly hope we can hold onto him for years to come. 

Good showing at a great tournament with an unbelievably tough field. Two very good wins and a loss in which we really competed to one of the best teams in the country. There are certainly some things we can improve on, but we proved we can compete even when we are off our game. We didn’t play a complete great game this week, and I think as go along, we’ll only get better and more capable of playing our best against the biggest competition. This is a really good win for our program (this week).

This was a gutsy team effort. Harper who had been our best player first two games couldn't hit a shot tonight but was a great floor general. Then Dunbar was great, Wiley contributed, Spencer Contributed, Doughty contributed, McCormack contributed, Bryce got hot when we needed him to and Okeke played under control and had a solid game.

D was good, hustle was outstanding, beat them on the boards, unconscious 3 Point shooting is the only thing that kept this from being a blowout. This is a team that played well but still has a lot of upside.

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he talked about how he liked  saying salsa. 

😂.......Hellllllloooooooo..........la la la!!!!..........or...........your smoopy.....no YOU'RE smoopy.....

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This thread has turned a few of us into Walton fans. He’s like a rye whiskey, something you have to get used to to really start to enjoy. 

Loved the Mountain Man when he played👍

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This thread has turned a few of us into Walton fans. He’s like a rye whiskey, something you have to get used to to really start to enjoy. 

Or like getting used to the recipe....sorry, just some Walton's humor. Bill did become a little easier to listen to as the game went on and it was probably because we were winning that helped. I liked him in the court though, especially with the Celtics at the end of his career. 

Well, I wasn’t able to stay awake for tip off. I’m old now. But started my turkey smoke and watched the game. 

Pros:

- It looked like a 3rd game in 3 days, but AU did enough to keep Arizona in check

- Dunbar was good when needed, it’s so good AU has a few guys who can step up at times. He should get the start over Doughty, as has been mentioned by others.

- Refs were in AU’s court in this one

- 2-1 in Maui was the hope, and AU delivered

- Wiley is slowly coming along

- Defensively, Auburn played well all week

- AU isn’t really good yet, but the signs are there they can be

- Bill Walton

Cons:

- AU has no one who can drive and finish, that is going to hurt this year unless that develops

- Free throw, both getting them and making them

- Going way too deep in the shot clock before starting the offense. I get making a team defend for a while, but if you aren’t making them move, what is it really accomplishing if you end up just forcing a shot up

- Bill Walton

Loving the way Dunbar is playing so far this year. He needs to see the court more. He’s a full-grown man and brings serious toughness that we sometimes lack. And, seems to be playing a little more relaxed and confident, less chippy this year. If we can figure out the right way to incorporate Purifoy when he comes back....look out. I seriously think we can beat anyone anytime if that happens. These are really exciting times for AU men’s basketball. WDE!

OK...no more stuff from you young guys.....I was there until the absolute end......past 1:30 AM our time and took a while to get to sleep ...had to shake off the excitement....and nice that I could sleep in this morning.   Worth every wink of sleep I lost. 

BUT....hoping we don't have any more of those midnight tip-offs. :)

Archived